PDA

View Full Version : Solo Trip Labor Day Week - 7 of 9

AvonleaCF
09-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Day 7, Friday, September 7

Cast: Me, 24-years-young
Resort: Port Orleans Riverside
ADR: Concourse Steakhouse

Today I headed over to the Magic Kingdom first thing in the morning. The Magic Kingdom was closing at 6pm this night for Night of Joy so I expected high crowds. Wrong! It was nice and quiet!

I decided to start in Fantasyland since usually the lines there are so long (but first I walked through the main shop looking for cat bowls, but no luck). I did Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh and then Space Mountain and Stitch and the TTA and Thunder and Splash and Pirates and the Jungle Cruise twice (my first skipper was a dud). After lunch (at Pecos again; had the chicken wrap) I took a spin on the train and then left.

I got off the bus at French Quarter, just to have a look around. It was nice, but I like the décor of Riverside better (and no, the giftshop didn't have any cat bowls!). In fact the gift shop there wasn't nearly has big and had very little. I then walked back to Riverside, which was plesant, but it was so hot out!

When I got back I took a short swim and shower and a bit of a nap and then took the bus back to the Magic Kingdom and then took the Monorail (my first Monorail ride of the trip!) to the Grand Floridian to have a look around. Pretty resort!

Then back on the Monorail to the Contemporary for dinner at the Concourse. While waiting I went into the gift shop and eureka! The cat bowls! Tons of them! I bought 3 (one for water, dry food, and wet food) but the cashier said they don't ship to other resorts, which bummed me because I didn't want to carry them in a park that night. She suggested I have guest relations at the park I go to hold them.

After dinner (see dining section for full review) I hopped on the Monorail to Epcot, and the package area of guest relations happily held them for me (which was great since I didn't have to rent a locker). Burden free, I went to the Land and did Soarin' (no wait) and then Test Track twice in a row (no wait in single rider line). When I went to Figment I thought they were closed cause no one was around! I had the entire 4-car train to myself. Then I decided to call it a night and leave before Illuminations.

Next up: last whirlwind day

disneydrmr
09-12-2007, 04:16 PM
SUCCESS!!!!! I'm so happy you found the cat bowls! and how cute that you bought three of them! I bet your kitty loves them! You are really lucking out on the small crowds! This has been one great trip for you!

faline
09-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Low crowds and a quest fulfilled! Can't get any better than that! Congrats on finding bowls for your kitty!

January-2007
09-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the trip report! :mickey:

BronxTigger
09-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Yay!!! So glad you found the cat bowls!! :number1:

Aww, I'm sad your trip is coming to an end. I've been enjoying your trip reports. Thanks for sharing them with us.

DizNee143
09-13-2007, 03:30 PM
yay the cat bowls..im so glad you were able to find them again!! i just hope you remembered to pick them up at epcot...
sounds like a nice day you had..:mickey:

iheartmickey
09-13-2007, 07:48 PM
I was really starting to get worried you'd never find the cat bowls! I'm so glad you finally found them! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
09-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Yea you found your cat's bowls.

ChipnDaleGal
09-14-2007, 03:25 PM
:yay: Success with the cat bowls!!

Being a Star Trek nerd, I have to point out that I was excited about the title of your thread for this day! (Seven of Nine was a character on Star Trek Voyager) :blush:

Thanks for another great report!!