PDA

View Full Version : 18 days to go -- and dh is sick

pwdebbie
09-12-2007, 10:24 PM
We leave in 18 days and my dh was diagnosed with bronchitis and possible pneumonia yesterday. He has an autoimmune disease that has messed up his lungs, so even on a good day, he's not so good. I planned this trip (our first) believing he would be able to handle it if we paced ourselves and allowed him to get a good rest every afternoon.

He tells me not to cancel the trip, that he thinks he will be up to it. The doctor says he'll be coughing for the next month at least. We did get travel insurance, but I really would rather not have to use it!

Thanks for listening to my woe!

Deb

Darbylew
09-12-2007, 11:34 PM
I hope your dh gets better quickly and that you
will be able to take your trip. I think you have
the right idea as to just take it easy and stop
to rest often in the parks or back at your resort. Hope things work out. :mickey:

ToDisney
09-14-2007, 10:23 AM
:pixie:First off, pixie Dust to your husband and you.
Second; Have you thought of the timing of your trip? It will still be pretty hot in Fl. I don't know where your from, but you might think of just delaying it instead of cancelling. I don't know much about his illness but if the heat is going to bother him, waiting until its cooler might help out. (just a thought)

But most of all I hope he feels better and if you go, get plenty of rest before and during your trip. Disney is a MAGICAL place! :magic:

:train:
86 days to go
:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
09-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Here's some :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:for your DH's speedy recovery:mickey:

Dsnygirl
09-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Sending some more :pixie::pixie::pixie: your Dh's way that he'll feel better fast!!:thumbsup: Good luck!!

MNNHFLTX
09-16-2007, 12:39 PM
I can imagine the pre-vacation anxiety this is adding to your lives. It sounds like your husband is thinking positive, so hopefully it will all work out. :pixie: