PDA

View Full Version : How hot can it be at WDW in August? Sizzling is the right word! Day 3 part 2

Mom2princesses
09-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Hi everyone, a shorter update tonight. But I wanted to get in the rest of day 3 tonight. Hope you all enjoy it!

August 27th Day 3 - Part 2 - Hoop Dee Doo Review!

Day 3 Part 2 - Finally the Hoop Dee Doo Review!

Now where were we? Oh yeah we had all cleaned up so we were real purty but those dark clouds were approaching. They told us to be there 30 mins before the show which started at 7:15. We had a few more minutes to relax and I watched those clouds. You could see lightning too! But we lucked out this time because the storms skipped over us! We left the Poly at about 6:00 so that would give us plenty of time to get there. We took the Monorail to the MK. On the way there the monorail stopped due to traffic. Ok we still had plenty of time I was not worried at all. We get to the MK and go to the boat dock for the WL/FW/CR boat. The line was long waiting for the next boat! Someone said that one of the big boats was broken and they had to use a small boat in its place. Now I started to worry. One boat comes and goes and we are still waiting in a long line. The next boat was a bigger one and we were able to get on it. Finally the boat starts moving and the time is getting later. They ask if anyone is going to the WL. Some people raise their hands and they decide to go there first. Time is now ticking away and I’m getting nervous. I didn’t want to miss the beginning of the show. I have wanted to go to the HDDR for years but was never able to get an ADR. I was so looking forward to it. It was past 6:45. We get to the WL and there was a ton of people in line waiting for the boat. A few people got off and some of the long line was able to get on the boat. Finally we start heading to FW.

We reached there at 7:00. Whew! Next we get off the boat and head off the dock. Of course little Diva did not want to walk. So Daddy and I took turns carrying her. Finally we reach the venue and check in they give us our table number. It was 33 or 31 I can’t remember. I just know it was 30 something. I thought oh no I guess we are near the back. Next they try to take a picture. Yep another one of those pictures they take and charge you 30+ dollars. Diva would not cooperate. She was in no mood so we didn’t even take this one! So I didn’t have to say no at all this time. Way to go Diva!

Then we had to stand on another line to wait for the doors to open. Yay we made it! So after not having to worry about making it on time anymore I started to worry about Cindy. I hoped the show would interest her enough so we could all enjoy it. Yep I’m a mom I can’t help but think too much about all these things. It is part of being a mom. My dh thinks I’m crazy to worry so much. I think it is my duty of being a mom.

Before you know it the doors open and we have to give them our little piece of paper with the table number on it. We follow the CM and she kept walking towards the front. Yippee our table was in the middle and it was the third table from the stage what a great table.

Our drinks are brought to us I tried the sangria so did my dh. Bleech! I should have listened to other trip reports it was pretty bad neither one of us finished it. My dh got beer and I got a diet coke! Guess what happens next? You got it my little Diva wants to go potty! UGH! So off we go to help her fill out her survey! Can’t miss a good potty check now can we? Ok we come back and sit down and the show starts! We had an absolute great time. The show was awesome! My dh loved it too and he was a skeptic coming over. The actors and actresses are great! They are so funny and we had an blast. Even Cindy loved the show it kept her attention and she got into it! The food was good although I didn’t care for the ribs but the chicken was good, so were the mashed potatoes and the cowboy beans! The strawberry shortcake was delicious too! To everyone who is going to the HDDR you are going to have a great time. To those of you thinking about going make those ADR’s it is such a fun night. The performers do go up on the second level and interact with people throughout the hall. So you don’t feel left out no matter where you sit. This definitely was a great time and we all gave it a big fat thumbs up! Even my 3-year-old Diva loved it and she is a tough critic! All in all it was a very enjoyable evening.

Here are two pictures from that night we actually took videos of most of the show. I’m not sure how to edit the video (if you even can) or I would take some pics and post them of the show but most of you have seen pics of the performers. So here are some pics of our family.

Ariel and Daddy (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/HDDR_Daddy.jpg)

The girls - Mom, Cindy and Ariel (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/HDDR_girls.jpg)

Just look at these happy faces! You can’t help but smile at the HDDR. It is a fun time for everyone.

After the show we head back to the boat dock. Now it is after 9:00. I was dreading going back to the MK at closing to pick up the monorail. There was a line waiting for the boat back to the MK. There was a boat at the dock with a female captain. She announces that her smaller boat was going to the CR! Well we decide to hop on that boat and then catch the monorail from the Contemporary. We get on the boat and leave in minutes. The girls got to see the CR and my dh too. They have never been inside of it. Ariel thought it was very cool and I showed them Chef Mickey’s. We board the monorail and head back to the Poly. It was a great day and tomorrow we are heading to Epcot after some Tonga toast for breakfast at Kona Cafe. So back to the hotel and the girls went to sleep very quickly. Mom and dad do too!

What a magical day we had and everyone went to sleep smiling! :cloud9:

For day 4 - Epcot click on this link! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=116328)

Mom2princesses
09-12-2007, 11:29 PM
I was able to figure out how to get an image from the video. Here is the HDDR Cast (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/HoopDeeDooCrew.jpg)and it shows you how close our table was to the stage.

January-2007
09-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Neat! We are going to be at the 9:30 show a week from tomorrow, and it will be our first time, I can't wait! Your pictures are great, I think we are going to have a very nice time. Thanks so much for sharing, I'm glad you made it after all! :mickey:

faline
09-13-2007, 12:02 PM
The Hoop de Doo has long been a favorite show of mine! Glad you had an excellent time! Great pics of your family at the show!

disneydrmr
09-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Looks and sounds like a great time! Such awesome memories you made! Thanks for sharing your report!

ChipnDaleGal
09-14-2007, 08:52 AM
I am ashamed to admit that it all my trips to WDW, I have never seen this show. I am so glad that you made it in time and had such great seats. I really must put this at the top of my WDW To Do List! :mickey:

BronxTigger
09-14-2007, 09:33 AM
I was able to figure out how to get an image from the video. Here is the HDDR Cast (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/HoopDeeDooCrew.jpg)and it shows you how close our table was to the stage.

My family went to HDDR on our first trip to WDW....back in 1992. We had a good time and I'm glad you did too.

Can I ask you how you took a still image from a video? I have many videos from my trip of things I don't have still photos for and I'd love to pull images from videos to use in my scrapbook. Thanks.

iheartmickey
09-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Nerve racking having to get you there on time ... I hate to rely on someone else to get me some where on time ... part of using Disney transportation I guess.

It sounds like you had a great time! I guess it's worth the wait ... those difficult to get ADR's ;).

Thank you for sharing. :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
09-22-2007, 11:59 PM
Glad everything worked out.