PDA

View Full Version : Two Value Rooms or One Deluxe?

dml
09-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Hi! I'm beginning to plan a trip to WDW for May of 2008 with three adults and two children. Does anyone know if it is more cost effective to book two connecting value resort rooms or one larger deluxe resort room? As many times as I have been, I personally have never had to do the planning for a group of more than four. Any info or experiences with this situation is appreciated. Thanks! :confused:

TammiMcMan
09-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Two values usually end up costing less than a deluxe. For example, the CR wing or FW cabin, would be about $60 more per night, while the other deluxe standard rooms (YC,BC,BWI,Poly,GF) would add another $130 onto your nightly rate.

You could get lucky with a discount though. My suggestion would be to get a quote for both options from Magical Journeys.

drhama
09-12-2007, 11:47 PM
I would concider the Fort Wilderness Cabins. We went with 4 adults and 1 child. Worked really well for us. Daughters family took the br and us old folks took the living room. An extra bathroom would have been nice but there is a lot of room for the $. I feel the cabins are much nicer than 2 values.

dml
09-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Thank you both for your insight. I thought about getting a quote on both, but I didn't think about the FW cabins. I'll definitely look into them. Thanks again!

TammiMcMan
09-12-2007, 11:58 PM
Something that I did forget to mention about staying in one deluxe room, is that you will be charged extra for the 3rd adult in the room. At the cabins, it's $10 more per night and in the deluxe resorts, it's $25 more per night.

drhama
09-13-2007, 12:13 AM
For us, cost is just one consideration. If you will be staying for several days, the extra elbow room may be a necessity. It is really nice to be able to put the kids down for a nap or to bed shut the door and still be able to use the rest of the cabin.
Good luck. No matter what, you will be at WDW.

dml
09-13-2007, 12:15 AM
I do remember reading that somewhere on this site. I haven't stayed at a deluxe resort since I was a kid (before there was a "deluxe" resort) so I'm trying my hardest to justify the cost of doing it!! Thanks again!

robyn221
09-13-2007, 11:19 AM
A couple of other things to consider:

How much time do you anticipate you're going to be spending in your room? If you're just sleeping there, one room is probably all you need.
How old are the kids? Are they (like mine) at an age where they get so excited that they will literally talk the ears off of anyone within close proximity? In that case, you made need to the extra room to give the adults some quiet time. And a big tube of SuperGlue.
Any shower hogs in your group? Having an extra bathroom does make getting dressed in the morning much easier?
Will everyone be going to sleep at the same time as the kids? If not, you might consider a second connecting room that can serve as a "living room" for the adults.

Hope this helps!

Robyn:mickey:

#1donaldfan
09-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Why not look into a moderate that sleeps 5?? POR has a trundle bed and two reg beds.....may be worth a look......I'm sorry if someone else relayed the same info....I just scrolled to the bottom of this thread and didn't read any of the responses......

rwdavis2
09-13-2007, 02:34 PM
I'd go for the 2 value rooms thought they cannot guarantee connecting rooms. It's cheaper and has more room. How about a suite at one of the values? One of the value resorts has suites but I can't remember which one.
Bob

Marker
09-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Two words....... TWO BATHROOMS!!!!!

If you choose 2 connecting value rooms, you'll have 2 bathrooms.

You'll also have more options as far as "privacy" goes. Perhaps one side for the adults, and one for the kids. Or one room for a couple, and one room for the others.

You might also want to look into the family suites they now have at some value resorts.

Depending on the age of the kids, they may actually appreciate the theming of the value resorts more too.

wire0monkey
09-13-2007, 03:23 PM
I just rented two value rooms. We got two roomswith an adjoining door. It was totally worth it because we had two bathrooms for two kids and three adults.

dmallan
09-13-2007, 04:08 PM
ASMU has family suites now. Basically, they took two rooms and made them into a suite. They have two bathrooms, a bedroom, a little kitchenette area, and a living room area with a fold out sofa and two fold out chairs.
We looked into these for a bit, but then found out that they never offer discounts on the family suites. We ended up going for two value rooms and got a great deal with a AAA discount. It ended up costing $65.50 per room, before tax.
And as other posters have said, the two bathrooms are a real plus! That's something you would not have with one deluxe room.

dml
09-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Thank you all for your great suggestions! You gave me a lot to think about. After talking with my party, the idea of having two bathrooms made the strongest impact. I should have thought of that!

So, just when we decided to book the two connecting rooms at Pop, one of the adults in my party tells me she joined the DVC this morning!! We'll now be staying in two studios at the AKL! I've never stayed there so I'm pretty excited. I'd love to hear any feedback on the AKL or any suggestions for must sees there.

Now, my friend tells me I have to join the DVC!

Before I go, I just want to compliment everyone on how wonderful this site is and how nice it is share info with other Disney lovers!

Thanks again for all your responses!:mickey:

andreallybadeggs
09-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Wow-- aren't you lucky! Enjoy the AK.
Just for future reference, though, I have to
put in another plug for the Magical Journeys
gang.I know each of them has their own cheering section and rightly so. My experience has been with Melissa who has never failed me yet. I am a real planner and love the "thrill of the hunt" but when push comes to shove, I leave it in her capable hands.
:number1:

dml
09-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks! I'll have to remember that since I'm new to this site and didn't know about them before.