PDA

View Full Version : Checking in Before Midnight vs Before Midnight

KatGat
09-14-2007, 02:21 PM
I have reservations for 5 nights beginning on a Monday at Pop. Not sure if we will make it in before midnight on Monday or slightly after. Will my reservation be purged as a no-show if I show up 15 minutes after midnight (or will they just let me check in and pay for that night)? Or, if I arrive at 11:59 pm on Monday, will still have my room for me? Any advice? Thanks

hnybear22
09-14-2007, 02:28 PM
I would call and let them know at Pop that you will be arriving late-sorry I dont have the number/
We have a pkg starting on the 22nd but DH was able to get off work for us to be able to leave and arrive on the 21st (10 hr drive after DD gets out of school at 3)
I called and made a room only for the 21st and told the res. clerk we would be arriving probably around 2-3 am. He said we had until 11am the next day to actually check in.
I would think this would be the same for a pkg but I would make sure that they note it in you ressie.

Have a great time:mickey:

Seasonscraps
09-14-2007, 02:29 PM
I would have your reservation noted for the very late arrival.

Darbylew
09-14-2007, 05:01 PM
You have paid your deposit for one night for
sure so they won't give it away. When we are
going to be late then we let them know ahead
of time. We have checked as late as one in the
morning. :mickey:

CleveRocks
09-14-2007, 06:18 PM
At WDW resorts, you wouldn't be considered a no-show until 6:00 a.m. the following morning. You can call and tell them you'll be checking in late if that makes you feel better, but rest assured that it's completely unnecesary and you'd be doing it ONLY to make yourself feel better.

Disney doesn't need to be notified if you'll be showing up late. As long as you show up by 5:59 a.m. on the day following your arrival day, you'll be fine.

TheRustyScupper
09-15-2007, 12:35 AM
Here is how it works:

1) You paid for at least one-night's stay.
2) The ressie remains.
3) If before approx 2:00am
. . . check-in as usual
. . . there is no difference before or after Midnight
4) If after approx 2:00am
. . . computers go down nightly at 2:00am until 3:30am-4:00am
. . . the CM's will have printed keys for you prior
. . . go to Front Desk and sign-in
. . . you will leave a paper-imprint of the credit card
. . . you will be given keys

NOTE: The keys get printed, since the computers are down. If you want charging on room key, you need to return to the Front Desk and re-process the keys.

CleveRocks
09-15-2007, 06:39 PM
. . . you will leave a paper-imprint of the credit cardCould you please explain what this means ... I've never seen this before and am curious what it is.

THANKS!

TheRustyScupper
09-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Could you please explain what this means ... I've never seen this before and am curious what it is.

1) This is from "the old days".
2) You used to imprint the card on carbon-type paper.
3) You kept one copy and the merchant kept two.
4) One paper was then taken to the bank for cashing.
5) Only us "old fogies" remember such a system.
6) Now, it is only used as a backup when computers go down.

DebC
09-16-2007, 10:45 AM
On most of out trips, we've checked in late at night, mostly after midnight.

We've never had a concern or inconvenience, with the exception of having to check in at the front desk as the concierge staff had went home for the day.

I personally like late night check ins, less people there and you always get great personalization attention.

I'd have it noted on the reservation, but would not worry about it. Have a lovely trip.

Deb

CleveRocks
09-16-2007, 01:56 PM
1) This is from "the old days".
2) You used to imprint the card on carbon-type paper.
3) You kept one copy and the merchant kept two.
4) One paper was then taken to the bank for cashing.
5) Only us "old fogies" remember such a system.
6) Now, it is only used as a backup when computers go down.Thanks for the explanation. I'm still unclear what you're referring to, however, as WDW resorts don't ask you to leave a credit card imprint on-file for incidentals or anything like that. You can check-in and check-out of a WDW resort totally plastic-free and without the need for any sort of deposit. Of course, room charge is a different story.