PDA

View Full Version : sending packages home...

battle beast
09-15-2007, 09:54 PM
If you purchase something, and it's too big to carry home, will Disney Ship it home for you???

Is there a way to do that?

Polynesian Dweller
09-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Absolutely. I have been asked by CMs if I wanted my purchase shipped several times. Haven't done it yet (not needed) but they are quite willing to do that, for a price of course. And yes, to Canada as well. :mickey:

TexasPrincessAurora
09-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Anywhere you purchase anything in WDW you can have all those purchases shipped home. They basically have you fill out a form and charge you for the shipping. You leave everything with the store and a week or two later your packages arrive home via UPS. It's a great service if you're flying or have limited space in the vehicle. The charges were reasonable when we used the service in June.

DNS
09-16-2007, 11:41 AM
We bought a cuckoo clock at the Germany pavilion and the CM suggested we ship it home and she took care of everything. We just had to fill out a form. We received our clock about 2 weeks later. I can't remember what the shipping rate was, but it seems like it was reasonable.

Jasper
09-16-2007, 12:03 PM
We have shipped things a couple of times and found it to be a nice service. It has probably been four or five years since we last used the shipping service so my memory might be off or Disney’s policy may have changed in that time.

Anyway, I think that at that time Disney did not charge for using the shipping service. If I am remembering correctly I think the only charge was whatever amount the shipping company charged. Of course, remember that costs are going to be different depending on the size and weight of the item to be shipped as well as the location to be shipped to.

We found this service to be especially helpful with highly breakable items because there is an automatic insurance on all items up to a certain amount and then you can purchase additional insurance above the minimum amount. That way if they break it, they buy it. This doesn’t happen if you break it in the trunk of your car!

mickey&missy
09-17-2007, 09:38 AM
I bought A LOT of christmas decorations last trip and had them shipped home. I also had a set of Wilderness Lodge lincoln logs and a Cinderella's Castle play set shipped.

They arrived a few days after we got home via UPS. It was like Christmas!! It was so much fun to open all the stuff! Everything was packaged wonderfully! Nothing broke, not even glass christmas balls!

I'll definitely ship stuff home again!

If your purchasing something and wanted it shipped home just tell the CM. You'll fill out a form and pay for shipping with the cost of the items and off it will go!

eam
09-17-2007, 10:24 AM
I also shipped items home from the MK a few years back and found it very reasonable. The very helpful CM told me it was cheaper to send items from the MK than from my resort hotel. The parks charged a flat rate, whereas the resorts went by weight. It was great as I had purchased some garden stones that were very heavy. Another year when I used this service, I was carrying some packages with me when I decided on something else and decided to ship those items home. The CM then told me I could add all of the packages I was carrying to the 'being shipped' items for the same cost.
I'm not sure if this is still true, but it does bear checking out.
Good luck and have a great time!
Only 50 more days and I will be eating my way around the F&W Festival.:woohoo:

battle beast
09-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Only 50 more days and I will be eating my way around the F&W Festival.:woohoo:

Only 45 days for me!!! :woohoo:

battle beast
09-17-2007, 01:01 PM
Thnaks everyone!:mickey:!!

Darbylew
09-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Yes of course they will. If you are staying in one of the resorts and buy something in one of
the parks you can have it sent back to your
resort at no charge. :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-17-2007, 02:17 PM
We were there this time last year and forgot about the no liquids on the plane and had to have a snowglobe and 3 bottles of wine shipped back home. We shipped ground plus insurance and it cost us only $12. They gave us the boxes and packing stuff free of charge....anyone gone recently and still know if this is true?