PDA

View Full Version : Boatwrights at Riverside? Good?

disguy
09-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Is Boatwrights at PO-Riverside still as good as I remember from several years back?

Also - what's good there these days? :eat:

I'm going to be down there this month and am wondering if it's worth including on our limited dining schedule!

Ms.Disney
09-16-2007, 12:26 PM
We just got back from a week stay at POR we LOVED the resort! It was absolutely beautiful, how ever we ate at boatwrights the last night we were there and the food was ok, not really that great but not the worst. The food court was good they have alot to choose from. IMO WDW has much better places to eat when we go next year we are skiping boatwrights.

KarenP
09-16-2007, 06:05 PM
The food is good, but not great. Imo, there are a lot of places that are much better.

#1donaldfan
09-16-2007, 06:48 PM
For dinner the above replies are "close".....but for breakfast you cannot do any better....the sweet potato pancakes / banana stuffed french toast / and kids cinny french toast are the best ever.......dinner was ok......if you like the home cooking /down home taste it's "all that" ...

Laysout4it
09-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Stayed at POR-FQ the week of Labor Day. Walked over to our ADRs at Boatwright's the last night of our stay (a Friday night). Lovely walk, btw. We were on the Dining Plan so we got to "splurge" on an appetizer per person as well as an entree and dessert. The corn bread brought to your table is really good (has real corn in it). We had the salad or the crawfish cakes and everyone loved each.
Prime rib, filet mignon and the pork chops were ordered and all cooked perfectly and delicious.
Tried all the desserts and they were fair. Not as fabulous as other places we'd been that week. But not bad either.
We also had great service and didn't feel rushed or crammed in.
We enjoyed it very much.

tinksmom02
09-16-2007, 09:16 PM
We had a late lunch and a breakfast at Boatwright's in January.

Lunch--mom and I shared a burger, it was good.

Breakfast--excellent! I had the banana-stuffed French Toast, it was phenomenal. I can't remember what everyone else had, but I remember that they were very happy with their meals, as well.

Jared
09-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Boatwright's Dining Hall is a solid choice for those staying at Port Orleans- Riverside who don't want to travel too far for a meal. But it's definitely not a destination restaurant.

disguy
09-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks everyone! :rocks: It sounds like a solid choice for breakfast but don't stress out if we don't get dinner there.

;)