PDA

View Full Version : What is the longest you have been on property and not gone to on of the big 4?

mook3y
09-16-2007, 12:39 PM
We are headed off to wdw first thing wednesday morning. We are going for 13 days and have 10 day park passes. So, this means we have 3 days that we have to go without entering Epcot, MK, AK or MGM.

We did get the waterparks and more option, so we are planning on doing Disneyquest and DTD the first day. BB and Disneyquest the second day.

Then, FINALLY go to MK of Friday!

Just curious if anyone else has managed to stay on property and not go into a park for 2 or more days. Im not sure we will be able to do it :blush:. But somehow we have to find 3 days not to go into a park!

ibrowse17
09-16-2007, 01:00 PM
We always build in a couple of "off" days in our schedule. These are days that we do not go to a park, but rather hang around our resort or visit resorts. We also might go to DTD on one of these days. If you are going to be at WDW for that long, you need to build in some of these type days. It really will keep you fresh and happy, trust me.:thumbsup:

mook3y
09-16-2007, 01:14 PM
We always build in a couple of "off" days in our schedule. These are days that we do not go to a park, but rather hang around our resort or visit resorts. We also might go to DTD on one of these days. If you are going to be at WDW for that long, you need to build in some of these type days. It really will keep you fresh and happy, trust me.:thumbsup:

We are definately up for "down" days! Definately one of our favorite days. I am just having a hard time taking 2 of them at the beginning! However, ADR's are dicatating when we have to take our down days this time.

But since we have never done the waterparks or DQ, I think we will manage somehow. ;)

ibrowse17
09-16-2007, 01:21 PM
You might want to space them out rather than have them front loaded. I try to plan our ADR's around our "on" days, and not be governed by them. When we stay for 10 or more days, we have at least 2 days off spread out over the trip. As you know, Disney can really wear you down, and some time off is needed on a longer trip.

Speedy1998
09-16-2007, 02:12 PM
18 hours.

Arrived at 2pm, was in MK for EMH at 8am.

SBETigg
09-16-2007, 02:16 PM
I've never made it more than a day and that was torture. If my park days were limited, I would probably prefer to take a few days off in between instead of putting off going to the parks for that long. Best wishes to you.

BrownEyedGrrl
09-16-2007, 06:54 PM
The longest we've stayed on property and not gone into one of the parks is one day. We purposely built two "off days" into our itinerary last year. Two days in the parks, one day out, two more days in the park, one day out, and then our last two in the park. It was the first time we'd done it like that, and it worked very well for us and the boys; allowed my husband to golf, the boys to spend time swimming and playing on the playground, and I was off for some shopping (obviously I had the boys while hubby golfed, and he had them while I shopped :D). I think we'll probably always build some off days in from now on.

LoriMistress
09-16-2007, 06:57 PM
DH and I will be at the parks for 11 days/11 nights. I think it's great to have at least one or two days off to avoid the parks. When we first arrive on 12/8 we're going to be checking out the GF for the Christmas decorations, have lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe, head over to DTD and watch Cirque du Soleil, and eat dinner at The Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck's.

One another day, we'll be sleeping in, heading toward DTD to check out DQ. We'll also be taking breaks by visiting other resorts to check out the Christmas decorations and eating dinner at some of the nicer restaurants at the resorts.

branvy
09-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Well let's see...

After years of coercing, I finally talked DH into a 5-night trip in 2004, a Sunday through Friday. We didn't go Sunday, went Monday and Tuesday, I had a resurgence of food poisoning I'd fought the week before :sick:, so I spent Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday until 2 pm (when we had to leave for the airport ) NOT in the parks. So...yeah...that kind of stunk. :pout:

But on the plus side, when we went on DCL in 2006, we used our unused days for a pre-cruise trip. :thumbsup:

If I were you, I would definitely break up the days you take off. I'm sure after those early morning and late evening EMH's, your family will love the "sleep in" day :)

WEDTOPIA
09-16-2007, 07:18 PM
3 years ago we were on property for 9 days and only went to the Magic Kingdom the first day and spent the next 8 days exploring all non-park areas of WDW. Granted , at the time , we had seasonal passes and spent many days at the parks throughout the year. So we didn't have the need to commando. And this was a regular vacation week.

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and spent a lot of time relaxing. But , we also spent time at the water parks , Wide World of Sports , Downtown Disney , miniature golf , resort hopping , renting Sea Raycers , horseback riding , and enjoying as many restaurants as possible. There's plenty of stuff to keep you occupied.

That being said ,if I'm only going once a year or every 2 or 3 years , I couldn't possibly do that agenda again . But I would certainly plan a couple of days away from the theme parks.

:mickey:

Gottaluvgoof
09-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Only long enough to sleep! :D I have had water park tickets for years now. Someone gave them to me, and each year we go down and can never pull ourselves away from the REAL parks to go to the water parks.

huzzah4
09-17-2007, 01:47 PM
The longest we have been on property and not been in one of the four parks, let's see, 15-20 mins from the property line to the hotel, an hour or so to check in and pickup our keys to the world, 10 mins waiting for the bus, 10-15 mins bus ride to the park, 10 -15 mins walking from bus and having bags checked. Grand total - 1:45 - 2 hours

amd780
09-17-2007, 05:23 PM
DH and I are staying on property for 6 nights in January, but we're only going to the parks for 4 days. This way, we can have an "off" day in the middle to just go to DTD and Fantasia Minigolf. 5 days in a row of park hopping was exhausting for us last time! :mickey: