PDA

View Full Version : check in at Pop

septembergirl
09-14-2007, 11:37 AM
I have heard that Pop's check in process can be lengthy. How is it BEFORE noon?

disneymom15
09-14-2007, 12:33 PM
We've stayed there many times. Check in for us has varied between 5 to 20 minutes. We've arrived at all hours of the day.

BugeyedMuggy
09-14-2007, 12:38 PM
We have always arrived about 11:00 and check in is a bit quicker on a week day than a Fri or Sat but never more than 15 mins. We grab out keys and off we go.

thrillme
09-14-2007, 12:43 PM
We got there about 2:00 and walked right up to the counter.

The only time I had a bit of a wait was actually at the Value Movies. I have no idea what was taking so long but I think there was a group checking in at the same time and there was some "problem". Maybe they wanted all the rooms together and they couldn't get it or something.

caryrae
09-14-2007, 01:42 PM
I guess it depends on what time of year and what time of day. We stayed at POP last Sept and were waited in line for over an hour. If it were for a different hotel anywhere else I would have been upset but just knowing I am in WDW checking into a Disney Resort helps make it not so bad.

wendy*darling
09-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Another factor is if you are taking Disney's Magical Express and a bunch of families all get off together- or, even if you are not on the bus, if one arrives right before you, there will be a longer line.

This occurs all throughout the day and evening and at every resort. One resort is not necessarily worse than another.

But I don't think you should worry about how much time it will take- it's not all that much at any time of day- and besides- you're on vacation! :mickey:

karenrarintogo
09-19-2007, 08:35 PM
We checked in at Pop lastFriday at 11 AM and lines were minimal. We waited less than 5 minutes.:cloud9:

LoriMistress
09-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Do you think arriving at POP on a Saturday (Dec 8th) around 8am would be long lines?

TheRustyScupper
09-20-2007, 10:55 AM
1) The check-in wait at Values can be 5-min.
2) The check-in wait at Values can be 60-min.
3) All depends upon time of day and arrival of DME buses.
4) I would plan for a 20-40 minute wait.

NOTE: Three of the 999 ghosts at Haunted Mansion used to be folks waiting in line at Values to check-in during peak times.

SandmanGStefani24
09-22-2007, 12:12 PM
we hit the front desk at POP in mid-July, about 11:45 or so. The line was about a mile long, but the CMs were very quick and the line moved quickly. We were in line about 20 minutes or so, and even though check-in was quick, it was very thorough and we got all the info we needed. I'd say 20-25 minutes is normal, but at least the decor is neat to look at while waiting!

Joy2theworld
09-22-2007, 12:58 PM
We checked in the Friday before Labor Day and used Magical Express. The whole process took about 5 minutes. It was about 10:45 AM.

bigbabyblues
09-22-2007, 02:53 PM
We arrived right around 11:00 on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend in May. DH got out of the car right in front and went to "get in line" to check in. By the time I parked the car and we were walking in the door, he was finished and walking back out. I was surprised, there were people EVERYWHERE around the lobby, he guessed they were waiting for an ME bus or their rooms.

Vinny
09-22-2007, 03:48 PM
We have stayed there several times and will be going twice more for future trips. We usually arrive in the lobby about 11:30AM to check in, get a quick lunch and head to the parks. In all of the times we have been to POP, check in has only taken about 10-15 minutes.

LizLovesDiz
09-23-2007, 12:27 AM
We have been there and walked right up ,and we have waited other times about 10 minutes,never any more then that ! :mickey:

Bringonthemouse!
09-23-2007, 08:30 AM
NOTE: Three of the 999 ghosts at Haunted Mansion used to be folks waiting in line at Values to check-in during peak times.

That's hilarious!! :funny:

AllDisney
09-23-2007, 02:56 PM
We were at POP Labor Day week. Our flight arrived at 9:10AM. We used ME. We we UNPACKED and heading to MGM at 10:45AM. You can't beat that turn over time at all:thumbsup:

May524
09-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Wow I'm a bit nervous now for our upcoming trip! I've never dealt with crazy checkin times in disney as a guest. However, I did when I worked front desk on my college program. Anyway, we are heading to POP the Fridy after Thanksgiving and are arriving by DME and should be there by 4. I'll be about 6 months pregnant, so the hubby can check in while I sit there. :cloud9:

Von-Drake
09-27-2007, 10:55 AM
We checked in at POP this past August. Arrived at about 9:45 on a Friday night and spent about 20-25 minutes in line. Not too bad. When we stayed at the All Star Sports it took about an hour... but that is a whole other story in itself. The times we stayed the Contemporary or Shades of Green the wait was never more than 5 minutes. Enjoy your trip!

MsMin
09-27-2007, 11:33 AM
I was amazed at how fast they checked us in on our first visit.
We were 1st nighters there in Dec.2003 and I realized that all 2250 rooms that were available at that time were checking in the same day. Imagine the logistics of that feat!
We got there early (6:30 a.m. )I had asked in advance b/c of the crowds I expected and they said to come @ 7a.m. :blush: We didn't have a wait obviously but they did manage the crowds very efficiently. I was impressed with the staff.
Hope your check in goes smoothly. I've never had to wait long and we've been there 3x's. You could be waiting in the lobby or waiting for a bus but somewhere you know you're @ WDW and you will have to wait a little while.
Have a great trip.
We leave in 11 days!!! I do miss the pop and Christmas time

Eeyore's My Favorite
09-27-2007, 11:00 PM
We just got back from 3 days at POP & check in was a breeze - got there about 11am. Athena was our CM & she was great. Got us into our room in less than 10 minutes. To me resort wasn't packed at all compared to our visit 2 years ago. Hippy Dippy Pool was practically empty every time we went in to cool off.

No worries.......enjoy your magical trip!
:mickey:

kadesha
09-27-2007, 11:07 PM
I went in May. I checked in at 8 am and was sent away with a number to call to see when my room was ready. I was extremely tired as I had been driving all night, and my room wasn't ready until 2 pm.