PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Back - Need Help Planning Next Trip

JCDarzi
09-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Help! We just got back from WDW 9/8 - 9/15. It wasn't our best trip. I think we need to re-think our accomodations. Our biggest issues were:

1) Bus Service - This year we stayed at All-Stars Music. (we have stayed at POP our last two trips, we liked them both about the same)Disney did a fairly good job scheduling the buses. Our problems with the bus service was the length of travel with two strollers, two toddlers, and all our gear. Our DS2 made it a point to scream through most of the bus trips. The buses were always packed and we had to stand at least half the time. A recipe for stress when we are trying to de-stress.

2) Room Layout - We had to turn out all the lights to get our toddlers asleep and generally went to sleep ourselves. I woke up most nights around 2:00 am still wearing my shoes. We never got to just relax after getting the kids in bed. We either fell asleep ourselves or couldn't turn on the tv for fear of waking the kids up.

I need some recommendations...while we are willing to spend a little more money on our hotel, we do have to stay within a budget. It appears that we could solve the bus problem by staying in either Poly or Contemporary but are probably too high. We could solve the Room layout problem by staying in a suite which are generally more than we want to spend (except for possibly AllStars family suites).

How would you all solve our dilemma? Is there any way of getting the best of the both worlds without breaking the bank? Thanks for any advice!

BluewaterBrad
09-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Stay offsite. Try not to do too much at once. Relax.:mickey::mickey:

magicofdisney
09-15-2007, 08:19 PM
I think with budget constraints, the Music Suites are probably your best bet. I know it can be tough dealing with two little ones and all their gear. I've not stayed at the suites, but I've heard wonderful things about them. You'll at least be able to put the little ones to bed and still have some down time for you and your spouse. The second bath is away from the bedroom so you wouldn't need to worry about bothering them after they're down for the evening. Additionally, they'll be older next time, so that will also make things easier. GL with your decision. :mickey:

PetefromRI
09-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Try renting a 2 or 3 bedroom villa at either Marriott or Sheraton Vistana.Great accommadations and actually much nicer resorts than Disney for less money(even though I still love staying onsite).You will have to drive which I hate doing on vacation but I know people that love it.Going with little ones is really tough in 1 room.When ours were young we stayed at FW in the cabins.It was still a tough trip for my wife,we enjoyed Disney much more when the kids got older.

moe513
09-15-2007, 08:26 PM
I think the poly and cont have the same layout. I would look at the cabins. You get 2 rooms and a kitchen. Also, you are close to mk.

Belle1217
09-15-2007, 09:51 PM
I had the same problem. I was there last year and got 2 connecting rooms. Worked out great. We did want the suite in the all star but when Disney gives discounts they don't do it for the suite. So I switched to 2 rooms in the All-Star Sports. We had a great time. And it's less expensive then the Poly (although I would love to stay there:mickey:) Whatever you choose have fun. I think planning the trip is almost as much fun as being there!!!

wedway fan
09-15-2007, 10:08 PM
while we are willing to spend a little more money on our hotel, we do have to stay within a budget. It appears that we could solve the bus problem by staying in either Poly or Contemporary but are probably too high. We could solve the Room layout problem by staying in a suite which are generally more than we want to spend (except for possibly AllStars family suites).

staying at the poly or CR could solve both your issues. last 2 trips we solved the bedtime problem by staying in a first floor room in the garden wing of the CR. got it by chance the first time, and made it a request for it the second trip. we would put the kiddies down at night, sit out on the patio and read or play scrabble. one of us would maybe sneak off for coffee or even to an EMH. then we'd sneak back in when we were sufficiently bed-ready. worked great.

i know this advice doesn't help your budget very much (sorry!), but if it's any consolation, the standard view rooms in the wing of the CR are some of the cheapest deluxe rooms there are. (per the intercot 2007 rates, they're $259 in value season, only a little more than the $179 for a ASMu suite during the same time.)

we're fortunate to be staying at the poly in april, and we'll definitely be requesting that first floor room.

skip a latte or two a week, put away the extra cash, and splurge on the deluxe next trip. you'll be glad you did.