PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Jasmine Costume at WDW

Disney Baby
09-16-2007, 12:29 AM
Hello! If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it. My 6 year old DD wants to be Jasmine for Halloween. I really like the costume that they have at WDW but on the internet (ebay, etc) it goes for $70.00. Does anyone know how much it costs at WDW?

tinksmom02
09-16-2007, 08:23 PM
I briefly glanced at a Jasmine costume (in one of the WS stores but NOT Morrocco, go figure), and I think the price was $60. It looked to be a very nice costume, though.

I think DD5 may want one next week...

packofjedis
09-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Strange this is on Intercot. Just yesterday my neighbor was telling me about their trip to WDW and how her daughter got a Jasmine costume for Halloween. She said it was $80, but she might be remembering wrong. They went about a month ago.

ncscgirl2005
09-18-2007, 09:53 AM
If I'm not mistaken, I believe the costume goes for about $60 but the accessories are sold separately and they are pretty expensive as well. DD-6 wanted one and I remember DD-10 trying to rationalize to her that it was way too much money and not worth it. By the way DD-10is a penny pincher but that's good because she has lots of money for a 10 year old.

illini
09-18-2007, 01:36 PM
In 2003, the costume was $60 (OK, between $58 and $62). I wouldn't be surprised if it's gone up since then. It's a gorgeous costume, but the coins and danglies fell off of ours. Kinda crummy for that kind of dough.

Iluvpooh
09-18-2007, 04:32 PM
I know that the Disney Store costumes usually seem to be better made and about 1/2 the price. I bought my DD a Snow White last October at WDW (Tink's Treasures)it was $68 plus the tax so around $75- I bought her an Aurora Costume from DisneyShopping a few weeks ago they were having a 40 % off sale plus I had a code for an additional %20 plus they are shipping costumes free right now so it was around $20. BIG DIFFERENCE!!:thedolls:

floridamom
09-18-2007, 05:10 PM
I agree that in some instances that the Disney Store (or disneyshopping.com) is a better way to go, in terms of price and comparable quality. However, DD5 also wants to be Jasmine for Halloween and IMHO none of their offerings are nearly as nice-looking as the $60 WDW version. (Also a factor for us here in FL is that the WDW version is more cool and comfortable for our still-hot October weather).

In fact we are making a special trip over to DTD next weekend to pick hers up. If you have an AP, you can also save 10% by buying at World of Disney.

Having said that, I did already order the Jasmine shoes online for about 8 bucks as opposed to twice that price at WDW. I guess that's where I draw the line ;)