09-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Cast of Characters:

Me: Julie
DH: Fred
DD: Morgan (6)
DD: Madison (5)

August 26-September 3

Port Orleans Riverside

After having breakfast in the Food Court (a first for us ever) we hopped the bus over to Animal Kingdom. It was packed. It was also the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, so it was to be expected. I had an agenda today, as I wanted to finish up some of the things we didn't accomplish the other day. First, over to Asia. We grab fastpasses for Everest and wait on line, as it was only 15 minutes at this point. Had a little time to kill before our next fastpass time, so Fred (good man) took the girls on Kali River. The man never gets soaked! I find it amazing. We do another round of Everest. This really is THE BEST COASTER I have ever been on. We all enjoy this!! As we are coming off the ride, I get a cell call from the head of transportation of Morgan and Madison's school confirming their new bus stop. She was working today, to make sure all the routes were ready for the first day of school on Tuesday. Yes, the vacation is coming to an end, and school starts. Reality check... After being a little bummed we move on...
We have a ice-cream break and grab fastpasses for the safari, then move over to the Tree of Life and Camp Minnie/Mickey. Enjoy another showing of It's Tough To Be a Bug, and Pocohontas and her friends. This really is a cute show and my girls love when the skunk comes out. Their a little skunk obsessed!
We are a little early for Festival of the Lion King, but Ryan the very friendly CM tells us to go on it and get a good seat. Ryan finds us and takes the girls to get the audience going by doing the hand jive. The girls are so into this. They go around and have fun. Ryan moved us to the front row for the show, awesome seats! He then asks the girls to participate in the show.:mickey:
A magical moment! The girls enjoyed every second of this. They are such hams. We all enjoyed the show very much.
After the show it is time for our Safari, back over to Africa. It is becoming very dark and ominous out, and windy, which was so welcome on this very hot day in AK. Our safari was great, due to the incoming storm. The animals were out in full force, including the Lion and Lioness which I think are soooo cool. After our safari it is starting to rain, hard, harder, harder and oh my. By this time we had made our way to the front of the park. The storm was crashing virtually on top of us. We were hovered underneath the enterance at the ticket machines. It was a little scary. The girls were crying, but there was just no moving with the lighting. We prayed for everyone's safety and hoped for the best. There were quite a few people hovering around us. When the storm let up a little were we could navigate we ran for the bus. We were totally soaked from head to toe, even with the ponchos. It was that heavy a rain. It was about 2pm, once back at the resort we changed and it was starting to clear up. Ran over to the Food Court (2 times today) and enjoyed a nice warm meal. :thumbsup: The food at the POR was very good.
Beings we were back at the resort, and it was clearing up.... could it be that I would get some pool R&R time? YES!! Lounge Chairs here I come! Enjoyed a lovely afternoon at the pool, and was sad that it was over.
We had a 6:30 ADR at Chef Mickey's our favorite. Got there right on time and was quickly seated. We always enjoy this meal so. All the usuals were on tonight. Mickey, Donald, Pluto, Minnie and Goofy. Food was delicious. Girls always enjoy the sundae bar. Fred enjoys the Prime Rib. I enjoy it all.
After a wonderful meal, we hit the Magic Kingdom. It's another 2 rounds of Splash ( I got SOAKED tonight, it seems to be the theme of today:mickey:) and Big Thunder. We also did Pirates, and Magic Carpets before making our way out of the park. Tomorrow is our last day in the parks and we will be spending most of it in the Magic Kingdom. We hit the bus at a good time and got back to the resort around 10pm.
Thanks for all your wonderful comments and reading my reports.
Julie:mickey:

iheartmickey
09-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Despite the storm it sounds like you all had a great day. DD would have been crying too. She hates lightning.

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

Beach Club Babe
09-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Sounds like another terrific day, Julie! I hate to break it you, but I'm another who doesn't ever get wet on Kali!;)

princessgirls
09-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Sounds like another terrific day, Julie! I hate to break it you, but I'm another who doesn't ever get wet on Kali!;)

:mickey:I suspect that with my luck I'd be drowned on my first trip on Kali (LOL)!!

Thanks Heather for reading and all of your nice comments.

Julie:mickey:

faline
09-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Sounds like a pretty scary storm! Glad you were able to get some pool and relaxation time in!