PDA

View Full Version : Park tickets

Momof5
09-15-2007, 06:02 PM
OK, I almost hesitate to ask this question, but I'm going to throw it out there. I've noticed there are a couple of people selling park hopper tickets on ebay. What do you think of this? Would you trust it?

sly1
09-15-2007, 06:16 PM
The problem with that is if the tickets have been used they are linked to the original user via the ticket tag system. If someone else tries to use it, it will recognize its not the original user. They would probably go ahead and let you in the park if its a valid ticket but it won't allow you to get fastpasses. That is what I have seen happen in the past.

Jared
09-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Don't purchase tickets on eBay. Disney prohibits this risky practice. Honestly, I don't think INTERCOT allows discussions about ways to break the rules.

medic9016
09-15-2007, 08:10 PM
No way would I buy tickets on Ebay. What a sick feeling when you paid for tickets and get to the parks to find out they are no good.:ill: There are so many people trying to scam easy money.

DizneyRox
09-16-2007, 06:38 AM
... They would probably go ahead and let you in the park if its a valid ticket but it won't allow you to get fastpasses.
Probalby what they would do is ask for ID and notice that the name of the ID doesn't match the name on the ticket and refuse entry.

Ticket Tag was designed to prevent EXACTLY what you are describing. Tickets are non-transferrable and must be used by the same person on any and ALL days.

BronxTigger
09-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Not all tickets have names on them. The plastic ones do, but if you go to the ticket counter and get a paper one, it won't have a name on it.

However, I think it is very risky to trust an unknown ebay seller on something that important and expensive. The only way to test how many days are on a Disney ticket is by swiping it at their property.

Consider it like a little insurance to buy from a reputable dealer. It might be more than the price you see on ebay, but it comes with peace of mind....and that is worth a lot.

MickeyandTink
09-19-2007, 12:59 PM
DW and I are regular buyers and sellers on e-bay and have rarely had any problems. HOWEVER, I don't think it would be a good idea to get WDW tickets via e-bay. There's just too much risk that you would have problems and it's a lot of money to be out for the possibility of saving a few bucks. Just my :twocents:.