PDA

View Full Version : Solo Trip Labor Day Week - 6 of 9

AvonleaCF
09-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Day 6, Thursday, September 6

Cast: Me, 24-years-young
Resort: Port Orleans Riverside
ADR: Biergarten

I wanted to go back to Animal Kingdom so I could ride the Safari and do EE a couple more times.

I arrived at the park a bit after opening, and did the loooong walk to EE, which I grabbed a Fastpass for and then rode. Then I did the Safari with no wait (the parks were really quiet!) and had an amazing view of the lion. We also managed to save Little Red (surprise, surprise).

Then I did EE with my Fastpass and left the park to go to Epcot. The bus arrived right away and I was the only passenger! It was a bit eerie.

Once I got to Epcot I immediately went to the Land got a Fastpass for Soarin' and then had lunch at Sunshine Seasons. I had the ham & salami grinder (HUGE!) and it took me forever to decide on a dessert, they all looked so good! I got Butterfinger cheesecake and oh man it was so good! I then rode the Land boat ride and did Soarin' and then cut through Mouse Gears (but no cat bowls! I nearly cried). I did a quick stop in Club Cool but there was no Smart Watermelon, and that's my favorite! Another disappointment!

I then went to Test Track and walked right on using the single rider line. Then I did Mission Space on the Orange team and walked right on and then decided to try the Green side, just see the difference (it wasn't as good). I would have done this ride more but I got really sick of the loooong preshow.

Then I did Nemo and Turtle Talk and took my time in the aquarium. Then I made my way over to the World Showcase and took my time exploring all the countries. I tried schoolbread in Norway, which was a bit too heavy for me (I should have gotten a kaki gori instead). I pretty much ate all the custard out from the middle and threw away the rest, haha.

At this point I was exhausted. It was incredibly hot and I didn't take an afternoon nap today. I went to the 5:15pm showing of the American Adventure but didn't manage to fall asleep.

It was now time for my ADR at Biergarten. I wasn't wild about the food, but I had really great company which made the meal very enjoyable (see dining section for full review).

I then finished my tour of the showcase and made my way to the exit. I checked to see if I could find the cat bowls at my resort one last time (no luck) before showering and crashing into bed.

Next up: Magic Kingdom and Epcot

disneydrmr
09-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Oh no! No cat bowls! I find myself crossing my fingers for you to find them before trip's end...

faline
09-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Other than your futile quest for a cat bowl, you accomplished much!

January-2007
09-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks for reporting! :mickey:

BronxTigger
09-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Sounds like you had a great day, minus the cat bowl fiasco. Off to read more!

DizNee143
09-13-2007, 03:21 PM
yet another great day..your days have really been so nice and sound like fun...glad the crowds went down!!
i really hope you find the cat bowls again by the end of your trip..:mickey:

iheartmickey
09-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Butterfinger cheesecake!?!?!?! Yummy! That sounds fantastic! I guess we know where we'll be eating for lunch one day! LOL! Sounds like you had a lot of fun ... a few disapointments (no cat bowl and no smart watermelon) :(. Still sounds like you're really enjoying your self!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
09-13-2007, 10:19 PM
thanks for sharing

ChipnDaleGal
09-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Cat bowl quest aside, it sounds like another really fun day for you. Thanks for sharing. :mickey: