PDA

View Full Version : Best Resort for Honeymooners?

DWFaNaTiC
09-14-2007, 03:13 PM
My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for next February, and we don't know which resort to stay in. We have previously stayed at Pop Century, but we would like to do something nicer and different for our honeymoon. We are thinking of either the Carribbean Beach Resort or the Polynesian. The Carribbean is much more in our price range, but if the Polynesian is really that much better, we want to stay there. Is Polynesian really worth the money or is Carribbean the better way to go? Or are there any other resorts that you recommend?

Thanks!

pogo
09-14-2007, 03:20 PM
We stayed at CBR for our honeymoon and then took a three day cruise. ( Seven day Land & Sea package. ) :cloud9:

The only thing I would have done differently would be to make it a two week trip. :yes:

Since then, we've stayed at the Poly and liked that too. :thumbsup:

Good luck and happy planning. :D

#1donaldfan
09-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Why not look into a Moderate??? We love POR...it's very laid back, quiet.....I think back many, many years and that would have been a great place to honeymoon....go back to the main page on intercot and look it up......I think you may be pleasantly surprised.....plus you'll save a lot of $$$$$ to shop with....

MidnTPK
09-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Of course the Poly is nicer and has more service and exotic feel. So if you can swing it, that's what you should do.

Reasons:
1. On a Honeymoon, it might be nice to get room service a few mornings. That's not an option at CBR.
2. Being on the monorail means easier transportation between MK and Epcot.
3. More table service options at the Poly for romantic meals.
4. An free upgrade at the Poly for your honeymoon might mean a MK view...or a suite! At the CBR, the best you can get is a pool view.
5. A romantic evening on the beach watching Wishes with a glass of champagne (or fruity tropical drink).

Alternatively, you might look into the Swan & Dolphin. You can generally get a good deal there and have the same level of service as a deluxe.

And there's nothing wrong with the CBR. I've stayed there and enjoyed it. It's just not a deluxe. And your honeymoon is a once in a lifetime event (hopefully) so making it as special as possible is a good thing, so splurge!.... so long as it doesn't put you into debt for the rest of your life.

brownie
09-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Of your choices, I'd pick the Polynesian. You should splurge a little for your honeymoon. Of course, my personal pick would be the Beach Club.

Scotcelebrity
09-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Congratulations! Actually my fiance and I are headed off to our Disney Honeymoon in 2 weeks! We were originally going to Jamaica and had it booked and everything but a couple months ago decided that the beach would not be as memorable as Disney! Our ideal resort was the Poly but we decided that we would rather stay at a moderate and use the extra $ for things to bring home and have some very nice dinners. This led us to decide between POR and CBR. After ALOT of researching we decided on POR since it seems more romantic. CBR looks very nice too, our thing was that we didn't want to go from all of the big bright and loud parks right back to a big bright and loud resort. I think you should ckeck out POR...plus there have been tons of raves for it on here!

Good luck and congrats again!

dephenn
09-14-2007, 06:49 PM
As mentioned already, for a honeymoon if you decide moderate I would choose POR. If you have your heart set on slurging then go with the Poly, maybe you'll make up the difference from your wedding. Either way it will be a special time in both your lives. Best wishes.

SBETigg
09-14-2007, 07:01 PM
I really think it depends on your tastes and budget. The Polynesian is indeed very nice and worth every penny. However, it's not as much fun if you're short on cash for meals, souvenirs, and experiences. I have nothing but fond memories of my Grand Floridian honeymoon and it was worth every penny-- but we did come home pretty broke (really broke) and it was foolish to overextend at that time in our lives, in retrospect. Back then, they didn't have all the moderate options they have now.

I would consider Port Orleans French Quarter. It's smaller in size, convenient to get around, they have a hot tub, and it's an easy pick-up with the buses, and convenient to Downtown Disney. But since you are from New Orleans, you may prefer Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans Riverside. Whatever you choose, you will have a wonderful time and you won't regret your choice for a minute. Enjoy the planning! Congratulations and best wishes to you both.

DWFaNaTiC
09-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks everybody for your advice! I think I'm leaning towards Poly b/c watching Wishes from the beach sounds amazing and so romantic. Both of us love the idea of a carribbean/tropical theme, plus we are from New Orleans, which is why we didn't put that much thought into POR or POFQ, although I would love to check them out eventually. I will let you know what we decide!!

TFrauts
09-17-2007, 12:45 AM
My husband..(still feels strange saying that!!) and I 'disneymooned' in August!! We stayed at OKW! We really wish we would have chosen the boardwalk!! We went there for an evening, and it was so romantic!! I think staying there would be soooo neat! I haven't actually stayed there, but we will definitely be staying there next time we go! By the way...congratulations!
If you kow someone who is a DVC member, they can get you a great rate!

SpecJoe Magic
09-17-2007, 01:15 AM
I really think it depends on your tastes and budget. The Polynesian is indeed very nice and worth every penny. However, it's not as much fun if you're short on cash for meals, souvenirs, and experiences. I have nothing but fond memories of my Grand Floridian honeymoon and it was worth every penny-- but we did come home pretty broke (really broke) and it was foolish to overextend at that time in our lives, in retrospect. Back then, they didn't have all the moderate options they have now.

I agree with SBETigg. My wife and I stayed at the Beach Club as part of a land/sea package on a Disney Cruise, and while it was very nice, it was on the expensive side. We could still have gone on the cruise and stayed at a moderate resort, which would still have provided us with a wonderful honeymoon while saving us money in the process that could have been used for life after the honeymoon. Granted, we have been in good financial shape since our honey moon that was almost two years ago, but I honestly believe that the Beach Club didn't really make our trip that much better. The biggest plus for us was having a room with a veranda on the cruise ship as part of the deluxe resort package but since you're not going on a cruise, that's not a consideration for you. If it's going to stress you both out to spend the extra money on deluxe accomodations, then don't do it. It's only worth it if you both feel completely comfortable with spending the extra money. There are a few perks that come with deluxe accomodations, but it's not really that much better than moderate accomodation, especially considering the price difference. Staying at a deluxe resort is wonderful if you can easily afford it, but staying anywhere on property is great because you'll be at WDW with your new spouse and that's the main thing.

Have you considered either Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge? They are both less expensive than all of the other deluxe resorts, and they still provide you with the deluxe resort perks and atmosphere.

Bass T-bone
09-17-2007, 04:45 PM
If you can afford it, the Poly is the way to go. Of course I might be a little bias in that. That's where we stayed on our honeymoon...

:number1: :thumbsup:

krorx
09-17-2007, 05:45 PM
If you can swing it, the Poly is the place to be. It's tropical, romantic and oh so nice. :cloud9:

Tinkerbell627
09-17-2007, 06:39 PM
First of all, congratulations!!

It's your honeymoon. You guys deserve to splurge. I'd say Poly. Romantic walks on the beach, room service, fireworks. Everything you'd ever want for a romantic trip is there.

Enjoy! :mickey:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Congratulations!!!!! Any deluxe hotel is worth the money for your honeymoon. My husband and I stayed at the Contemporary in 1997 for our honeymoon, tower view looking at Cinderellas castle, very nice hotel. We also enjoy the Wilderness Lodge. The Polynesian and Grand Flo would be a nice pick as well. You can't go wrong with any of them, happy picking and again enjoy the honeymoon.:congrats:

jsdt
09-17-2007, 09:48 PM
I like the earlier comment about considering the Swan/Dolphin. They often have deals and if you can stay there they are very nice hotels and the location is outstanding (walk right to EPCOT, walk the Boardwalk, walk to MGM).