PDA

View Full Version : New to DDP and have a couple questions - long

Linda13
09-13-2007, 10:32 PM
I am planning a May 08 trip and am highly considering the DDP. It will be my husband, my 8 and 10 yr olds and me.

Since my 10 yr old will be considered an adult, he will order off of that menu. Now, in looking at the kids choices on the menus, my younger (bigger appetite) child is going to be a bit peeved. If I still ordered the childs meal, would it be OK if my 8 yr old shared some of the 10 yr old's dinner? (which I am assuming will be too big for either)

I noticed that the buffet menus included a kid's menu - will my 8 yr old be able to get anything off of the buffets or be limited to kid choices? (Hollywood & Vine, Crystal Palace, Ohanas)

Are the snack/Quick meals credits only at the places listed in the 08 pamphlet? (I noticed that at the campground where I am booked, there are no quick or snack areas marked on the pamphlet) Or will there be more places to choose from when I get there?

Also, for snacks - I am guessing as far as my 8 yr old that snacks can be the same as ours (that there are no designations between adult/child for the snack)?

Last question (at least for today), for the Fantasmic/Dinner show, what would the latest reservation be for Hollywood & Vine I should request?

Thanks in advance for any answers you might be able to help me with. Being the sole planner can be confusing at times. I am going to invest in a guide book or 2, but waiting for the 08 releases.

FriendsofMickey
09-13-2007, 10:52 PM
We were there last September and used the DDP for the second time. I answered based on my knowledge of how it has been. I know there have been some changes to the DDP; however, I do not believe it affects the answers. :)

Since my 10 yr old will be considered an adult, he will order off of that menu. Now, in looking at the kids choices on the menus, my younger (bigger appetite) child is going to be a bit peeved. If I still ordered the childs meal, would it be OK if my 8 yr old shared some of the 10 yr old's dinner? (which I am assuming will be too big for either)
YEs, they should be able to share.
I noticed that the buffet menus included a kid's menu - will my 8 yr old be able to get anything off of the buffets or be limited to kid choices? (Hollywood & Vine, Crystal Palace, Ohanas)
The buffets are open, you can pick anything from them. For example, if you want to eat the chicken fingers that are for the "childrens menu", no problem. Same with
Are the snack/Quick meals credits only at the places listed in the 08 pamphlet? (I noticed that at the campground where I am booked, there are no quick or snack areas marked on the pamphlet) Or will there be more places to choose from when I get there?
I have not looked at the '08 pamphlet. I do not believe that the '07 was all exclusive with the CS, just the TS were listed.
Also, for snacks - I am guessing as far as my 8 yr old that snacks can be the same as ours (that there are no designations between adult/child for the snack)?
Correct.

The fantasmic package, I am not sure. You can always call and they should be able to give you an idea.

Good Luck and Have Fun Planning. :mickey:

Linda13
09-14-2007, 08:48 AM
thanks. This will help me narrow down the choices.:mickey:

Figment!
09-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Are the snack/Quick meals credits only at the places listed in the 08 pamphlet? (I noticed that at the campground where I am booked, there are no quick or snack areas marked on the pamphlet) Or will there be more places to choose from when I get there? Yes and No.

The pamphlet will eventually list all participating venues (to a degree), but the current pamphlet is not complete. The pamphlet that is distributed this far in advance for next year's plan, is only a partial listing.

For reference sake, it would be a good bet to look back at the 2007 listing, which can be found here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/mywdiningplan.asp). The Meadow Snack Bar is on both Quick Service and Snack Service listings, so it is likely to be on both again.

Beyond the participating list, there are a few snack-type locations that do participate, but they are not guaranteed.

Samtastic
09-14-2007, 12:09 PM
As for snacks I'm not sure. The brochure did not list that many places, but when I down there in Jan, there were so many things available for snack credits. They had the icon next to them. Of course rumor is they are limiting the number of snack choices as people have abused the "everything under $4" buying boxes of donuts and gallons of milk at their resort. I hope I can still get a dole whip with my credits!!!