PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express

PrincessTracie
09-13-2007, 02:41 PM
I was wondering if I could pay to use the magical express bus? See, my parents are going to be checking in the day after I get there and I am on their room reservations. So because I am not getting there the day of our reservations I was told I could not use the bus on the way there but I could on the way back. But I still need to find a way to get there! I am going to be staying with my aunt and cousin for that night and they are going to be using ME, so is it possible to pay for my bus ride with them? I really don't want to get on a seperate bus. Anyone know?

faline
09-13-2007, 02:51 PM
If you're staying with your Aunt and Uncle on Disney property on the day of your arrival, you should be on their reservation for that night. That way, you would also be able to use Magical Express for your arrival.

You cannot pay to use this service.

princessM0m
09-13-2007, 03:36 PM
As faline said, get on your aunt's reservation. Even if they charge extra because you are an extra adult, the price is worth having the DME available to you.

tyandskyesmom
09-14-2007, 04:18 PM
In January the kids and I are arriving 4 days before Lou (all in one room/reservation) and i was told that is would be no problem for Lou to use ME five days after our reservation began. He is staying at a Disney Hotel so he is entitled to use it no matter when he arrives. That sounds like the same thing that you are talking about basically...

109 more days!!!

CleveRocks
09-14-2007, 06:15 PM
In January the kids and I are arriving 4 days before Lou (all in one room/reservation) and i was told that is would be no problem for Lou to use ME five days after our reservation began. He is staying at a Disney Hotel so he is entitled to use it no matter when he arrives. That sounds like the same thing that you are talking about basically...Your situation is a little different, a little less complicated. Everyone on a reservation is entitled to round-trip DME, even if they don't all arrive and leave on the same day.

But the key is that you can't get a DME ride from the airport on any day PRIOR to the first day of your reservation, and you can't get a ride back to the airport on any day AFTER your check-out day. In your case, Lou can get the ride to the resort because he's going to get the ride after our party's check-in day, not before.

The OP is hoping to get a ride before her own check-in day. In her case, she'll need to be named on her aunt's resort reservation for that first night or else she can't make a DME reservation. Hopefully, she will be able to legally fit into the aunt's room. If she can, she'll peobably be a 3rd or 4th adult in the room ... she'd have to pay some sort of upcharge, but it'll be less costly than a paid ride from the airport to the resort.

PrincessTracie
09-14-2007, 07:49 PM
Ok, so being on my aunts reservation is not an option right now. I'm already irritated at it, so lets move past that. What I need to know is a shuttle company that anyone knows of that I can book a ride with? I don't want to pay $50 for a private ride, so one of those airport shuttle things will work fine.. those are usually like $15-$20 one way. But I am having the HARDEST time finding one online. Can ANYONE PLEASE!!!!! help me! I have 5 more days till I leave! This is really stressing me out! I just want to make sure I have a ride to the hotel without breaking my bank!! Thanks in advance!!

CleveRocks
09-15-2007, 12:08 AM
All right, here's the deal. There's only one "inexpensive" shuttle service, and that's Mears. However, since the advent of DME, they no longer take reservations for rides to WDW owned-and-operated resorts.

But here's the deal ....

You CAN pay for a Mears ride to a WDW resort, you just can't reserve it. If you call Mears right now, they'll tell you you can't use a Mears bus to get to a WDW resort. They have to say that. They'll get in trouble if they say otherwise. But it's untrue.

When you arrive at MCO, go to the Mears counter and tell them you want a ride to the specific WDW resort. They WILL sell you a ticket on-the-spot. Often, you will actually be put on a DME bus.

So it can be done, and for less $$$ than a car service. It's just going to be a leap of faith for you to believe some stranger from New Jersey when he says thay if you call the company they'll lie to you but you should just trust him on this one because he's sure of his facts.

tyandskyesmom
09-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Your situation is a little different, a little less complicated. Everyone on a reservation is entitled to round-trip DME, even if they don't all arrive and leave on the same day.

But the key is that you can't get a DME ride from the airport on any day PRIOR to the first day of your reservation, and you can't get a ride back to the airport on any day AFTER your check-out day. In your case, Lou can get the ride to the resort because he's going to get the ride after our party's check-in day, not before.

The OP is hoping to get a ride before her own check-in day. In her case, she'll need to be named on her aunt's resort reservation for that first night or else she can't make a DME reservation. Hopefully, she will be able to legally fit into the aunt's room. If she can, she'll peobably be a 3rd or 4th adult in the room ... she'd have to pay some sort of upcharge, but it'll be less costly than a paid ride from the airport to the resort.

Oh...thanx for clairifying that for me I guess I didn't catch that!

Piglet822
09-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Tracie, don't panic. When you and your aunt arrive just go down to the DME welcome center (your aunts got to check in anyway).
Simply explain the situation to the CM's behind the counter and they will assist you.
I promise you will get a ride to the resort and not be left stranded at the airport.

BronxTigger
09-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Okay I have another ME question.

I am considering renting a car at the airport and then dropping it off back at the airport for my quick trip next month.

If I don't use ME, can I still check my luggage and get my boarding pass at the hotel for my flight home?

Also, because I have a voucher and am signed up for ME but don't use it, it won't cause problems? I know if you aren't at the resort at your assigned pick up time they leave you in your room, they will leave you behind. Is this basically what happens if you decide to use alternate transportation to/from the airport?

Thanks in advance.

Beast_fanatic
09-15-2007, 06:26 PM
If I don't use ME, can I still check my luggage and get my boarding pass at the hotel for my flight home?

Also, because I have a voucher and am signed up for ME but don't use it, it won't cause problems? I know if you aren't at the resort at your assigned pick up time they leave you in your room, they will leave you behind. Is this basically what happens if you decide to use alternate transportation to/from the airport?

Thanks in advance.

On the way back to the airport, yes, you can still use the luggage check-in at the resort even if you aren't using DME (so long as you're flying an airline that participates in luggage check-in).

I don't think not using it even though you are signed up for it will cause any issues.

Piglet822
09-16-2007, 02:44 AM
BronxTigger, we get no shows all the time. Don't worry, you not showing up will not cause any problems at all.