PDA

View Full Version : Hotels to go see?

Mnchknbrat1982
09-12-2007, 09:29 PM
What are the hotels that you like to go look around at if you have the time? We are staying at the POFQ. And on our arrival day and day we check out Ithink we may go look around at some of the hotels.

limegreenmonorail
09-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Oh, I love doing this! I'll spend a whole day just wandering around hotels. I call it "hotel hopping". :thumbsup:

While they're all beautiful, I would recommend visiting:

Wilderness Lodge
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Polynesian
Pop Century
Boardwalk

Make sure you bring a camera!

thejens
09-12-2007, 09:56 PM
I agree with AKL and WL. It would be easy to ride the Monorail to the three: Poly, Contemporary and Grand Floridian each is so different from the other! If you go to AKL be sure to walk around the patio and check out the various viewing areas.

dml
09-12-2007, 10:10 PM
I agree 100% with lime green monorail! Those were my exact suggestions!:thumbsup:

Taking time to visit the different resorts is alot of fun. Enjoy it!

Goofeygal
09-12-2007, 10:43 PM
I love to resort hop, we do it every trip. The ones that are a must to for me is

AKL
WL
Poly
CR
GF

limegreenmonorail
09-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention...some hotels have free tours in the morning, if that's something you're interested in. Like Wilderness Lodge has a Hidden Mickey tour, I believe, and AKL has an Africa Art tour. Check with the front dest for times, but i think they're usually around 10am.

Also, I don't know if you'll have a car with you or not, but valet parking is a great option for days like this. It's $10, but you just pay once, then you can valet park at every hotel you visit all day (just make sure you tip a dollar or two at each resort). I don't usually valet park, but I think it's easier when you're visiting a bunch of different hotels all in one day. It gets to be ton of walking back and forth to the parking lot otherwise, and sometimes the self-parking lot is awfully far away from the front door.

Tink#64
09-12-2007, 11:38 PM
We love to visit the other resorts too! We make dinner ADR's for someplace we'd like to try at a resort that we'd like to see. We of course also have to check out the shops while we're there visiting also! It's always a fun evening for us!

Last year did WL & BW - cool!
Poly is awesome too!

Next trip we're having dinner at AKL - can't wait to check it out!:look:

Darbylew
09-12-2007, 11:44 PM
It is fun to resort hop. We love to go over to
the GF. We went over last year at Christmas
to see the life size gingerbread house in their
lobby. AKL has a great lobby. Enjoy looking
around. :thumbsup::mickey:

laprana
09-13-2007, 10:37 AM
We also love to resort hop and have done it every trip since 2005! There are so many to see that you can spend a day or two just going to all the resorts. They all have something different and unique to offer. Some of our must-sees are AKL, WL, BWI, GF and CR. I would highly recommend the Poly just to see the lobby alone. It is beautiful! The grounds are beautifully landscaped and it has really good shops and restaurants! It's fun to hop on the monorail and see those 3 resorts, plus, if you get off at CR, you can take the boat to WL and add that to your stops! Have fun! :mickey:

ncscgirl2005
09-13-2007, 11:44 AM
I recommend the Poly. We went there for breakfast one morning and I could have stayed there all day (or at least until i saw the entire resort). It is beautiful.

RBrooksC
09-13-2007, 11:53 AM
When my wife, son and I go next Thursday, when we get there and check into the hotel, we are going to do the resort hopping thingie. Since we are staying at the WL, we are going to take the boat to the CR and then ride the monorail to the Poly and the GF. Then we are going to go back to our hotel and take the car to the Boardwalk and maybe AKL. We should have enough time since we most likely will be at the WL by 10:30 AM.

I think Boardwalk is a neat resort because of the Boardwalk. It is nice and relaxing to walk on the boards and enjoy the day.

#1donaldfan
09-13-2007, 12:02 PM
I think everyone does this....at least eveyone I talk to does......we like GF / WL / POL.....it's fun to see how the other half lives.....

GhostHost999
09-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Don't miss the Poly...that place is amazing.
Of all the Monorail resorts (IMHO) this one has the decor that should not be missed. Even though I love the Contemporary, the Poly is probably the one I would pick.

Madame Leona
09-14-2007, 09:08 AM
I like going to the monorail resorts, which seems to be most peoples favorites, then head over to the boardwalk. There you can see Boardwalk Villas, Yacht Club and Beach Club. After that, head over to Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. That leaves you perfectly positioned for dinner in DTD. Just be prepared for resort envy. I love POFQ but ds (19 months now) wants to stay at the Grand Floridian on the next trip. It's the only resort I can get him to say yes to. I hate to tell him that it's not going to happen.

darthmacho
09-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Wow! We like to do that too!

On our first trip, we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, but also visited Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach Clubs, Swan & Dolphin, and the Poly.

Our second trip, we stayed at Coronado Springs, but also visited the Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, and the Poly.

On our third trip, we stayed at ASMusic, but also visited WLodge, Coronado, Contemporary, and the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

It's sort of the tradition to visit the WL, but on our next trip, I'm thinking of staying at Riverside, and visiting French Quarter, WL, Contemporary, and maybe a few others too! :mickey:

krorx
09-14-2007, 02:21 PM
This is something we did the last stay as we were at the Poly and I'd always wanted to see GF up close and personal. We had eaten at Chef Mickey's so we were able to see the Contemporary too. In previous trips we'd been to WL for dinner. I would like to check out AKL and perhaps the Yacht and Beach Club and Boardwalk. What fun!:mickey:

Mnchknbrat1982
09-16-2007, 11:52 PM
~Contemporary (Breakfast at Chef Mickey's)
~ Animal Kingdom Lodge (going to do CS lunch here day of AK)
~ Wilderness Lodge (Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe)
~ Grand Floridian
~ Polynesian
~ Boardwalk
~ Pop Century
~ Port Orleans Riverside (Dinner at Boatwright's)
~ Port Orleans French Quarter (Staying at)

These are the resorts I want to check out

princessM0m
09-17-2007, 11:00 AM
We usually stay at a value resort but I love visiting the Poly and the other resorts already mentioned above. However, for a different perspective, I would take a boat ride from DTD and check out the resorts along the waterway--SSR, OKW, POFQ, and POR. Double-check on when/how the boats operate.