PDA

View Full Version : Solo Trip Labor Day Week - 8 of 9

AvonleaCF
09-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Day 8, Saturday, September 8

Cast: Me, 24-years-young
Resort: Port Orleans Riverside
ADR: Kona Cafe

I decided to hit all my favorites on my last day. So I got up at 7:45am and headed to the Magic Kingdom at 8:30am (and was very sad when I opened the door and saw the Magical Express note...I wasn't ready to go back home!). At Magic Kingdom I did Space Mountain, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Thunder Mountain, and Splash (got soaked!) all by 10am. Then it was Pirates before saying goodbye to the Magic Kingdom for this trip. Sigh.

I took the Monorail to Epcot and got a Fastpass for Soarin' before going to Mexico for lunch. Huge amount of food, plus a churro, for one credit! Sitting by the water was so nice and the place was empty (it was just after 11am). I then did the boat ride and Test Track and then Soarin.' I then decided to see my friend Ellen, and saw the entire preshow, so the entire ride took 45 minutes. And then it was time to say goodbye to Epcot. Another sigh.

I took the bus to Animal Kingdom and grabbed a Fastpass for EE and then rode EE. Just couldn't get enough! Then I headed over to Dinoland but the Nemo musical was going to start in 5 minutes so I decided to see it. Very cute and well done. And now I know where the song in the Nemo ride in Epcot comes from! I swear that "Big, Blue World" song was stuck in my head worse than "Small World!"

When the show was over it was raining hard! Note to all: YOU can control the weather! After I bought that raincoat my first day I brought it with me every day, and it never rained a drop. This was the one day I didn't bring it and bam! It rains! :)

Because there was also lightening and thunder EE was shut down. Bummer! I waited out the worst of the rain in the shop and then decided to just leave. It was 4:30pm and the park closes at 5pm anyway. I took the bus to the Polynesian.

Because the bus took so long to get there and because it stopped at Blizzard Beach and the Contemporary first, it was 5:30pm before I arrived at the Poly. I was wet from the rain and it was FREEZING inside, so I went to the giftshop but then decided I'd rather be cold than spend $42 on a sweatshirt that I probably wouldn't wear much at home.

By now the rain had let up so I wandered the grounds of the Poly and took a rest on one of the chairs in the lobby. I was exhausted from not having a break that day. Plus I was wearing Crocs and I was getting blisters under my big toes (though my feet and legs did feel better wearing Crocs than they did the days I wore sneakers).

At 5 to six I checked in at Kona and was seated instantly despite being half an hour early (see dining section for full review).

After dinner I decided the best way to get back to POR would be to take the bus to Downtown Disney and then take the boat to Riverside. The bus stop was PACKED! And everyone was going to DD (Animal Kingdom and Studios were closed by now and you take the monorail to Magic Kingdom and Epcot).

I got to downtown and did just a quick stroll. By this point I was tired, had a bad headache, was dehydrated from not drinking enough water, and just wasn't feeling all that great since I normally eat healthy but all week had been eating so much junk and too many desserts. So I got on the boat and sailed back to Riverside.

I then packed and went to bed early, setting the alarm for 6am.

Next up: going home and final thoughts

disneydrmr
09-12-2007, 04:20 PM
What a shame you got rained out of your last ride on EE...

Sorry you are feeling sickly.. but at least it's the end of your trip and not the beginning...

faline
09-12-2007, 09:20 PM
The same thing seems to happen to me! If I drag around my rain gear all the time, it doesn't rain! The minute I don't have rain gear with me, it pours and I need to buy new ponchos!

Sorry your trip is coming to an end but at least you can return home with new kitty bowls!

January-2007
09-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the trip report! I'm worried about feeling sick by the end of our trip too, we eat so healthy at home... Hope you have a good last morning at the World!

BronxTigger
09-13-2007, 01:46 PM
You really got a lot done before it started to rain!

Off to read your last day. :(

DizNee143
09-13-2007, 03:43 PM
wow go you 3 parks and an extremely short visit to DTD in one day..you must of been exhausted!! sounded like a very eventful and productive day with everything you did..sad to know it was your last day though...

iheartmickey
09-13-2007, 08:34 PM
3 Parks, almost all the major rides ... I'd say you had an incredible adventure ... sorry you weren't feeling well. Sounds like you had a very nice time anyway. :mickey:

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
09-13-2007, 10:44 PM
what a busy last day.

ChipnDaleGal
09-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Last days are so sad, but my goodness you sure packed yours full of fun things. Too bad about that rain. Thanks for reporting. :mickey: