PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Nightmares

KarenP
09-16-2007, 06:21 PM
It starts this Wednesday. Anyone going to watch? I enjoyed Hell's Kitchen so I am going to give it a shot.

medic9016
09-16-2007, 06:53 PM
We will give it a shot also. We just started watching both his other shows on Fox Reality and BBC. Got to love satelite TV.

NotaGeek
09-16-2007, 07:25 PM
YEAH! :clappy:

tinkwest
09-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Absolutely looking forward to this show. Let's see how many smart people follow Gordon's advice & how many stupid people are too stubborn to change their ways, which usually leads to disaster.

chrisb26
09-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Been watching previews for the show and it looks like it will be pretty good I will be watching this show I do believe. :thumbsup:

Carol
09-17-2007, 08:08 AM
YES! :joy: The TiVo is already programmed.

Avid viewer of BBCA and 'Nightmares'. It's been on for quite some time now in the UK. I haven't missed an episode. It's in it's 4th season.

I'm looking forward to see how the US restaurateurs receive Gordon in this 'Nightmare' version. He shows no mercy in the UK.

On a related note; I wish we'd hurry up and get the 3rd season of 'The F Word' on BBCA. :unsure:

Huge Gordan fans in my house.

Carol
09-20-2007, 08:04 AM
I'm curious to see what you new viewers thought of the show. It was clear "Peter's" real problem was Peter. Oy. :rolleyes:

I did miss the follow up visit feature we see on the original version. Maybe they'll start doing that as time goes by. Interestingly enough, when they do follow ups on the UK shows many restaurants don't end up making it - or fall back into the same bad habits.

KarenP
09-20-2007, 09:23 AM
I liked it!

I agree that Peter was the problem 100%. He was a lazy, obnoxious, jerk! I would have like to have seen a follow up because I have a feeling he did not change at all.

DizneyRox
09-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Not as good as the BBC version, but better than most of the other "junk" on the tube.

They certainly picked a good restaurant for the premier. I didn't think people like Peter really existed. We can only hope the "bill collectors" are at some point able to "collect".

Tick-Tock
09-20-2007, 11:31 AM
I liked the show but Peter's turnaround was pretty suspect. Having seen Gordon's tongue-lashing, though, maybe if he starts backsliding, his family will not keep enabling him ...

tinkwest
09-21-2007, 04:47 PM
I enjoyed this episode but the miraculous turnaround for Peter seemed staged to me. For his sister's sake I hope it was real. He was a jerk.

chrisb26
09-21-2007, 08:23 PM
I thought this show was great! I really liked it and was glad I watched it I think I will be watching this show now.

I enjoyed this episode but the miraculous turnaround for Peter seemed staged to me. For his sister's sake I hope it was real. He was a jerk.

I have to agree Peter was such a mean person and the all the sudden he did a 180 not to sure that was real. But I do hope it was like you said.

KarenP
09-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Gordan Ramsey was on Larry King last night. Did anyone catch it? I wish I would have know. I would have loved to watch. I only caught the last 15 minutes. His wife is very pretty!

tinkwest
09-26-2007, 07:12 PM
His wife is very pretty!

And I love watching his kids on The F Word. They are adorable.

Here we go again...
09-27-2007, 03:07 AM
I watched the first show but missed last night's episode. And of course, THAT is the one I wanted to see.

I like the show. Chef Ramsey is a likeable guy... in a weird, hated way.

Even my DH watches now. :D

snowflakegirl
09-27-2007, 08:52 AM
I wasn't sure I was going to like it ... in fact, I was pretty sure I wasn't. DH dvrd it and watched the first episode without me, but asked me to at least give it a try. So yesterday I needed to clear some space on my dvr and I figured i'd watch a few minutes of it and delete it. I have no idea why I was so pessmimistic about it, I didn't have any feelings about Gordon, the premise, whatever, I just was sure I wouldn't like it for some reason. I ended up glued to the tv. I'm looking forward to watching last nights episode (I usually end up dvring most tv that I watch).

I agree, "Peter's" problem was Peter! And I would love to see a "how he's doing now" episode because I don't think he could possibly have changed so much so quickly. By the end it was like he was an entirely different man.

Advnt05
09-27-2007, 02:49 PM
While I totally agree the problem was Peter, what were his parents doing? They just sat there and watched it all without doing a thing. I think once his father even said, "We're Italian..we fight". That place is dead in the water. I doubt he'll change. What will he do next to support his lifestyle?

KarenP
09-27-2007, 04:06 PM
OMG, the restaurant in last night's episode was so disgusting! I cannot believe the board of health or whoever monitor's the cleanliness of restaurants did not shut them down.

Carol
09-27-2007, 10:51 PM
It was the dirtiest we've ever seen Gordon have to 'fix'. A real Nightmare! :jaw:

julyjewel
09-28-2007, 09:21 AM
I did watch Kitchen Nightmares and I loved it! I just like to watch Gordon flip out. He is so hysterical! I didn't know he had a wife and kids.

tinkwest
09-28-2007, 10:33 AM
I had to turn away from the TV when they went downstairs at Dillion's. I just couldn't watch it was so disgusting. :ack:

Advnt05
09-28-2007, 11:03 AM
The health department should have boarded up that place. I can't imagine how many people got sick there. I cant imagine that they can change.

bleukarma
10-03-2007, 01:33 PM
I finally watched the first 2 episodes that I tivo'd. I was a little afraid to watch this show and I thought that I wouldn't like but I ended up getting a season pass for it. Loved it! Gordon's attitude is just hilarious!

Momof2boys
10-03-2007, 02:23 PM
We are also big Ramsay fans in our house ~ I found myself having to look away though a few times last night. Almost makes me NOT want to eat out :ack: