PDA

View Full Version : Treehouse Villa photos?

robyn221
09-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Where might I find pictures of the old Disney Institute Treehouse Villas? I've read a couple of items about them today, but I can't seem to find any pics.

Thanks!

Robyn:mickey:

AwPhooey
09-14-2007, 03:17 PM
I'd suggest searching Google for that exact phrase. When you're at the results page, click Images at the top to see only image results.

Darbylew
09-14-2007, 04:59 PM
If you take the boat from POR or POFQ then
you can see them and take pictures. They are
so cute and we see them all lit up during our
boat ride back from DTD. I hope you can find
the pictures. I think I will try to find them as
well. :mickey:

AvonleaCF
09-14-2007, 05:18 PM
Here's one I took on the boat from POR to Downtown:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd234/avonleacf_disney/IMG_0454.jpg

tiaramom
09-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Are these "tree houses" available to reg. guest?
Is it at Saratoga Springs Resort?

Maleficent's Dad
09-14-2007, 05:55 PM
If you know any golfers, :golf: they'll have an easy time as the treehouse villas line the fairways of LBV golf course.
I have some pics, but don't have them online (sorry! :blush:). If I ever put them online, I'll PM you with the link.

No longer available to regular guests. Were part of Disney Institute at one point (if memory serves...:confused:) and have been out of commission for years.
Read in a few places that they're used for storage now, and even housing for college program CM's, but I can't confirm either.

AvonleaCF
09-14-2007, 10:55 PM
They do indeed currently house international cast members working in the college program. Every single time I took the boat from POR to Downtown they all said the same thing. And at night you could see lights on.

They could no longer be used for the public because they don't comply with current handicaped guidelines.

TheRustyScupper
09-15-2007, 12:26 AM

1) No public access to tree houses or grounds.
2) As mentioned, they house college program kids.
3) The grounds frequently get used for OKW/SSR CM parties or picnics.

robyn221
09-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks, Avonlea, for the link. I also found a link to some pics on another WDW site, but the link was down. They are working to get it back up. I'll post when it's back up.

MNNHFLTX
09-16-2007, 12:30 PM
A moderator request, please--a direct link to a photo on a picture-sharing website such as Photobucket and Webshots is okay to post on INTERCOT, but links to other WDW information websites are not. This is due to the fact that other WDW websites may not follow the same family-friendly policies as INTERCOT. Also, out of respect for our sponsors, we do not publically want to direct members to another website with competing advertisers.

Remember that members that can use the PM feature to share information and pictures with each other on a one-to-one basis.:mickey:

rnin02
09-16-2007, 04:41 PM
I took a couple of what I think are good pictures on our recent trip. Here you guys go:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rnin02/TreehouseVillas

Also, our boat driver said they were now being used to house students from the College program.

robyn221
09-17-2007, 04:08 PM
The webpage for the Treehouse Villas at the other site is back up and running, but the pics are very similar to those that others have already shared.They do show a bit more detail since these were taken when the Treehouse Villas were still open to the public. If you'd like to see them, please PM me and I will send you the URL.

DrivingSideways
09-20-2007, 12:25 PM
I hope this isn't against the Terms of Service, but if you go to YouTube, there are several videos that the more recent residents (International CPs) have made and posted.

robyn221
09-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Thanks!

There were some interesting videos posted of international CMs giving video tours of their villas. The downstairs bed and bathroom were my favorite.