PDA

View Full Version : Artist Point Dress Code?

Kairi_7378
09-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Since everyone else is asking about dress codes...
We are going to eat at Artist Point at 5:30 on our arrival day, Oct. 1. We loved the Magical Express service and will be utilizing it again. Just to be safe, I am going to pack our dinner clothes in the carry-on luggage. I know that they have a business casual dress code- will I feel comfortable in a pair of khakis and a polo shirt? I think these will travel better than a dress in my backpack. I noticed that a lot of people were very dressed up at the CA Grill, which also has a business casual dress code. Thanks, guys!

Crow
09-13-2007, 06:03 PM
that would b fine to me. Im not doing real dressy at AP. at CG in May there were shorts present....
ill probably do a polo or button casual n pants...i dont like khakis myself as i had to wear them at 1 job.

LoriMistress
09-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Polo shirt and khakis are okay, as long as you're not wearing crocs. Basically, business casual dress code.

Pirate Granny
09-13-2007, 07:47 PM
OK...I will admit that I mostly never am with the dress code. We ate Xmas dinner this year at 8pm at the California Grille and I was in my Xmas Coveralls and my matching Xmas turtleneck. The men were in Khaki's and my friend was in a matching very casual 3/4 pants. When we ate the year before with my dad at Artist Pointe...he was in sweats (the only clothes he wore) and was in a wheelchair...at both places I did not feel out of place, there were many people just as casually dressed as I was and yes, some were pretty dressed up also. I'm sure they wouldn't turn you away unless you were in cut-offs and t-shirt. Enjoy your meal and hope you get a seat by the window...you'll find it's very quiet compared to most of the other table service restaurants in the resorts.

:pirate:

Kairi_7378
09-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the advice, I feel a lot better now. Now I just have to be patient for 13 more days...

Jared
09-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Does any restaurant in Walt Disney World actually enforce a dress code besides Victoria & Albert's?

Regardless, you will feel entirely comfortable in a polo and khakis at Artist Point. Business casual is definitely appropriate. Some resort restaurants are considerably fancier than their theme park counterparts, but you're still in Walt Disney World. Comfort should come before style, even at one of the nicer restaurants.

rnin02
09-17-2007, 03:09 PM
For Artist Pointe, my DH and I got rather dressed up (jacket/dress shirt/jeans him, and a nice skirt and top for me), and I was rather surprised at the other guests there...most of them were far more casual then I thought would be allowed. Tank top and shorts, tee-shirt and shorts, that sort of thing. So I think they are pretty relaxed on the dress code overall. Last year I thought more people were dressed up for California Grill then what I saw this year at AP.