PDA

View Full Version : Airlines for Magical Express?

Sarabeth1600
09-14-2007, 09:15 PM
I will be flying to Disney World for my honeymoon in November and was wondering if I need to book with a certain airline to use Magical Express. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

Piglet822
09-14-2007, 09:48 PM
You don't have to book with a specific airline to use Magical Express.
You will need to make a reservation for the DME service. Shortly before your scheduled trip you'll receive a package in the mail with some bright yellow luggage tags.
You'll want to attach these tags to your luggage before checking it in at your home airport. When you arrive in Orlando your tagged luggage is pulled behind the scenes and transported to your hotel via truck. The luggage is delivered to your room later in the day and you don't need to be present to receive it.
On the return to MCO is when flying certain airlines can be advantageous to you. There are certain airlines that offer a remote check in service at the resort. The airlines currently offering this service are as follows:

Alaska Air
American
Continental
JetBlue
Delta
Northwest
Air Tran
United/Ted
US Airways is currently in a testing phase and should be added soon as a regularly participating airline.

The operating hours for the resort check in desk are 5 AM to 1 PM. You may check your luggage up to 12 hours prior to flight departure but no less than 3 hours.
If you are not flying one of the airlines offering remote check in simply be at the DME bus stop at your resort about 10 minutes before your scheduled departure time(you'l receive a confirmation letter with your departure time the day before you are scheduled to leave) with your luggage and the driver will load your bags in the luggage bay of the motor coach and return them to you upon arrival at MCO. You will take your bags to the 3rd level and check in with your air carrier as normal.

dml
09-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Hi neighbor! I'm from Metairie. I have flown Southwest and used the magical express three times and it has been great. I like the direct flights they offer. Southwest doesn't offer the check in from Disney resorts but I didn't find it to be any trouble. Once you get to the lobby the magical express loads your luggage on the bus for you, so the main issue is waiting to check in at the airport. Fortunately, I've never had a problem with the wait. Good luck and congrats!

:mickey::mickey:

Sarabeth1600
09-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the input! We would prefer to fly Southwest, as the plane tickets are a gift, and I don't want them to pay expensive airfare. However, I think having the option of checking my bags before we get to the airport will be much better, since we are planning on leaving as late as possible to fly back home to the real world!

Thanks to my Metairie neighbor for the info about Southwest!

faline
09-15-2007, 05:06 PM
If you're using Magical Express to get back to the airport, the time you leave to return to the airport won't be any different if you use a participating airline or a non-participating airline. You will still need to board your bus at your resort approximately three hours before your scheduled flight (four if you're flying internationally).