PDA

View Full Version : Good News

ShelbyAD
09-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Hello. As some of you know we have been having problems with one of my DSD.

Finally there is good news in the family (not with the DSD mentioned above).

My other DSD who is 12 yrs old - has been invited by Duke University to take SATs. There is an exam that students in TN take once a year (TCAP). She is in the top 95%. She will be taking the SATs with Seniors in HS.

WOW, that is amazing!!!! It's part of a "case study" it's called "Future Stars". We are very proud of her!! :D

faline
09-14-2007, 09:09 AM
You have every right to be proud of such a wonderful accomplishment! :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
09-14-2007, 09:26 AM
That is so cool! Congratulations to her! :thumbsup:

chechas
09-14-2007, 10:11 AM
I am glad you posted this! I got a letter on that program just yesterday for my 12-yeard old daughter to take either the ACT or SAT in December! We live in FLorida though but it was from the DUke program called Duke TiP (Talent identification Program). So congrats to both our girls!

pdrlkr
09-14-2007, 10:18 AM
:congrats:

What is DSD! :blush:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
09-14-2007, 10:35 AM
I am glad you posted this! I got a letter on that program just yesterday for my 12-yeard old daughter to take either the ACT or SAT in December! We live in FLorida though but it was from the DUke program called Duke TiP (Talent identification Program). So congrats to both our girls!

I did that when I was in 7th grade... it is really neat to see how well you do... (not to brag, but I was in the 87th percentile--at 12, out of juniors and seniors in HS... yay me! lol) I hope they continue to do it--they offer a lot of scholarships as a result of your scores and it is fun to do.

RedSoxFan
09-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Congrats. DS#1 did that at age 12 through John Hopkins University.:thumbsup:

mickey&missy
09-14-2007, 12:12 PM
WOW! You guys must be so proud! Good luck to her!!

ShelbyAD
09-15-2007, 09:23 AM
What is DSD!
Darling Step Daughter

WOW, I didn't know that this has been going on for so many years. This is cool. I hope she does well.

Congrats to all the other students who have taken it. Good Luck to the ones who are going to take it.

We must post results when they come in.