PDA

View Full Version : Solo Trip Labor Day Week - 2 of 9

AvonleaCF
09-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Day 2, Sunday, September 2

Cast: Me, 24-years-young
Resort: Port Orleans Riverside
ADR: Cape May Cafe

I woke up at 7:45am and got ready. Today would be Magic Kingdom day! I grabbed the bus from the east depot and discovered that in the morning the buses stop at the main stop last! This turned out to be great because I always got a seat in the morning since most people got the bus from the main stop.

The bus arrived about 5 minutes prior to opening, so I missed the opening show, but was at the rope to Tomorrowland just before it was dropped. I rode Space Mountain and then got a Fastpass for it on my way out. Then I did Buzz (which I'm terrible at) and then went over to Fantasyland to do Winnie the Pooh, Snow White, Peter Pan, and Small World. Haunted Mansion was still closed so I went to Thunder Mountain. Very long line! About 20 minutes and it was only 10:30am. After I did Pirates even the line for that was long! Crowds were quite high until I got past Labor Day. I've never seen a Pirates movie but I liked the enhancements. I then decided I was hungry so I went to Casey's. Never been there before but I liked it! The brownie was amazing, haha. Then I went to Space Mountain with my Fastpass and then rode the TTA.

After Tomorrowland I crossed over Main Street and back to Adventureland for a Dole Whip float. Yum! At this point it was 1pm and very, very hot, so I decided to leave. I got back to the resort and went to the main pool, which was way too loud and crowded, so after 10 minutes I went to the quiet pool next to Oak Manor. MUCH better! I hung out at the pool for about half an hour and then showered and rested for a while.

My ADR was at the Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club, so I went to the bus stop and took the first bus that came (which happened to be Magic Kingdom) and then transferred to the Beach Club (and it was right there waiting for me, how nice!).

After a nice dinner (see dining section for full review) I decided to walk into the World Showcase. I toured the countries, stopping to see Impressions de France and ride Maelstrom and El Rio del Tiempo (or whatever it's called now). I don't like the new version as much, and they got rid of the song! I loved that song!

Anyway after I got off the boat it was 5 minutes until Illuminations so I found a spot and enjoyed the show. Then I held back until the throngs of people went away, stopping in shops on my way to the exit (still eying those cat bowls!).

I had a long wait for the bus but finally was able to get on. I got off at the main stop so I could run into the store before it closed: I needed dental floss because my travel one didn't have any left and I didn't know it until that morning! So I got floss and used a snack credit to buy a bag of cinnamon raison bagels for breakfasts (great deal!).

Next up: Animal Kingdom & MGM

disneydrmr
09-12-2007, 03:56 PM
You are really getting a lot done... you keep eyeing that kitty dish... should we take bets on whether you hold out until your planned shopping day? :D

January-2007
09-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the trip report! :thumbsup:

faline
09-12-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm terrible at Buzzz also! You'd think I would do much better with all the assistance provided here on Intercot but, alas, my score remains so very low!

cal5755
09-12-2007, 10:21 PM
It seems you get more done as a solo!! Great trip so far!!

raevnzno
09-13-2007, 12:36 AM
I'm loving these reports. Especially since I'm currrently knocking around the idea of a solo trip myself, and had decided if I did it, I'd choose the same resort.

Glad you're haveing such a good time. :marg:

BronxTigger
09-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Sounds like another great day!

I'm in suspense about that cat bowl. I don't understand why you just didn't buy it when you got the rain coat and the postcards....I have to read more to find out when/if you got it!

DizNee143
09-13-2007, 12:55 PM
what a great day at MK and Epcot..you sure did manage to get a lot done today...
i wonder if you ever buy the cat bowls!?! lol
:mickey:

Bethis26fan
09-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Sounds like another great day.

iheartmickey
09-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Sounds like a fantastic day. You really seem to get a lot done, yet seems like you're not too rushed and relaxing too! :mickey:

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
09-14-2007, 10:01 AM
I have the kitty bowls that you keep looking at and my three cats really like drinking special Disney water everyday! ;)

Sounds like a fun day. Thank you for reporting. :mickey: