PDA

View Full Version : Mom&Daughter Only -Live with pics- Day 4

tbelle's dghtr
09-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Cast: Me - 23 - Disney Lover
Mom - says she’s still 25 - Disney Enthusiast

All Star Movies 9/10 - 9/15
Hopper Pass with FREE dining!

Hey everyone! It’s been a long day… no break for us today, just all day out and about. Here’s what we did: We had a wake up call at 8am, got ready and caught a bus to the Magic Kingdom about 8:45. Once in the MK, we headed straight for the newly refurbished Haunted Mansion! Ooooh we were so excited. There was a 30 min wait… I took some pics of the queue… never seen that kind of line at HM before. Ok, warning: SPOILER ALERT in white print: **** We found lots of new things and even more re-done/updated things. In the stretching room, the voice is the same, but it’s surround sound now, it sounds like he is floating around the room. We think that the screen on the ceiling as well as the hanging skeleton are updated. There are several new scenes that we noticed, including some upside down stairs with ghost footprints, and an attic bride which was awesome. Everything looked ’fresh’ (for something that is supposed to look old, lol), and everything smelled new. The ghosts in the dining room looked updated, and the dancing ghosts looked more vibrant. Madame Leota is different. Same voice, but she’s floating in her glass ball with an updated face. **** All in all, we really liked it, and thought that Disney did a great job!

After HM, we took our time, seeing and doing, including Country Bears, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain - which is up and running again, and we saw Woody’s Round-Up… which was so cute. Around lunchtime, we tried to get a table at Liberty Tree, no luck… then Crystal Palace, no luck… so we wound up at Casey’s Corner, always delish. Later on in the day we had a dole ship float… wow, this was refreshing. At about 12:30, we headed out of MK and took the boat to the TTC, then a bus to MGM where I rode Tower of Terror - Mom sat this one out. Stand by was only 10 mins!!! What a difference from crowded MK. We did a little shopping and then watched the Hollywood city workers Street Performers. They were great, really funny. At 3:45, we were in Beauty and the Beast, with great seats. This show is beautiful, so colorful with great costumes. After watching belle and beast fall in love, we did something new. We took a bus to Old Key West Resort, and then took a boat to Downtown Disney. This boat ride was very nice and relaxing, and by the time we got to downtown disney, the clouds were threatening and there was a gorgeous rainbow, check out the pics. In downtown disney, we shopped and shopped and shopped. We were having trouble carrying all of our packages, lol! At about 8:40, we checked in to Wolfgang Puck’s for 9pm reservations. We were seated shortly after, and started with Barbeque Chicken Quesadilla and 5 cheese and artichoke dip. Both were awesome! For entrees, Mom had Macadamia crusted chicken over mashed potatoes, I had the meatloaf with onion straws and garlic mashed potatoes. Again, both were great! However, we were stuffed, so we got our desserts to-go. Mom ordered the apple bread pudding, I ordered the carrot cake. We were exhausted by this point (and full, and sun-burned), so we actually hailed a cab and went back to the hotel room. Totally worth the $$. From Downtown Disney West Side to ASMovies was $13.70, I think. WORTH every dime!! J We were back in the room by 10pm, changed and went for a dip in the pool. Kind of crowded, but the temperature was perfect. After this, we filled our mugs and came back to the room to enjoy our desserts. Now, we’re getting ready for bed. Stay tuned for tomorrow: Sleeping in a bit, then Epcot before Mickey’s No So Scary Halloween Party!! SO excited.

For pics from today, visit: http://picasaweb.google.com/curlygirl1205/WDW07Day4

faline
09-14-2007, 05:31 AM
I can't wait to see the changes to the Haunted Mansion! Thanks for the review!

What a full and fun day you both had!

iheartmickey
09-14-2007, 06:11 AM
What a fantastic day! I can't believe you got to ride HM! I can't wait to see it myself!

Thanks for the report and pictures! :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
09-14-2007, 06:15 AM
Love your reports and the pics. Thanks for the "live updates!"

Sounds like the HM is improved.
Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

Christine
09-14-2007, 09:25 AM
I really appreciate your live reports! It has been a wonderful way to start my day this week!

Your pictures are so crisp and bright!

I am glad HM was refurbed so well...can't wait to see it next month!

T-BelleSis
09-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Another Magical Day for you two! I'm so jealous you got to see HM. We were a week off. What a fun day, you are getting to do so many things you haven't done before. The pics are so good and colorful Joey, seems like I'm right there :mickey:oh, I wish, I wish I was!:pixie:Have fun tonite!

disneycouple2004
09-14-2007, 01:07 PM
thanks for sharing ..very nice :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
09-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Sounds like a really great day.

BronxTigger
09-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks for sharing. You are really getting some great photos. How did you get those photos of the castle and statues without any people in them?

ktflisa
09-14-2007, 04:37 PM
thank you for posting these live reports! DH and I got in last night, staying off property til tomorrow, but we have tickets to the Halloween party tonight! Maybe we will see you there :-)

January-2007
09-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the trip report.

ElenitaB
09-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks so much for taking time out of your vacation to post your reports. Your dinner at WPC sounds amazing! I hope to eat there one of these days.

Pocahontas
09-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the reports. Sounds like your having a great time. I can't wait to see the changes at the HM (I didn't read the spoiler. I'll wait until my February trip). Great pics!

SBETigg
09-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Great pictures! Sounds like you're having an amazing time. And, ooh, you got to see the new HM! Thanks for the report.

#1disneyfan
09-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks again for the great pics and report. Can't wait to see the refurb HM myself! And again the food sounded great and never ate there either, maybe another to add to the list. Going to read on now!

ChipnDaleGal
09-19-2007, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the scoop on the new updates at the Haunted Mansion. I can't wait to see for myself next month. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

DizNee143
09-19-2007, 03:56 PM
yay!! i cant wait to see HM..thanx for giving a little bit of an update on it!!
another great day for you and your mom!! dinner sounded very yummy!! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
09-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Love your pix, another great day. Thanks for the info on HM. I can't wait for another 85 days. I want to be there NOW!!