PDA

View Full Version : Solo Trip Labor Day Week - 5 of 9

AvonleaCF
09-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Day 5, Wednesday, September 5

Cast: Me, 24-years-young
Resort: Port Orleans Riverside
ADR: Wolfgang Puck Cafe

Today was my scheduled day off from the parks, which I enjoyed by sleeping until after 9am and doing some laundry in the sink (I had Tide sink packets).

I went to the bus stop around 10am and waited through a cycle of all other buses until one for Downtown came, and then we first stopped at Typhoon Lagoon. After finally getting to the Marketplace I started browsing all the shops. I made my way over to the pet area, but no cat bowls! Tons of dog bowls but none for cats! I figured I'd just get them at World of Disney. I did more browsing at all the shops (except WoD, which I was saving for last) and had lunch at Earl of Sandwich! Yumm-o! I had the original without the cheddar and a cupcake for dessert, which I put in my bag and didn't eat until the next day.

I then went to Basin and got 3 small bath bombs (I've never tried them before) and then went to World of Disney. I lingered in there for a long time and enjoyed watching all the little girls after they had been made up (Disney is pure genious on that one...I'm just glad I don't have a little girl cause it's so expensive!).

When I went over to the section with the pet stuff I was saddened to discover no cat bowls. :( The guy at information said they were all out but the theme park shops might have them. I wound up buying a cat placemat to put her food bowls on, a cat toy that lights up, and a t-shirt for myself to sleep in (the purple one that had Sorcerer Mickey and says "where magic lives").

I then took the boat back to Riverside (love that boat!) and went through the gift shop (no cat bowls...) and then wandered around the grounds of the resort before going back to my room and changing to go swimming. The quiet pool next to Oak Manor was closed for maintenance, so I went to the one on the other side of Magnolia Terrace. It was blissfully empty, but it was also so hot out I got sunburned on the parts I had missed with sunscreen. Ouch!

Then I showered and changed and took the boat back to the marketplace and wandered the shops again (no cat bowls...) and then walked over to the West Side for my ADR at Wolfgang's (see dining section for full review).

I decided to call it an early night so I headed back to the boats. But first I went to Goofy's Candy Co. and decided to use a snack credit on a make-your-own creation. I chose the pretzels because you get three and can do three completely different toppings. I did white chocolate with crushes peanut butter cups, dark chocolate with sprinkles, and milk chocolate with crushed Oreos. These were so big and sweet I wound up just having a bite every night and then threw them away (too crumbly and messy for packing). But what a great use of a snack credit!

When I got back to POR I wrote some postcards in the room and went to bed early.

Next up: Animal Kingdom & Epcot

disneydrmr
09-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Sorry your quest for Cat bowls came up empty! But I have a feeling you will finish this quest successfully! :D Ouch on the sunburn! Hope it didn't bother you too badly

faline
09-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Don't you just hate it when you can't find what you want to buy?!

Sounds like a nice relaxed day!

January-2007
09-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the trip report!

BronxTigger
09-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day in the middle of your trip.

I hope you find that cat bowl!

DizNee143
09-13-2007, 03:10 PM
i had a feeling thats where it was gonan go with the cat bowls..i hope you get back to Epcot and just buy them were you first saw them!!..sounds like a nice lazy day at DTD and hanging out by the pool!! :mickey:

iheartmickey
09-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Sounds like a wonderful shopping day.
I'm sorry you didn't spot those cat bowls at any of the shopping places ... I've BTDT when shopping! LOL!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
09-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Sounds like a nice shopping day.

ChipnDaleGal
09-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Bummer about those bowls. I hope you found them later in your trip. What a perfect day of relaxing - sleep, swim and shop!! :mickey: