PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reviews - Counter Service & Snacks

AvonleaCF
09-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Casey's – good hot dog (reminded me of the ones they have at Costco, which are my favorite). I liked that they had onions and cheese sauce at the toppings bar. The fudge brownie was very fudgey and good. Only problem was not nearly enough tables.

Flame Tree – very good pulled pork and I loved sitting by the water across from Expedition Everest. I didn't care for the baked beans but the chocolate cake was good.

Pecos Bill – went here twice. First time had the double cheeseburger with fries which was good and huge. Second time I had the chicken wrap which I liked a lot more. It was also huge (couldn't finish). I love the topping bar here, which is why I went twice instead of going to Columbia Harbour House (which I also like). I used the computer to order the second time, which worked fine, but didn't give me a receipt, so I couldn't be sure I was charged correctly (I was, it turned out). Would have really upset me if I were paying with my own credit card.

Earl of Sandwich – I was here early so no line and plenty of tables. I had the original roast beef (no cheddar) and it was very good. I got a cupcake for dessert which was pre-packaged so I took it with me.

Cantina de San Angel – this wins the award for most food with your dining credit. I got the combination plate and it was so huge it looked like I barely touched it after I was full. And I got a churro for dessert which I only ate one bite of (too sugary for me). I love sitting by the water and the birds didn't bother me.

Sunshine Seasons – I got the ham & salami grinder which was huge! Big enough to share. I liked the dessert case and had a tough time deciding but wound up with Butterfinger cheesecake which was divine. I ate early so it wasn't crowded.

Riverside Mill – I had the turkey sandwich here and it was nice and big and the bread was fresh. I didn't care for the macaroni salad that came with it (though you could also get chips or grapes). I liked that you could pick any dessert and I got a Mickey rice crispy treat, which I ate a few days later (I was too full from the sandwich).

For snacks I had a Mickey ice cream bar, 1 pineapple Dole whip float, 1 pineapple & vanilla Dole whip, a bag of cinnamon raisin bagels that I picked up at the resort (I only ate half of them during the week), school bread in Norway, an ice cream sandwich at the Main Street Bakery, a piece of chocolate mint fudge (looked better than it tasted) and I created chocolate-dipped pretzels at Goofy's Candy Co. (best bang for the buck!). You can do three pretzels and have three completely different toppings. I did white chocolate with crushed peanut butter cups, dark chocolate with sprinkles, and milk chocolate with crushed Oreos.

SBETigg
09-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Excellent reviews. Thanks for sharing. I do wish Casey's had more seating.

disneydrmr
09-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Now that you have my tummy growling... :D Sounds like you ate like royalty this trip! Thanks for telling us all about it!

Crow
09-12-2007, 10:06 PM
m good stuff. im probably gonna try a few of these for my CS...

AvonleaCF
09-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Sounds like you ate like royalty this trip!

I did! I NEVER eat like that! And I didn't gain any weight!! :D

tinksmom02
09-12-2007, 10:12 PM
thanks for the info!

Glad to hear Goofy's is the "best bang!" Am planning to have something dipped when we go LOL Apple, pretzel...almost anything dipped in chocolate tastes good!

dolphinmickey9170
09-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Yummy!! Thanks so much. These sounded great.

January-2007
09-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the reviews! :thumbsup:

Crystal Palace
09-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Casey's – good hot dog (reminded me of the ones they have at Costco, which are my favorite). I liked that they had onions and cheese sauce at the toppings bar. The fudge brownie was very fudgey and good. Only problem was not nearly enough tables.

Flame Tree – very good pulled pork and I loved sitting by the water across from Expedition Everest. I didn't care for the baked beans but the chocolate cake was good.

Pecos Bill – went here twice. First time had the double cheeseburger with fries which was good and huge. Second time I had the chicken wrap which I liked a lot more. It was also huge (couldn't finish). I love the topping bar here, which is why I went twice instead of going to Columbia Harbour House (which I also like). I used the computer to order the second time, which worked fine, but didn't give me a receipt, so I couldn't be sure I was charged correctly (I was, it turned out). Would have really upset me if I were paying with my own credit card.

Earl of Sandwich – I was here early so no line and plenty of tables. I had the original roast beef (no cheddar) and it was very good. I got a cupcake for dessert which was pre-packaged so I took it with me.

Cantina de San Angel – this wins the award for most food with your dining credit. I got the combination plate and it was so huge it looked like I barely touched it after I was full. And I got a churro for dessert which I only ate one bite of (too sugary for me). I love sitting by the water and the birds didn't bother me.

Sunshine Seasons – I got the ham & salami grinder which was huge! Big enough to share. I liked the dessert case and had a tough time deciding but wound up with Butterfinger cheesecake which was divine. I ate early so it wasn't crowded.

Riverside Mill – I had the turkey sandwich here and it was nice and big and the bread was fresh. I didn't care for the macaroni salad that came with it (though you could also get chips or grapes). I liked that you could pick any dessert and I got a Mickey rice crispy treat, which I ate a few days later (I was too full from the sandwich).

For snacks I had a Mickey ice cream bar, 1 pineapple Dole whip float, 1 pineapple & vanilla Dole whip, a bag of cinnamon raisin bagels that I picked up at the resort (I only ate half of them during the week), school bread in Norway, an ice cream sandwich at the Main Street Bakery, a piece of chocolate mint fudge (looked better than it tasted) and I created chocolate-dipped pretzels at Goofy's Candy Co. (best bang for the buck!). You can do three pretzels and have three completely different toppings. I did white chocolate with crushed peanut butter cups, dark chocolate with sprinkles, and milk chocolate with crushed Oreos.

Thanks for posting that! I will be be eating at some of those places when I go in 16 days!!

Hot Dogs with cheese sauce sounds yummy!:tink::dumbo:

Samtastic
09-13-2007, 12:00 PM
..So...Hungry...

You have my mouth watering. I can't wait til I go. I loved Peco Bills when I went last time. Otherwise, i plan on trying most of those places. YUM YUM

16 Sundays to go!!

illini
09-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Hm... I've obviously missed an important-- and exciting-- change. Ordering from a computer? Sign me up! Weird about the receipt, though.

We're thinking of trying Cantina this trip-- sounds like we could share. Just not sure since DH is Mexican and he doesn't go for Tex-Mex type food. Might have to convince him, though.

I just added Goofy's Candy Co to our "must do" list. Thanks!

Bethis26fan
09-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Sounds great.

iheartmickey
09-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Fantastic review ... I'll use a lot of the information ... maybe we can share sandwhiches and save CS credits! :thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing! :mickey:

Mommy2boys
09-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Sounds like you did some good eating :)

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-14-2007, 09:11 PM
We also like the Flame Tree and Pecos Bills. I think we might have to try Casey's for that hot dog with cheese. Also since you said that the Cantina San Angel has huge portions we might have to split a meal there.

Thanks for the review!