PDA

View Full Version : Yak & Yeti/Donald's Breakfast Safari /Tusker House ADR's [Merged Threads]

JWDisneyFan
09-12-2007, 03:28 PM
I've read that the new Yak and Yeti and the Tusker house character buffet will be open in mid-November. Anyone know if they are taking reservations for these yet? When I tried a few weeks ago, they weren't. Just wondering if any one had tried recently.

Thanks!

Jaycee's Mom
09-12-2007, 05:03 PM
I know that the new Yak & Yeti restaurant does not open until Fall 2007, but are they accepting ADR's for 2008?? My 180 day mark is in 4 days and I would like to try it out in March. Does anyone know???

#1donaldfan
09-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Haven't tried lately, but from my past experience, you should try every single day....!!!! once it starts, they will go very quickly......

Hayden's Dad
09-13-2007, 09:35 AM
As of yesterday they were not taking reservations yet, but will keep trying.

TheRustyScupper
09-13-2007, 10:59 AM
1) Thought you all would like to know.
2) I spoke with Disney Dining.
3) And they proudly announced the date to start taking ressies.
4) The date is . . . "soon".

(LOL)

SingingLights
09-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanks! I have been waiting for someone to post the exact date for several weeks. Let me make sure I have it right.... SOON....right. Got it. When exactly is SOON? :funny:LOL LOL

I had to laugh when I read this post. It is so simuliar to the response I got from the CM when I called 3 weeks ago to make ADR. Keep me posted when you find out the exact date. Thanks!

LandFan
09-13-2007, 11:45 AM
That is so totally funny!:D Yep - that's the same response I've been getting...

Goofy Dad 13
09-13-2007, 03:01 PM
I called yesterday as well, and was given the same date.

Based on two seperate respeonses within the last 24 hours, we can all safely plan on calling "soon".

BMan62
09-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Does anyone have a tentative menu for Yak & Yeti?

TheRustyScupper
09-13-2007, 03:46 PM

The best we know is that they will have
. . . some protein
. . . some carbohydrate
. . . some dairy
. . . some none of the above

morange
09-14-2007, 09:22 PM
I called on 9/13/07 and they are not taking Advanced Reservations yet for Donalds Safari Breakfast. Hope they do soon. The character breakfast in MK with Pooh and Tigger was available for our December trip, but Chef Mickey's was booked solid the entire trip for breakfast. We were hoping to have breakfast with Mickey, but if we can't we are going to do the one in MK.

mermaidmarian
09-15-2007, 09:48 AM

Nope...but I am sure it will be out.....*soon*.

Jared
09-15-2007, 11:28 AM
Nope...but I am sure it will be out.....*soon*.
I'm disappointed because we wanted to try Yak & Yeti during the October anniversary celebration. Now we'll have to "settle" for Flame Tree Barbecue.

;)

BRJARE3
09-15-2007, 03:20 PM
I just called for Nov. 27th and they still do not have the info in the system. The CM told me to call every day to find out when it would start.

KronkHere
09-17-2007, 10:33 AM
I tried to make an ADR last Friday afternoon (09/14) - No luck and no info as to when they will start. Keep checking was the only advice she had for me...

61 days to go...
:pilgram::turkey:

SingingLights
09-17-2007, 07:33 PM
I just called and still no ADR for the Yak and Yeti. Stay tuned.

mouseketeer mom
09-17-2007, 07:40 PM
I called 3x to make adrs for Yak and Yeti for our Nov. trip. Its funny, all three CM's seemed annoyed by the question! They must get asked alot!

TheDuckRocks
09-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Called this morning, still no ADRs for Donald's!

TheRustyScupper
09-19-2007, 01:34 PM
1) Today, the CM said we can make ADR's "very soon".
2) That is a lot better than "soon".
3) You can tell we are about there.

4) The stages of making ADR's are
. . . "soon"
. . . "very soon"
. . . "very, very soon"
. . . "nigh about there"
. . . "just about there"
. . . "just around the corner"
. . . "any day now"
. . . "soon"

LebelJD
09-20-2007, 08:07 PM
I just called for Yak & Yeti, and it's still "very soon"...

ElenitaB
09-20-2007, 08:38 PM
This article was pubished in the most recent issue of DVC's magazine, Vacation Magic:

What time is it when a yak meets a yeti? Meal time! (At least for the yeti.) This fall, meal time goes Himalayan with the opening of the Yak & Yeti Restaurant inside Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. This Asian-fusion concept from Landry’s Restaurants (propietors of the Rainforest Café®) will feed Guests at the foothills of the “forbidden mountain” in the mythical village of Anandapur.

The venue’s storyline revolves around one of the Anandapur’s wealthiest merchants, whose faltering finances have forced him to turn his private home into a public hotel. Revenue form the hotel’s restaurant will be critical to helping the owner support his upper-crust lifestyle, evidenced by the expansive collection of artifacts displayed throughout his property, from sculptures to tapestries to 900-pound puppets. (Tat’s right, 900-pound puppets. Rich people have all the fun.) More artifacts dot the landscape outside, where fountains and a scared stone river add ambience to an open-air seating area and beer garden.

Beyond table-service dining, the two-story facility will include a quick-serve option and a Pan Asian retail shop offering everything from purses and incense to saris and teapots. (No word on whether the inventory will include giant puppets.)

While some details of the restaurant’s menu remain in development as this edition of your magazine goes to press, the proprietors have confirmed that smoked yak legs won’t be one of the specials. (Despite campaigning from some pretty frustrated turkeys.)

(Hope I'm not violating any copyright laws :blush: )

KronkHere
09-24-2007, 08:17 AM
As of 7:50am on 09/24/07 - still not taking ADRs and still no "definite" date - I couldn't even get a "very soon" or "soon" out of the reservationsist, just "call back..."

:bang:

54 and counting

mouseketeer mom
09-24-2007, 10:00 AM
As of 7:50am on 09/24/07 - still not taking ADRs and still no "definite" date - I couldn't even get a "very soon" or "soon" out of the reservationsist, just "call back..."

:bang:

54 and counting

Thanks! You saved me a phone call!

emfleck
09-26-2007, 11:14 AM
I was able to make an ADR today for Donald's Safari Breakfast for our December trip. The CM said they are calling it the Tusker House Character Breakfast. :donald:

I apologize that I didn't think to ask about the Yak & Yeti until after I hung up the phone so I'm not sure about that.

TheDuckRocks
09-26-2007, 11:56 AM
I was able to make an ADR today for Donald's Safari Breakfast for our December trip. The CM said they are calling it the Tusker House Character Breakfast. :donald

ME TOO!!!:donald::donald::donald:

BRJARE3
09-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Just wanted to let you know that they are now accepting reservations for the Tusker House. I was able to get one for Nov. 27th. Yeah!

JWDisneyFan
09-26-2007, 12:44 PM
I just got one for the Tusker House Breakfast on Dec 12th - The CM I talked to said that they just opened it up today and are taking lots of calls about it! For the day I wanted, the morning was wide open!

Eeyore's Pal
09-26-2007, 12:58 PM
I got mine too!

If you get a castmember who says they are not available yet, they may have to reboot their computer. Some of them logged in before the update took effect.

SurferStitch
09-26-2007, 01:09 PM
I am SOOOOOO glad I saw this thread today!! I had called yesterday about the Tusker House character breakfast, and was told no ADR's were being taken yet. I was going to wait a couple weeks to call back. Good thing I didn't!

I called today and got the time I wanted on 12/14 (8:15 am). WOO-HOO!!!
:donald::dale::chip::simba::stitch::mjump:

KronkHere
09-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Just made my ADR for 11/23 - The CM told me the entire morning was wide open and I had my pick of times...Also, the CM confirmed the characters to still be Donald, Daisy, Mickey, and Goofy.....but as always they are "subject to change"

51 days and counting

:eat::donald:

Hayden's Dad
09-26-2007, 02:58 PM
I JUST CALLED THE DINING HOTLINE AND SPOKE TO A WONDERFUL CM NAMED ROBIN AND SHE SAID THE TUSKER HOUSE WILL BE OPEN NOV 16 AND I WAS ABLE TO MAKE RESERVATIONS FOR DONALDS SAFARI BREAKFAST FOR NOV 28 AT 8:05:D:mickey:

tyandskyesmom
09-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Ooohhh, i gotta get right on that when I get outta here!

Hey, does anyone have a guess on what type of buffet Tusker House will be? Maybe an inside connection? I mean I am wondering if it is going to be along the lines of Boma at AKL. I'm sure it wouldn't be exactly like it but Boma is a big draw...do you think they will replicate in in AK? All meals are buffet, right? But characters are only at Breakfast, right? I think I need a lunch ADR...

97 more days!!!!

tomorrowschild
09-26-2007, 03:56 PM
I JUST CALLED THE DINING HOTLINE AND SPOKE TO A WONDERFUL CM NAMED ROBIN AND SHE SAID THE TUSKER HOUSE WILL BE OPEN NOV 16 AND I WAS ABLE TO MAKE RESERVATIONS FOR DONALDS SAFARI BREAKFAST FOR NOV 28 AT 8:05:D:mickey:That's great! Make sure that you post a dining review when you get back.

Eponine
09-26-2007, 03:56 PM
I was able to get my date/time I wanted to for December 9th.

Looking forward to trying something new.

rcaide
09-26-2007, 04:02 PM
I just called and got mine for December. I tried to make them last night, and the CM said they were not accepting them yet. What a difference a day makes:thumbsup:

tyandskyesmom
09-26-2007, 06:43 PM
I just booked lunch at 11:30am at Tusker House on 1-2-08...no wait on hold and tons of availability.

No news on Yak & Yeti.

Fisher was very nice but awefully pushy...and I am wondering about his knowledge bank...I was asking about noting the ADRs that we will be celebrating Tyler's 9th birthday for the duration of the 13 days and he did not quite sound like he knew what I was talking about. Very nice though!

morange
09-26-2007, 10:17 PM
I made my reservation today as well for 8:05AM on the Nov. 29th for the Tusker House Character breakfast. Glad that I checked this board because on another website it said that reservations would not be taken until 11/16. I could have read this wrong as I have a really bad day at work.

At least something went right today.

LoriMistress
09-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Tusker House and Donald's Breakfast Safari now accepting ADRs as of 9/26/07.

Just made my ADRs for 12/13 for DBS for 8:05am!

I did ask about Yak and Yeti and as of today, they were NOT taking ADRs yet.

amorillo
09-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Made my ADR for January 28th at 8:05am!!! For our group of 11!

Only 121 days to go!!!!

:jack: :figment: :ccat: :malef: :hmghost:

of course, I'm also waiting to hear any news on Yak & Yeti... be sure to let us all know as soon as anyone hears anything!!! I love this place! :rocks:

SurferStitch
09-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Made my ADR for January 28th at 8:05am!!! For our group of 11!

That's my birthday!!

Have an extra Mickey waffle for me, okay?

When I was making my ADR for Tusker House, I asked about Yak and Yeti. The CM said he heard that it would actually do a sort of soft opening in early December, so who knows?

LoriMistress
09-27-2007, 01:18 PM
As of today, 9/27/07, no ADRs for Yak and Yeti.

apequet
09-28-2007, 07:33 AM
Got mine too for Tuskar house for Dec 10 @ 10:30. My family are not early riser's, (husband works 3rd shift) so I've been trying to get the latest time's for breakfest. Chef Mickey's latest ADR for breakfest is 11:30, so alittle bummed it's not similar in times, but understand that Chef Mickey doesn't do lunch...only Breakfest and dinner, so they can do the later ADR's for breakfest. Oh well, 10:30 still isn't too bad. Just got to round them up early! Also asked CM and they said breakfest is the only time they are having characters. Thanks everyone! YIPPIE!!! 71 more days!:mickey:

wildernesslady
09-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Just got in on 11/28 at 9:30. There seems to be plenty of availability. Yeah. We can't wait to meet Donald. Does anyone know if they will have frunch?

Eeyore's Pal
09-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Just got in on 11/28 at 9:30. There seems to be plenty of availability. Yeah. We can't wait to meet Donald. Does anyone know if they will have frunch?

What is frunch?

LandFan
09-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Nothing yet on Yak & Yeti dates - I called today to order my MVMCP tix and the woman didn't even know it was supposed to exist in two months...

TheRustyScupper
09-28-2007, 03:01 PM
What is frunch?

WDW Meal sequences
. . . breakfast
. . . brunch
. . . lunch
. . . frunch *
. . . dinner
. . . snackee (snack early evening)
. . . late night snack
. . . sac (snack after partying)
. . . gnack (grumbellies snack) **

* Usually comprised of two Mickey Ice Cream Bars and a Coke
** Usually comprised of several Twinkies and left-over wine.

ElenitaB
09-28-2007, 03:43 PM
What is frunch?
One of the favorite items at the Boma buffet breakfast, Frunch is a juice blend, made of pineapple juice, orange juice, mango and lemonade. If you want to give it a try, ou can make it home, as the recipe (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/recipes/frunchjuice.asp) is on InfoCentral.

TTAtravler
09-29-2007, 04:40 PM
No Yak & Yeti today. I would be willing to bet a cup of frunch that they start taking ADRs on October 1.:secret:

SingingLights
10-01-2007, 09:19 PM
I just called and no dice, the Yak and Yeti is still not taking ADR but I did get a date it is opening, Nov 14th.

I'll keep calling:unsure:

LoriMistress
10-01-2007, 09:43 PM
I called today to order my MVMCP tix and the woman didn't even know it was supposed to exist in two months...Maybe she was a newbie on the floor?

amorillo
10-05-2007, 04:04 PM
BUMP...

Any news yet on Yak & Yeti?

LoriMistress
10-05-2007, 05:43 PM
The CMs at Disney Dining are telling guests that Yak and Yeti restaurant will NOT open until January 2008. They are pushing the date (again).