PDA

View Full Version : Not Quite the Whole Family Trip - Day 1

Gottaluvgoof
09-14-2007, 08:43 PM
September 7 - 12
All Star Sports
ADRs - Whispering Canyon, Boma, Crystal Palace, Le Cellier, 50s Primetime, Chef Mickey's

Starring:
Me - Jeanne 47, aka MOM
DD - Erin 14
DS - Kyle 11
Niece - Dana 22

Co-Stars (Nieces in their 30s)
Niece - Heather
Niece - Lori
Niece - Christy
Niece - Kate
Great Nephew - Christian 2
Great Niece - Ryan 1

September 7! It's FINALLY here! We are so excited. I wake up at 4:30 a.m. and wake the kids. We need to be at Dana's house at 5 to pick her up. Kyle was sick the day before :ill: and in the night, but claims to be better. I think his adrenaline is kicking in. I'm somewhat nervous about him but he seems to be fine. We get to the airport, where check in and security are pretty simple. We are at our gate and ready to go. Kyle wants to get in the A line for our Southwest flight. I tell him we'll be fine, because there are not many people at the gate. A man then proceeds to place his carry on bag in the front of the line. Kyle declares, "That ain't fair." :D He then decided we need to go get in the line. It's close enough to the flight, so we get in line. The flight leaves right in time and we arrive at MCO a few minutes early. We work our way down to the Magical Express line and breeze right through it. We head for the red carpet and the bus is there waiting for us. Holy Cow! This has been too easy. In no time we are on our way to All Star Sports. When we arrive, I head directly to the check in and the others go to the gift shop. Erin wants to buy a Pal Mickey. Check in goes very quickly and our room is ready. We go to check it out, and it is very nice. There is also a big towel animal in the shape of a Mickey! :mickey: We never had a towel animal before, so we are very excited and snap a quick picture. After a short time in the room, we are off to the Magic Kingdom. There is a bus sitting at the stop, so we hurry on. No wait! Amazing. When we arrive at the MK, Kyle and Erin decide they want to ride Splash first. After snapping numerous photos on Main Street, we head to Splash. No line! We walk all the way up to the top and immediately on a boat. We get pretty soaked, but oh well. Next ride, Big Thunder. Once again, no line. This is amazing. We go right up and we're on the second set of cars. It's raining now, so the rain is hitting us as we ride. When we get off, we decide to get something to eat. On our way to Pecos Bill's, it begins to pour down rain. We are pretty much soaked now. Grab a bite to eat and then it's off to Pirates. Again, no line. Over to Jungle Cruise and there is a boat sitting there. We hop on and ride. Never saw this one with no line before. Must be our lucky day. Tomorrowland is next. Kyle isn't quite ready to try Space Mountain, so Dana and Erin head there and Kyle and I go to the COP. I'll never be tired of that ride. Next was the People Mover, Buzz, and the Laugh Floor. The kids love the Laugh Floor. We decide we better get back and get some dry clothes for our ADR at Whispering Canyon. On our way out, we are approached by a CM. He asks if we want to be in the family fun parade. I had never seen that and my group was kind of freaked out at being pom pom girls, (Especially Kyle), so we decline. We continue to the front gate and I notice there is no line at the Barber Shop. I gave Kyle the option of getting his hair cut before we left or getting it cut on Main Street. He chose the latter, so I told him it was time. He wasn't exactly thrilled, but he did it. The only problem was at the end of the hair cut, the CM sprinkled confetti all over his hair. If looks could kill, I would have been in BIG trouble. The look on his face was priceless. After that, we headed to the bus and holy cow, we hopped right on one AGAIN! We are not believing this. We go back, clean up and then head back to the MK so we can catch a boat to Wilderness Lodge. The boat ride was really nice. We sat up front and took in all the scenery. Got to Whispering Canyon just in time for our ADR. It was fun and the food was good, even though none of us seemed very hungry. After dinner, we wanted to get back and get some rest. We head back to the boat and thought we would get back pretty early. Nobody told me the boat going back to the MK took the "3 hour tour" :D I don't know if it was because of the Electric Lights Water Parade or what, but we were on the water for an hour. I have to say, I was excited to see the water parade because I've never seen that before and this was my tenth trip. We finally got to the MK, then had to catch a bus. By the time we got back to our room, it was 11:00 p.m. We are all totally exhausted and everyone goes to bed. Tomorrow, Animal Kingdom!

WDW Dreamer
09-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Sounds like you had a magical day! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your vacation. Thanks for posting! :thumbsup:

iheartmickey
09-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Sounds like a fantastic first day! You really had great luck with you ... no waiting even for buses! You can send that 'no wait/no line' pixie dust my way! ;)

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

BronxTigger
09-15-2007, 12:04 PM
You had really good luck with the transportation. You got a lot accomplished despite the rain and it being a travel day. Thanks for sharing.

faline
09-15-2007, 07:24 PM
All those rides with no lines?! What a great start to your trip!

Bethis26fan
09-17-2007, 09:35 PM
sounds like a really great start to your trip.

realtreebar
09-19-2007, 12:33 AM
thanks for sharing!

gauvin4
09-19-2007, 07:50 AM
Sounds like a great beginning to your trip. Glad to hear Kyle was feeling better. Thanks for sharing.

Momof2boys
09-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Hoping the no waits today is a good sign for the rest of your trip. Your timing was perfect.

ChipnDaleGal
09-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Except for getting rained on, I don't know how that day could have been better. What great lines you had for rides!! Excellent first day! Thanks for sharing. :mickey: