PDA

View Full Version : Solo Trip Labor Day Week - 4 of 9

AvonleaCF
09-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Day 4, Tuesday, September 4

Cast: Me, 24-years-young
Resort: Port Orleans Riverside
ADR: Boma

I was very much looking forward to today as I knew the crowds would die down considerably, and I was right!

I got the Magic Kingdom in time for the opening show and then started in Tomorrowland, doing Space Mountain, Buzz, Carousel of Progress, the TTA, and the Monsters Comedy Show (very cute). I also took the time to browse some shops.

Then I went to Fantasyland for Mickey's Philharmagic and then I grabbed a Fastpass for Thunder and had lunch at Pecos Bill (cheeseburger with all the fixings and I loved the peanut butter mousse). I was too full to go right onto Thunder, so I took the raft over to Tom Sawyer Island and wandered around (I really like it over there). Back on mainland I did Thunder, then Pirates, and then Jungle Cruise (I had a really good skipper). I also browsed a lot of the shops.

For a snack I went to the Main Street Bakery and got a freshly made ice cream sandwich. Oh my yummy! I couldn't finish it. I then browsed all the shops on Main Street.

Then I headed back to POR for a nap (my favorite part of the day!). I had an ADR for Boma so I took the boat to Downtown Disney (great boat ride!) and then got a bus for the Animal Kingdom Lodge. My dinner was wonderful (see dining section for full review).

After I took the bus back to Magic Kingdom. I took the train to Frontierland and got a Fastpass for Thunder, and then got in the stand-by line (it was a walk-on). It was nice riding at dusk! Then I walked back over to Jungle Cruise and really enjoyed riding at night. Then I did Pirates, and then I did Splash, which had no one in line (I don't cope well with the drop so I don't ride it much, even though I love the rest of the ride). Then did Thunder at night and it was great!

I enjoyed walking around the park in the cool of the evening and walked right onto Snow White and then made by way over to Main Street for Wishes. Oh my it was amazing!! I had never seen it before. Afterwards I didn't want to get caught in the mass so hung out on a fence next to a snack vendor and amused myself by watching people spend $10 on a box of popcorn and 2 sodas and not bat an eye at the price.

Finally I made way out and to the bus (and thankfully they had separate busses for Riverside and French Quarter). I didn't get back until after 11pm.

Next up: Downtown Disney

disneydrmr
09-12-2007, 04:05 PM
You are a wise woman to make naps a part of your day! With all you are doing each day I'm sure you've been needing them! I"m enjoying these reports and am off to the next one! :D

January-2007
09-12-2007, 08:52 PM
That is too cool that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was a walk on in the evening! I am so excited! We will be there in a few short days... Thanks for the trip report. :thumbsup:

SandmanGStefani24
09-12-2007, 09:05 PM
awesome reports! i loved reading them, and now feel very reassured that someone close to my age is also doing a solo trip! great reading material for someone about to embark on a similar journey!

faline
09-12-2007, 09:49 PM
It's been a long time since I've gone to Tom Sawyer's Island. I think a trip there is overdue!

Nice day!

jiifigment
09-13-2007, 12:04 AM
I'm enjoying reading your reports. We ate at Boma on the 4th too! It is indeed a small world! :mickey:

raevnzno
09-13-2007, 12:41 AM
reports are getting better n better. and Boma is my favorite place to eat!

BronxTigger
09-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Ugh. You are making me want to go back so bad. And I just got home a few weeks ago. *sighs*

At least I will have a 1 Day park hopper next month!!

DizNee143
09-13-2007, 02:02 PM
wow again you sure did do alot today at the MK!!..and yumm..you gotta love that main street bakery..they have so many yummy things!!! :mickey:

iheartmickey
09-13-2007, 07:14 PM
WOW another great day! It sounds like so much fun ... thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
09-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Thanks for sharing another great day.

Vintage Disney
09-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Yum, the peanut butter mousse sounds good. I'll have to try that. DH loves the ice cream cookie sandwiches on Main Street. :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
09-14-2007, 03:02 PM
You make a solo trip sound very tempting - doing just what you want, when ever you want. :thumbsup: