PDA

View Full Version : Best CS in each park??

tavera
09-15-2007, 02:23 PM
We leave tomorrow and for some reason i completely forgot about investigaing CS in the parks! I have all of my ADR's for dinner but no clue on where to have lunch. Give me your best CS in each park and why! I'd rather avoid the "hamburgers and fries and pizza" kind of places - in AK we loved Tusker House but i hear it is no longer a CS, soo....where do we go in MK, AK, MGM, and Epcot??

SBETigg
09-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Epcot's World Showcase has the best variety of choices for us and you can see what you feel like when you get there but some of our favorites are:
Tangierine Cafe
Cantina de San Angel
Yakitori House

At MK, try Columbia Harbour House. The fish and chips are good but if you're feeling healthier, the ham sandwich and hummus sandwich options, both served on whole grain breads, are outstanding.

At AK, we like Flametree BBQ, the barbecued chicken salad is excellent.

At MGM, we're never fond of the choices and usually don't eat there.

Bluesky481
09-15-2007, 03:15 PM
First of all, I'm a vegetarian (DH is not), but these are some places we have found include a variety of options that go beyond just pizza a and burgers. I'm just giving my top CS pick for each park.

Magic Kingdom--Columbia Harbor House (in Liberty Square). DH usually gets some type of chicken or fish meal. I get the vegetarian chili. They also have different soups and salads.

Epcot--Our favorite here is Sunshine Seasons in The Land pavilion. Many sandwich options and more. Everything we've had tastes great especially when you want to stay clear of typical fast food. Of course, you could easily eat your way around the World Showcase by sampling a little something at each of the CS stations in the countries.

MGM--We usually grab snacks at MGM or stop by ABC Commisary. They have fish, burgers, some veggie dishes, and I believe they even have some sort of Chinese dish.

AK--Our favorite was also Tusker House, and I'm sad to say we're not sure what to do on our next vacation. Afraid we may have to make this our pizza/burger day:ack:

Hope you find some great places to eat while you're there...enjoy your trip!!!!:party:

Goofeygal
09-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Ours are

AK-Flame Tree BBQ
MK-Columbia Harbour House
MGM-Backlot Express
Epcot-Tangerine Cafe (Morocco)

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-15-2007, 03:55 PM
MK - Pecos Bills - BBQ sandwich is great

Epcot - Tangierine Cafe - we get the Shawarma platter. It is awesome

MGM - ABC Commissary - tabbouleh wrap or fish and chips

AK - Flame Tree - again more BBQ pork and they have 2 choices of BBQ sauce - this time I may have to try the St. Louis ribs though.

We try to do a little something different too other than just hamburgers and chicken fingers.

RockChalkKimball
09-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Here are our family's favorites:
MK - Cosmic Ray's - wide variety and entertainment and if you get a hamburger, the toppings bar is great!
AK - Flame tree BBQ - huge portions, enough to get a couple of entrees and share.
Studios - ABC Commisary - nice variety
EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons is nice, but I prefer to "eat around the world."

#1donaldfan
09-15-2007, 05:15 PM
MK = Columbia Harbor House
AK = Pizzafari
MGM = ABC Commissary
Epcot = Yorkshire Country Fish Shoppe

Jared
09-15-2007, 05:33 PM
The original poster is not the only person disappointed about Tusker House Restaurant closing. It was one of my favorite counter service restaurants.

Here are four viable substitutes:

Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbour House
Epcot: Sunshine Season Food Fair
Disney-MGM Studios: All are bad, but ABC Commissary is occasionally somewhat edible.
Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree Barbeque

:tasty:

BelleBeauty
09-15-2007, 05:56 PM
MK:
- Pecos Bill Cafe - great because of the fixin's bar, though I hear it is somewhat less than before
- Cosmic Ray's - great variety and wonderful entertainment while you eat
- Columbia Harbor House - not your standard burger and fries

Epcot:
- I love the pastisserie in France, you can get quiche and lots of yummy snacks there
- CS in China is great as well
- Cantina in Mexico has wonderful lagoon-side seating and margaritas :marg:

MGM:
- I don't typically like any of the CS orTS options in MGM, my suggestion is pay for the TS at Sci-Fi, burger and fry meals but in a better atmosphere.
- Otherwise, stop by the ABC Comissary or grab a turkey leg near the ToT

AK:
- We love Tusker House as well, but Pizzafari works just as well, with a little less selection.

Enjoy your trip! :mickey: