PDA

View Full Version : Nicki'sMom trip report for Sept.4-11

Nicki'sMom
09-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Oh what a wonderful week we had. We drove down from Charlotte on Sept. 3rd after DH got out of work and were on the road by 2:40pm. We made it to Orlando by 10:30 and I had scoped out a place to stay before we left and we rolled into the Orlando Vista Hotel fo 69.00 for the night. Right at the entrance to DTD. We woke up the next morning at 8am and went to WL to check in at 9am. The room was not ready so we got on the boat and headed to MK. We did a few of our favorite rides and then got some CS at Columbia Harbor House. It was going on 2pm so we called the lodge and our room was ready so we headed back for a nap and to get ready for Chef Mickeys. Our room was great-2015. We had a pool view and were close to Roaring Forks and lobby. I loved the Lodge. I will never stay anywhere else. I picked ranger Stan out of the crowd and he came over with a smile and I told him how popular he was on Intercot and he knew the site well :D. DH and I took the DD3 up to the room for an early night. Thr next morning was little ones extra magic hours. This was great. Nicki played games with Wendy in Fantasyland and there were characters everywhere riding rides with the kids. We went to MK a total of 5 times in 7 days and saw everything at our leisure. It was SUPER hot so that slowed us down but the crowds were very low and we never had more than a 15 minute wait. After testing DD3 on the Barnsormer which she loved, we took her on Splash Mountain. She did it twice over the week. My little brave girl. We did Epcot in two days and MGM and Animal Kingdom in one day. We just picked out the kid friendly stuff and of course fast passes for Everest! I am not going to breakdown day by day because we really took it easy. I reviewed my dining in the dining section. We were so happy we picked the Lodge and will go back again. Had a blast and hated to say goodbye. I did some Christmas shopping at Downtown Disney and brought home some great souveniers and pictures. Cant wait until next time. :mickey:

'

January-2007
09-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks so much for sharing! Glad you liked the Wilderness Lodge so much! We were planning on going there in October but changed our minds and are now staying at Pop Century for twice as long, starting on Sunday! Glad to read about the short waits for rides! Now to choose when to go next, right? :mickey:

faline
09-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Sounds like a terrific trip! I'm a big fan of Wilderness Lodge as well!

BronxTigger
09-13-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm glad your trip was great. It sounds like even though you took it easy, you really enjoyed yourselves and hit the highlights. Thanks for sharing it with us.

iheartmickey
09-13-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm glad you had such a nice time. We're heading over to check out the lodge when we go to eat over there in Oct. I can't wait!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-13-2007, 09:23 PM
What a great trip! Sounds like you kept a good pace and made sure the heat didn't wear you down. I'm glad you enjoyed the WL! Thanks for the report.

Bethis26fan
09-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks for sharing, sounds like a great trip.

ChipnDaleGal
09-14-2007, 08:59 AM
I love the Wilderness Lodge too, so I understand why your family fell for it so hard. Sounds like you had a wonderful week with your little girl. Thanks for sharing. :mickey: