PDA

View Full Version : Mother Daughter Only - live- Day 2

tbelle's dghtr
09-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Hey all!! I posted this last night, but for some reason, it didn't 'go-thru'... it wasn't here. So here goes again:

Cast: Me - 23, Disney Nut
Mom - still 25, Disney fanatic

All Star Movies 9/10 - 9/15
Hopper Pass with FREE dining

Hey All!! It's Tuesday, 9/11... a very sad day for America. We started off from ASMovies at about 8:45ish. We took a bus to Epcot and immediately noticed extra security, but there were no problems, so we headed right for Soarin'. We're trucking our way through the park and arrive at the Soarin' entrance when I realize that my lil wallet (that was hanging on a lanyard around my neck) is GONE!!! :confused: My heart starts pounding and we turn around to start re-tracing our steps. We got out to the entrance of The Land and Mom asked a cast member... who THANK GOODNESS said someone picked it up and turned it into another cast member who took it down to the desk by Soarin'. We RAN back downstairs and it was there (with everything, cash included, still inside). :joy::yay: Thank you to that person who turned it in!!! *whew*

Well, once my heartrate returned to normal, lol, we got in line for Soarin'. Great ride! On the way out, we snagged a fastpass for later. On a whim, we headed back out of Epcot and jumped a monorail to the Poly. We had a great breakfast of tonga toast and eggs benedict in a very empty Kona Cafe. After breakfast, we took the monorail over to the Grand Floridian to do some exploring. What a beautiful resort!! Reminds me of the Titanic, the way everything is white and gold and perfect. After this, it was back to Epcot where we Soared again, did the Living with the Land Attraction ( i think this is such a neat attraction!), then it was over to The Seas for Nemo's new ride which was very cute! I love the way they put the characters into the real tanks. But, the ride was so stuffy.. no air circulating at all. Then, we waited a bit and chatted with Crush. After this, Mom wasn't feeling too well :sick:. We think she was dehydrated and all that stuffy air didn't help. So we hopped the boat over to the World Showcase and I treated her to a Kaki-Gori in Japan. Yum!! We sat in the shade for a lil while, then went into the American Adventure. These a capalla singers are AMAZING. There is no other word! Wow... Being 9/11, they made a dedication and sand 'God Bless America', very moving! it made me proud to be an American. After this, we worked our way through the showcase, shopping, snacking, shopping etc. :mickey:
We had dining ressies at Rose and Crown at 8, so at about 7:40, we checked in and found that our reservations were for OCTOBER 11th. EEK!! We guess that the cast member who made our reservations typed in the wrong date. :pout: BUT... the very nice cast member said that she could put us on the wait list. So, we took a seat on the curb and began to wait. Then it started to rain, and we kept waiting. I guess the people who had a table inside (where it WASN'T raining wanted to stay dry) Finally, we decided to for-go the bangers and mash and head to the boardwalk. We've never been to the boardwalk... but we found it ok. We stopped into the bakery and spent a few of those snack points. :D Then, we walked, just checking out everything (the rain had subsided by this point), when mom wanted to go into the disney vacation club model room. Well, we got trapped, lol. Mike and Rich were the castmembers working, and chatted us up. Really nice guys, definitely kept us entertained. So, now we have an appointment at 8:10 am for the DVC to pick us up for our personalized Open House, lol. Should be fun though, they offered 3 fast passes each! Anyway, we finished up at the Boardwalk, and headed back through Epcot, taking our time (Epcot was closed at this point, but we were hoping the bus crowds would thin out), and eventually made it back to the bus stops. Tonight, the wait was only about 30 mins, as the busses were coming 2 at a time. We got back to the resort, filled our mugs, grabbed a counterservice dinner, and here we are... about 11:45pm. Guess what time it is?? Bedtime.:D Thanks for reading, and stay tuned. Tomorrow: Disney Vacation Club Open House, then Animal Kingdom & dinner reservations at Ohana.

Oh, and thanks for your comments! We <3 reading them. And HI AUNT JAYNE!! We love you!

For pics from today, visit: http://picasaweb.google.com/curlygirl1205/WDW907Day2

Wolf
09-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Thank you so much! Me and my mom are going in January and your trip reports are so wonderful it keeps us from going crazy waiting! Thank you very much from both of us!:thumbsup:

Christine
09-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Great pictures!

Thanks again for the live report...sorry you had to repost!

faline
09-12-2007, 09:29 PM
It's always so nice to hear that there are still honest folks out there! Glad you got your wallet back!

January-2007
09-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Eek!!! The CM made your dinner reservation for a month late! Glad you were able to make the best of it, and glad your wallet was found still intact, how scary! Thanks for sharing your vacation with us! Have a great day! :mickey:

BronxTigger
09-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Wow...a lost wallet and a lost ADR in the same day! You still managed to have a good day despite those snafus. I'm glad you got your wallet back with everything in it.

I think Mike was the DVC guy that trapped me last month! Lol!

You have some great photos. Thanks for sharing.

JoRy
09-13-2007, 11:01 AM
You know. If you have a dinner reservation for October 11 then obviously that means you need to go back to honor that reservation. It would be rude to skip the reservation, right?

Thanks for the report. Keep the fun coming.

T-BelleSis
09-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Glad to finally see your report, I was afraid the Yeti might have gotten you, lol! wow, scary time when you lost your wallet, but never fear..you're in the happiest place on Earth! The pics are great, Joey. It really is fun to see them while you are there. Are yall going to dress up for mnsshp? xxxJayne:mickey:

disneydrmr
09-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Even though you (almost) lost your wallet, and your ressie was lost.. you managed to find a bunch of fun! Your pictures are great! The duck one is so adorable.. looks like he was actually posing for you!

ChipnDaleGal
09-14-2007, 08:40 AM
What a relief that your wallet was found so quickly! Disney karma was with you for sure! :mickey: Sorry your dinner was messed up at Rose and Crown, but you two did a great job of just going with the punches. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
09-14-2007, 01:32 PM
thanks for sharing.

ElenitaB
09-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Glad to hear that you had a good day in spite of the snafus. BTW, you and your mom are too cute!

Hope you like the Boardwalk as much as we do! :mickey: It's one of my favorite places to stay.

#1disneyfan
09-17-2007, 01:08 PM
S0 glad you got your wallet back! And now the big question is will you and your mom buy the timeshare hmmmmmmmm :secret:!!
Going to read more! Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
09-19-2007, 03:06 PM
oh i am soooo glad you got your wallet back!! i would of been going crazy!!
other than that little scare...sounds like a good day!!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
09-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Thank goodness for the honest people in the world. What a great day it turned out to be.