PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness lodge courtyard view

waymickey
09-15-2007, 10:45 AM
I am trying to book a stay at WL for 2008. I am wondering if the courtyard view always means you get a view of the lake or pool. I heard sometimes that you are in an inside room . I absolutely do not want an inside room. Any help? I have stayed at WL in the past but had a woods view.:mickey:

Pirate Granny
09-15-2007, 12:32 PM
It's kinda trickey...we had a courtyard view, but we were in the corner room and our balcony touched the one next to us at right angles...we really couldn't see anything...we were on the second floor...hummmm...we had another room overlooking the pool, however, the gentleman below us was smoking cigars and the smoke was too much for one of our party and we couldn't keep the door open, and the front desk refused to ask them to stop, so we had to move to the corner type room...

Personally a couple of years before we had a woods view...we were right above the children's drop off place, again on the second floor and it was quiet, even though they were just building the Villa's...and it actually was a much better view (Peaceful) than the room we paid extra for a 'view'....

I don't think there are any 'inside' rooms....everyroom has a balcony to the outside.

ENJOY...

:pirate:

SgtTigger
09-15-2007, 12:54 PM
They do not have Inside rooms at the Wilderness Lodge.

A courtyard room will overlook the lake, Pool, Falls, or creek. If you are low to the ground the view is more limited. I have had plenty of Court yard rooms and all have been nice even when we were over Artist Point. Yes, you did not look right out at the pool but it was still a great view......

The again I have had woods and standard view that were great.....

:cop: :tigger:

limegreenmonorail
09-18-2007, 12:15 AM
By inside room, do you mean the rooms that overlook the lobby? I wouldn't consider that a bad thing, if I were you. I stayed in a room overlooking the lobby, right above Whispering Canyon. You'd think it was unbearably loud, right? It wasn't. No noise problem whatsoever. Pretty good view out the window (we weren't in the room much, so I didn't pay much attention to the view...sorry). But it was SO CLOSE and convenient to the lobby, restaurants, parking lot, busses, elevators, shop..great location as far as I'm concerned.

Goes4FastPass
09-18-2007, 06:43 AM
Courtyard View means simply "Not Parking Lot".

At our last stay we were on the outside of the "V" - the side OPPOSITE the pool but facing the Villas. I called the front desk, "Is this courtyard view?" "Yes sir, it is."

waymickey
09-22-2007, 10:34 AM
I noticed on the website that standard is now more expensive then courtyard. I figured something was up and now I am more confused then ever. We always stayed at WL facing the Villas. this is a fine area but I don't know what it is considered, I always just booked standard rooms.:mickey:

Mousefever
09-22-2007, 12:57 PM
There is no way that a standard room is more expensive than a courtyard room. For example, I just priced out a 6 night, room-only stay in March of '08. I did this on the Disney website. A standard room view was $2341, a wood's view room was $2543, and a courtyard view was $2712. Is it possible that there was no standard room rate available during the dates you are looking at? Disney's website makes it a little confusing to price things out.

By the way, the easiest way to book a trip is through Magical Journeys, an Intercot sponsor. We used them for our last trip and they do a wonderful job of quickly answering questions and finding great discounts for you. They saved us $440 on our last trip! Submit your information to them and they can answer all your questions.

Welcome to Intercot!!!:mickey:

:dory:

mouseketeer mom
09-22-2007, 01:08 PM
We had a deluxe courtyard view. We were ground floor on the corner, so there wasn't really a view. As a matter of fact, there was a stone wall outside of our sliders and big bushy things, and nothing to be seen, even tho the lake was right beyond that. I have to say tho, the location was terrific. Right outside the doors was the pool, path to the boat, the lake for the electrical water pageant, but we did need to go outside to view anything.

waymickey
09-23-2007, 06:27 PM
This is from the website. No standard room listed just Standard club. Cheapest here is woods view. Am I missing something.
Woods View -$1,214.88
All rooms have two queen-size beds or one king-size bed, table and chairs, writing table, ceiling fan, private balcony or patio, vanity area with two sinks, and bath. Woods View Rooms offer a view of woodlands or the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Non-smoking and disabled-accessible rooms are available. Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, hairdryer, iron and ironing board. Mini-bar and refrigerator are available upon request.

Woods View Bunk Bed -$1,080.00
All rooms have one queen-size bed and one bunk bed, table and chairs, ceiling fan, private balcony or patio, vanity area with two sinks, and bath. Sleeps four. Non-smoking rooms are available. Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, coffee maker and refrigerator. Woods View Bunk Bed rooms offer a view of the woodlands or the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

Courtyard View -$989.92
All rooms have two queen-size beds or one king-size bed, table and chairs, writing table, ceiling fan, private balcony or patio, vanity area with two sinks, and bath. Courtyard View Rooms offer a view of the pool, a waterfall, or the lake. Non-smoking and disabled-accessible rooms are available. Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail and hairdryer. Iron and ironing board, coffeemaker, mini-bar and refrigerator are available upon request.

Courtyard View Bunk Bed -$720.00
All rooms have one queen-size bed and one bunk bed, table and chairs, ceiling fan, private balcony or patio, vanity area with two sinks, and bath. Sleeps four. Non-smoking rooms are available. Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, coffee maker and refrigerator. Woods View Bunk Bed rooms offer a view of the courtyard of the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge or the courtyard of the Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

Standard Room - Club Level Included
All rooms have one queen-size bed and one bunk bed, table and chairs, ceiling fan, private balcony or patio, vanity area with two sinks, and bath. Sleeps four. Non-smoking rooms are available. Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, coffee maker and refrigerator. The Standard rooms offer a view of the courtyard of the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge or the courtyard of the Disney's Wilderness Lodge or a woodlands view. The Old Faithful Club includes WDW Club Level services include advanced WDW Itinerary Planning service, personalized Front Desk and Concierge service, evening turndown service with chocolates, secured Key Access to Club Level floors, exclusive access to Club Level Lounge, complimentary Health Club Access, weekday newspaper delivery of USA Today, complimentary Fax Assistance, and an exclusive opportunity to book and experience Wildlife Discovery Excursion at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Deluxe Room - Club Level +$1,080.00

Mousefever
09-23-2007, 06:52 PM
What this information means is that there are no regular standard rooms available for your stay. "Standard Club Level" is referring to concierge service. The regular standard rooms must currently all be sold out during the time you want to stay.

:dory:

kim1st
09-23-2007, 08:30 PM
I don't know if I would pay the extra again for a courtyard view. We had a pool view, but all we could see was literally the pool. We spent so little time in our room, that the view really didn't make much of a difference in our stay. PLUS - my daughters were 2 1/2 and 4 (almost 5) and I was too much of a nervous Nellie to even let them out on the balcony.

Our location was reasonably convenient to get to the boat launch but really far away from the bus area. We might have done better with a woods view...or just booking a standard view and dealing with wherever they put us.

Have a great trip!

waymickey
09-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Thanks for all the info !! I think I figured it out now. Can't wait to go back probably will book the Woods view.:mickey2::mickey3: