PDA

View Full Version : Am I too old for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique?

mjaclyn
09-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Hi all! I'm 26 and I've always loved Disney! I absolutey LOVE the idea of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, but my 10 mos old DD is too young for it. Would I look like a complete fool getting the Coach or Crown package for myself? (Hair & Makeup) I'm sure DH would think I'm nuts but I really love getting into the Disney spirit! I just don't want to look like a weirdo in the process...

AvonleaCF
09-13-2007, 02:48 PM
I was watching that area during my stay and never saw a girl over 12. You can do it (Disney will take your money, certaintly), but you will be the oldest one in a chair. So it just depends on how you'd feel about being the only adult with all the tiny girls around.

Tinkerkel
09-13-2007, 03:17 PM
I don't think you'll look like a weirdo - I say go for it - aren't we all kids at WDW?!

Laura670
09-13-2007, 03:20 PM
I know alot of adults who would love to go to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique My sister took her daughter and she said while she was there there were alot of Adults as well as kids. I think if this is something you truly want to do then do it ....don't regret not doing it...your in Disney and it's where we can all act like kids and no one really cares!

pogo
09-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Hey.... what the heck...... go for it..:thumbsup:... your always a kid at heart when you're at WDW, right ? :yes:

Just don't forget to post the :photo:pictures of it on your trip reports. :D

Tinkerfreak
09-13-2007, 03:35 PM
My 19 year old neice did this in December and even though she was the oldest one doing it she still loved it. I say go for it! DH says I am a true princess and I am thirty(lets just say close to 40). I am thinking about doing this on our next trip.

tinkerbell04
09-13-2007, 03:35 PM
In December, my SIL, 26, did it with my DD and there were 3 other moms doing it at the same time. The Fairy Godmother in Training told me that they have adults ALL the time and the oldest they have seen was a 92 year old great grandmother for her birthday! :party: Go for it and have a great time:mickey:

Hayden's Dad
09-13-2007, 03:53 PM
I JUST BOOKED MY WIFE FOR THIS!!! You guys gave me the idea and I love it. She needs to be pampered too. They said they get several "ladies" call who want to be prettied up to so if you wnat to go for it!!! I am jsut as excited about this she is!!:blush:

Figment!
09-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Ages are 3 and Up :thumbsup:

The only maximum age restriction is that the Castle Package does not offer adult sized costumes, while this doesn't limit who can purchase it , it definitely reduces the value for any potential adult clients.

The Coach or Crown package would be a great choice though:thumbsup:

For any Boys/Men in the family, keep in mind that the Boutique also offers a "Cool Dude" package. It is fairly customizable and is a decent deal at $10.

January-2007
09-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Wow! How about that! I had no idea adults could do this too... Have a great time! :mickey:

Kairi_7378
09-13-2007, 10:59 PM
In March I saw several adults who had obviously been to BBB and gotten the Disney Diva style. They looked great and like they were having a great time. Go for it! It will be a chance to sit and be pampered while you're on vacation, but cheaper than a spa treatment. (We also saw adults wearing all of the different ears and hats... everything goes in Disney :) )

Samtastic
09-13-2007, 11:27 PM
I heard you could call and request a larger costume for the BBB?

Cinderelley
09-14-2007, 04:05 AM
Just got back on Monday. The three of us (32, 36 & 55) did it. We had a great time! I felt a little weird at first, but once I got in the chair, I forgot all about it. Amy & Sharon thought it was one of the highlights of the trip.

Rodders
09-14-2007, 04:36 AM
I am planning to book my wife (25) in there on our next trip. I was wondering myself how things would go. I would love to hear a report and or photos from someone on this :mickey:

CosmicRay
09-14-2007, 03:33 PM
I have seen on other websites videos of people at the BBB. I did a search and found them cause I made reservations for DD. I saw moms and daughters doing it together. I am 31 and offered to go with her. She is a daddys girl and she wants daddy to go with her cause like she said "I want him to see me become a princess". He felt special and I told him he should do the cool dude package, he said he would think about it.

DNS
09-14-2007, 07:09 PM
I see absolutely nothing wrong with you going. Nothing weird about wanting to get made up at all. At any age.

Cinderelley
09-15-2007, 02:49 AM
I am planning to book my wife (25) in there on our next trip. I was wondering myself how things would go. I would love to hear a report and or photos from someone on this :mickey:

I'll have mine up in a few days.

TammiMcMan
09-19-2007, 08:09 AM
I don't know about this one. Personally, I'd feel much more like a princess sitting in the Mandara Spa, in a fluffy white robe, sipping a glass of champagne while someone massaged my legs :cloud9:. I don't see how I could get that same experience from a cast member applying play makeup to my face and peel off nail polish.

Momof2boys
09-19-2007, 10:50 AM
I don't know about this one. Personally, I'd feel much more like a princess sitting in the Mandara Spa, in a fluffy white robe, sipping a glass of champagne while someone massaged my legs :cloud9:. I don't see how I could get that same experience from a cast member applying play makeup to my face and peel off nail polish.

:ditto:

DH made mention when we were planning if I'd like to spend a morning at the BBB, thinking it was a spa type thing. I gave him a few other options is he wanted to surprise me with a spa package.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
09-22-2007, 12:29 PM

I am in complete agreement.
To me, a spa experience is not playing dress up, but feeling pampered with the finest products and amenities, in an elegant environment.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-30-2007, 09:42 PM
I saw lots of ladies that had obviously had their hair done there. It looked like it was fun.

DizneyRox
10-01-2007, 07:15 AM
If you've got money in your pocket, you're fine...

Darbylew
10-01-2007, 09:58 AM
You are never tooooo old for anything at WDW.
Go for it.........:mickey:

RBrooksC
10-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Maybe it is just me being a realist but this just sparks as one of the most unnecessary things in the Disney parks. It is extremly expensive and it doesn't last. One could get a t-shirt a lot less than the hair and make-up and, with care, could last a rather long time.

My wife and I were discussing this while in Disney last week (has it been that long already???) and, if we ever had a daughter, the choice would be getting her hair and make-up done and no other items from Disney, don't even ask for it because the answer will be "NO!" or she could get something else that would last longer than the day.

I know a family whose daughter got the treatment and it was ruined not 30 minutes later due to a bad rainstorm.

I do applaud Disney in the money making venture, however. I would have done the exact same thing. Put a princess creating boutique inside the castle. What little girl wouldn't bother her parents into becoming a princess in a Disney castle? It is so perfect!

Piglet822
10-01-2007, 01:44 PM
While I agree that BBB is on the costly side, as a DME driver I have the opportunity to see many of these little girls still with their hair up full of glitter and wearing their little crowns.
While the procedure itself can be a costly one the memories that follow are priceless. And the attention it brings them never fails to bring a smile to their faces :princess:

mjaclyn
10-01-2007, 02:17 PM
I personally can't wait until my daughter is old enough to appreciate the BBB. I saw so many little girls with their hair up and princess dresses on, feeling so special. Yes, it is expensive, but Disney is an extremely special trip for most people. I want to make the trip as memorable as possible for my DD. So, when she's old enough to go to the BBB I'll let her get the package that includes the hair, makeup and dress. I'll also schedule an ADR at Cinderella's Castle for that night, and maybe (if it's still around) plan it to be the day of the Pirate & Princess Party. That way, she'll be all dressed up for a princess character meal and the P&P Party. (But this is just me, I know there are many others out there who don't want to spend that much money on one day or who maybe don't have the money to do it - I can say from experience that parents can make a trip to WDW memorable for their children whether they have money for extras or not)

RBrooksC
10-01-2007, 02:33 PM
This is why I think Disney is so smart. So, after the parent pays the price for the airfare (or gas or however they get there), the hotel, the meals, the park tickets then, in the Magic Kingdom (I know it is in DTD also) there is a boutique in the castle that can make their little girl a princess and it only cost $50-70 for the hair and make-up and about the same added on if ones needs to buy a costume.

I am not disparaging anybody who wants to do this for their daughter or for themselves. The money is earned so spend it as seen fit. However, Disney is not stupid. They are a money making venture. So, it is quite amazing how after getting well over $1000 per family for a trip, people will spend another $100 on something that is fleeting. Maybe offers a nice photo but when the shower or bath happens, it is gone.

If feel, if I ever have a daughter, it will be better for her memory to get something she can bring home with her, a tangible memory. Not a memory of a feeling because after time, those feeling do fade to shadows and then to nothing.

Cinderelley
10-01-2007, 03:16 PM

I have done both. You can't get the same experience from BBB as you do a spa, but the experiences are so different, you can't really compare them.

TammiMcMan
10-01-2007, 03:26 PM
I have done both. You can't get the same experience from BBB as you do a spa, but the experiences are so different, you can't really compare them.Trust me, I would never say they were comparable :D . Looking like a fairy princess and being treated like a fairy princess are definitely two different things in my book :thumbsup:.

I agree that the memories for these little girls must be great, although I didn't notice the smiles being any bigger than before BBB when little girls had their hair done by mom and wore their princess dresses to CRT. All that aside, this thread is directed at adults who are curious about the service or have already had it done.

Cinderelley
10-01-2007, 03:56 PM

Here's pics (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2005249410100927225WTJcCB)from our trip to BBB. I haven't gotten the Photopass ones yet. We had a great time!

mouseketeer mom
10-04-2007, 07:00 AM
You're never too old to be a princess.:princess: I don't know if I'd wear a costume, but hair and makeup? Of Course!!!! I'm sure all the attention you'd get would be positive. Have fun!

cardshopgirl
10-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Though I understand why everyone would not want to spend this kind of money, I can also see why people do want to. Of course Disney wants to make money and they are geniuses at it! Though it is not a tangible purchase, it is for a memory. It is a fun thing to do! Just like going to the spa or going to a salon at home. It is an experience... And technically going to the parks is the same thing. You can't take them home, but it gives you memories that would last a lifetime!
I say if you have the money, go for it and have fun!!!