09-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Cast of Characters:

Me: Julie
DH: Fred
DD: Morgan (6)
DD: Madison (5)

August 26-September 3

Port Orleans Riverside

We get up and out relatively early for us. The body is hurting today. A few Advils, and I'm a new woman! We head over to the studios and finish up our stuff over there. It's not too crowded, and we make our way over to get Fast Passes for Rock n Rollercoater. Tower of Terror only has a 15 minute wait so we go right on. Maddie is so funny on this ride. She doesn't know what to make of it. I don't think she likes it, but she doesn't want to miss out on it either. Morgan loves this ride. We caught an entire showing of Beauty and the Beast. We all enjoyed the show. It was now time for our Fastpass at Rockin' Rollercoaster. In the beginning of the week, Maddie was just a little shy of the height requirement in her crocks, but today she has her wedge flip-flops on, she was in!! She was the happiest five year old in MGM!! We got the front row!! Maddie loved it! After the ride, Fred got one of those fun hats with the hair hanging out of the back (back to the big hair days of the 80's). We all had a few laughs from that! We did one more round of RnR and ToT before making our way to the other side of the park for the High School Musical Pep Rally. We had a great spot and the girls got right into the action. We hit Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Playhouse while over here. The GMR was a 60 minute wait, as the rain clouds are moving in now, we decide to get a bite to eat at the ABC commissary. Good food here. While eating there was a big thunder storm, but we were nice and dry inside, as was our stroller, which is a bonus! After our lunch the rain let up and we hit a few more attractions. Star Wars, Muppets 3-D, and caught the Stars and Cars Parade (my favorite).
I enjoy MGM. It's easy to get around and they have some really cute shops. Oh, Maddie and her shops... her favorite is in this park. You know the great princess shop as you exit Voyage of the Little Mermaid...after finally making a purchase, we literaly had to drag Maddie away. Morgan wasn't as interested in the shopping, she had Rock n Rollercoaster on the brain:mickey:
We decided to skip The Stunt show this trip, as we had seen it in May, and hung out in the annimation theater for a while. They had some cool stuff in there and Ratatouee. The girls loved that movie and they were excited to see him.
It was getting close to our time to leave MGM for our dinner ADR over at Epcot, and off we went over to the boat launch. We had never riden the boat over to Epcot before. Also a first, we had never seen the hotels over there. Beach & Yacht looks beautiful and the Boardwalk did remind me a little of the Jersey Shore (a lot nicer version ). The jury is still out on the Swan and Dolphin. My only pet peeve about the boat is the amount of stops it has to make. It was sooo slow! We are boaters and Fred just wanted to jump out of his seat and get moving! We could have made better time walking and that's saying a lot.
We made it over to The Coral Reef in no time for our dinner ADR. I had never eaten here before, and we all really enjoyed it. There were divers in the tank while we were eating and one had a laminated sign that read "Fish are Friends, Not Food.":thumbsup: I ordered the steak. Fred had the Mahi Mahi, and the girls had either the chicken or pizza. Dessert was great. Fred had the Jack Daniels Whiskey dessert and I had the cheesecake. It was the ice-cream sundae for the kids. All was very good.
After our meal, we hung out in the seas for a while. We checked on the Manatee, and dolphins, and did another round of Nemo and Crush. Girls did a Kidcot craft. Made our way over to Test Track and we all did this another time. It was EMH here tonight, so we were able to do a few more attractions. I caught illuminations while Fred took the girls back on Space. Did one more round of Test Track and then made our way to the bus. We had such a fun day. Until our adventure tomorrow... Thanks for reading.
Julie:mickey:

faline
09-14-2007, 05:28 AM
Madison sounds like she's a bit of a daredevil! I don't think I would ever have gotten my daughter on a roller coaster at that age!

Your family is having so much fun!

Beach Club Babe
09-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Sounds like a fun day for all! Maddie must be pretty tall, my short Ashleigh had to wait until she was 8 to ride RNRC!

tinkerbell04
09-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Sounds like a fun day for all! Maddie must be pretty tall, my short Ashleigh had to wait until she was 8 to ride RNRC!

I was thinking the same thing! my DD, 5, is a shortty, (like her mommy:blush:) I am glad that your trip is going so well.

princessgirls
09-14-2007, 05:47 PM
I was thinking the same thing! my DD, 5, is a shortty, (like her mommy:blush:) I am glad that your trip is going so well.

Both my girls are on the tall side which they get from Fred who is 6'5". They are tall and thin, which is better than me, short and well....

Julie:mickey:

princessgirls
09-14-2007, 05:50 PM

Poor Ashleigh. Maddie is about 47 1/2 inches without those wedge flip-flops. Morgan is about 56".
Fred comes from a long line of tall dutch people. :mickey:

iheartmickey
09-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Sounds like so much fun! You guys are really having a great time.

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup: