PDA

View Full Version : Room numbers at Pop Century

2GOO-FEE
09-14-2007, 05:09 PM
I will try to explain this the best way that I can. My DH & I have stayed at Pop Century twice now and have requested the same room and have gotten it. I know it is not guarenteed but we want to request another room in the same building, however we do not know the room numbers. We stayed in the 50's on the third floor and now we would like to stay on the fourth. Can someone tell me the room numbers of the rooms that is facing east toward the parking lot? The rooms that are on the back side of the pool view. I know that the number begin with 24 but I am not sure which way they go.

I hope that I have explained it okay. If not please let me know.

Figment!
09-14-2007, 06:26 PM
... the 50's ... fourth [floor]... facing east toward the parking lot...

You may be best off simply requesting this.

If you request a specific room number or a small range of room numbers, the reservationist is not aware of why you choose those numbers. In the event that the room or that small set is not available, the reservationsit has no way of trying to assign you the room that most meets your needs.

If you request a room that meets a set of attributes and prioritize them, the reservationist can try their best to meet all of them; but if not possible, at least most of them in order of priority.

magicofdisney
09-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Pop's room number system goes like this. Room #1101 would be building 1, floor 1, room 01. If you remember the room number, then you should only need to change the floor number from 3 to 4. But along the lines of what Figment says, last year we requested a specific room number. It was unavailable, so they put us two floors up in those same rooms. We would have much preferred to stay on the first floor, but the room assigner had no clue because it was not set as a specific request. :mickey:

EDITED: I see that you don't know the room number. Looking at a building from the front, counting begins at the inside corner with room number 1. There are 12 rooms on either side of each arm. HTH.

Crow
09-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Ill b there in a wk! and im going to ask for the 50s middle building backside. top floor. great spot

Bringonthemouse!
09-16-2007, 08:17 AM
We stayed on the 4th floor with an excellent view of EPCOT. It was the 2nd room from the end (very little foot traffic).
It was room 2414, the room beside us on the very end was 2413, so the further towards the elevator you go, the numbers went up. I don't recall just how many rooms were on one wing but I hope this helps you.
We will be requesting this room again, it was very quiet and at night we pulled chairs out of our room to view Illuminations fireworks.

magicofdisney
09-16-2007, 07:01 PM
We stayed on the 4th floor with an excellent view of EPCOT. It was the 2nd room from the end (very little foot traffic).
It was room 2414, the room beside us on the very end was 2413, so the further towards the elevator you go, the numbers went up. I don't recall just how many rooms were on one wing but I hope this helps you.
We will be requesting this room again, it was very quiet and at night we pulled chairs out of our room to view Illuminations fireworks.
Starting at the center, the rooms go up in number to the end. Walk around the end of the building and they go up going towards the elevators. Back at the center they go up again to the end and wrap around going up back to the center. So, depending on which side, of which arm you're on, they may be going up or down, from the elevators. Got it now? :confused: ;) :mickey:

Bringonthemouse!
09-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Starting at the center, the rooms go up in number to the end. Walk around the end of the building and they go up going towards the elevators. Back at the center they go up again to the end and wrap around going up back to the center. So, depending on which side, of which arm you're on, they may be going up or down, from the elevators. Got it now? :confused: ;) :mickey:

Actually now that I think back, that's right. Please excuse my "duh" moment!

2GOO-FEE
09-17-2007, 06:06 PM

I sorry but I am trying to get the exact room number. If 2424 is near the elevators then would 2425 be just on the next arm and going up? If so, then twelve rooms would be next to the Bowling Pin Stairs?

Tink#64
09-18-2007, 12:04 AM
Would you by chance have any of your receipts from your last trip? If you charged anything to your room, or if you purchased something & had it sent back to Pop then your room number will be on the receipt. I always save that little resort map the CM gives you when you check in, they circle your building & write your room number on it. (This always ends up in the scrap book or photo album)

I've been in the same situation, also at Pop. Our first stay at Pop we loved the location so the next year we had to look back & find our room number to request it again. I was told that it will increase your chances if you call back the day before you arrive, by then your info will be at the resort, not just central reservations. We've requested the same room twice, never gotten it again, but we were able to get a room on the same floor of the same building, on the same side! We love the view. It's the 60's section, building 4, facing Hour Glass Lake. If we walk just to the end of the balcony, we have a great view of SSE & can see alot of IllumiNations on nights we get in early!

If nothing else, when you check in, you can explain where you previously stayed and ask if they can get you in the same area.

Good Luck!:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
09-18-2007, 09:58 AM
I sorry but I am trying to get the exact room number. If 2424 is near the elevators then would 2425 be just on the next arm and going up? If so, then twelve rooms would be next to the Bowling Pin Stairs?
Room 24 would be at the corner next to the elevators and room 25 would be on the next arm going up. At that end is room 36, then around the corner is room 37. Back at the elevators is room 48 then 49 on the next arm. At the end of 49's arm is room 60 and around that corner is 61. At the end of 61 (going back toward the elevators) is 72. HTH :mickey:

2GOO-FEE
09-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Room 24 would be at the corner next to the elevators and room 25 would be on the next arm going up. At that end is room 36, then around the corner is room 37. Back at the elevators is room 48 then 49 on the next arm. At the end of 49's arm is room 60 and around that corner is 61. At the end of 61 (going back toward the elevators) is 72. HTH :mickey:

Yes, that helped. Thanks everyone.