PDA

View Full Version : Rosa Regale sparkling wine

Samtastic
09-14-2007, 05:32 PM
This deep red wine was mentioned in the "drinking around the world" column, and I'm very intrigued by it. Does the italy pavillion still offer it??? :wine:

mrsgaribaldi
09-14-2007, 05:37 PM
It's great:mickey: I think they always have it in the booth by Italy that has alcoholic drinks. I also once got it at a store in one of the resorts:thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-14-2007, 05:49 PM
We had it to round out our wine tasting offered in Italy. If you prefer more full bodied flavors, you may not care for it. It's very sweet and not on par with the dessert wines I normally enjoy, which are sweet but more complex. I do prefer dry in sparkling wines. But if you like sweet wine, not dry wine, or generally go for dessert wines, you'll love it.

And I really recommend doing a tasting in Italy, very fun and they have some good ones to offer.

Samtastic
09-14-2007, 05:56 PM
OOO I'm excited. I'm not into dry heavy wines. I like the fruitier ones--plus I love bubbles! My fav wine was up in Niagara wine country.

ElenitaB
09-16-2007, 01:07 PM
This has me intrigued and I'd like to pick it up for friends as a hostess present. But how did you pack it to get it home? :confused:

mrsgaribaldi
09-16-2007, 10:27 PM
This has me intrigued and I'd like to pick it up for friends as a hostess present. But how did you pack it to get it home? :confused:

It wasn't a full size bottle. We just packed it in a carry on. This was before the liquid restrictions on planes. I have bought it online for me. I'm going to see if I still have where I got it and I'll send you the info Ellen.:mickey:

Hammer
09-16-2007, 10:48 PM

Ellen, you very well may be able to buy Rosa Regale at a local liquor store. I 've found it a liquor store around my home.

mrsgaribaldi
09-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Ellen, you very well may be able to buy Rosa Regale at a local liquor store. I 've found it a liquor store around my home.

I couldn't find it by me, had to buy it online:mickey:

Hammer
09-17-2007, 12:32 AM
Well, next time there is a NYC meet, you just need to remind me and I'll get you both a couple of bottles :wine: ! I know of two liquor stores where I've seen it (remember we can't buy our wine at the grocery store here in NJ). Banfi Rosa Regale, right?

Medland
09-17-2007, 01:37 AM
When my hubby and I took home the Banfi Rosa Regale we wrapped it in a sweatshirt we had brought for the mildly chillier nights in October and packed it in our carry on. The next year with the new liquid restrictions we packed a bottle of wine in our checked luggage using the same method...we were worried about it breaking open, but in the end it held up.

Natazu
09-17-2007, 03:52 AM
When my hubby and I took home the Banfi Rosa Regale we wrapped it in a sweatshirt we had brought for the mildly chillier nights in October and packed it in our carry on. The next year with the new liquid restrictions we packed a bottle of wine in our checked luggage using the same method...we were worried about it breaking open, but in the end it held up.

LOL. I just had this vision of you and Dan wrapping a $45 bottle of wine in a dirty sweatshirt. "Whaddya think?"... "Looks good hun. You sure we shouldn't ship it?"... "Nah."

DisneyTeen
09-17-2007, 08:47 AM
I have found it in the New Hampshire State liquor stores as well.

4myprincesses
09-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Bought a bottle in Italy just last week. They now carry both the small and large bottles. I was thinking in the past they only had the smaller bottles. We have found it off and on in our area but Epcot seems to be the only place we can count on it being there every time!

tinkerbell04
09-17-2007, 06:02 PM
We can find it around here in the large bottles, but not the smaller ones. We picked up a few bottles of the smaller size when we were there in December. I saved them to put with my SIL's Christmas gifts, she loved them! We wrapped them up in a beach towel and put them with out checked luggage, no probelms!

Mufasa
09-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Rosa Regale certainly isn't the only choice when it comes to Brachetto d'Acqui, although it is fairly well distributed these days.

If you can find it, you might also like the Marenco "Pineto" or the "Braida" (Giacomo Bologna) which I think may be better examples of Brachetto.

If you enjoy those styles you may also enjoy Black Muscat- in which case Elysium from Quady Winery in California is an awesome choice (incredible paired with chocolate for dessert) and worth seeking out if you can find it in your area.

ldn324
09-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Just to add - Many PA state stores also carry Rosa Regale now.

Some friends of ours had heard us talk about how much we enjoyed it and they (even though they aren't WDW people) are the ones who found it. It's in the Italian wine section. A little cheaper than at WDW also.

Samtastic
09-18-2007, 10:47 AM
Does anyone from Jersey (shore) know any area places that sell it or those other mentioned??

mjaclyn
09-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Rosa Regale is my absolute FAVORITE!!!! I first tasted it at the F&WF but DH found it at a liquor store near our home so now I can enjoy it whenever I want!

Mufasa
09-18-2007, 05:34 PM
One place that I'm sure will carry Rosa Regale and the other examples of Brachetto d'Acqui that I listed that is located in the New Jersey/New York region is called "Wine Library" out of Springfield, NJ.

They have a website and will also ship to states where it's legal to ship wine (in the Northeast it's prohibited to ship wine to Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and Maryland if I remember correctly largely because with shipments they wouldn't be able to collect their state alcohol tax revenue).

Just do a google search for Wine Library and it should be the first listed result- if you have a chance to stop by the store it's pretty impressive for a wine shop- it's on 2 levels and if they don't have what you're looking for in stock you can fill out a form online and they'll get back to you if they can get it through their distributors.