PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Sig. Dining on WDW property??

faberj
09-12-2007, 01:32 PM
I am looking for the food, atmosphere, and service all to be top notch. I want to do one really nice meal while we are there next year.

Thanks!!

SBETigg
09-12-2007, 02:08 PM
We had a great experience at California Grill (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=114779). I would consider it.

luvMickey4life
09-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Our favorite was Le Cellier Steak House in Canada (Epcot). If you have the meal plan it's the best deal - you get so much for the price you pay.

Simba'sBud
09-12-2007, 03:07 PM
I would have to say the California Grill. My wife and I ate here last year for our anniversary and requested a window seat so that we could see Wishes from our table. The presentation of the food was superb, the atmosphere romantic, and the view almost unmatched anywhere on the property. After we ate, we walked out on the terrace and looked down over the MK. Oh yeah, we also watched the Electric Water Pageant while we were eating. They don't pipe music in for the pageant but do for Wishes. We hope to do this again next year!

TexasPrincessAurora
09-12-2007, 03:42 PM
The absolute best would be Victoria and Alberts, but if you aren't wanting to do something quite that high end here are my suggestions...

Narcoossee's
Artist Point
Jiko

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-12-2007, 07:39 PM
The best sign. restaurant for my husband and I is "Artist Point" at The Wilderness Lodge.
If you like/love game you'll enjoy this restaurant. We love their bison for the main course and elk for an appetizer. Considerate it as one of your choices, you can't go wrong here.:number1:

Polynesian Dweller
09-12-2007, 07:45 PM
We love Le Cellier but the overall best (outside of Victoria and Alberat's ultra high end) is likely Narcoosee's. Its a lesser known gem of a place right on the water with a view of Magic Kingdom. Our choice used to be California Grill until we found this place.:mickey:

jenperich
09-12-2007, 07:51 PM
The best sign. restaurant for my husband and I is "Artist Point" at The Wilderness Lodge.
If you like/love game you'll enjoy this restaurant. We love their bison for the main course and elk for an appetizer. Considerate it as one of your choices, you can't go wrong here.:number1:

If you've never had "wild" game, so therefore don't know if you like it, will you still like Artist Point? We have an ADR there and I'm just checking. :-) Thanks for the help.

limegreenmonorail
09-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Another vote for Artist Point! Awesome food, nice, quiet, beautiful restaurant with great service. Really, most food they have is "normal". There are a few dishes that are considered wild game, but I think the most unusual dish that I noticed there was buffalo, which isn't really all that unusual. Get the pork chop...I swear it's the best you'll ever have in this lifetime.

I've been to Jiko, too, but I have to say that while it was good, Artist Point way surpasses Jiko in my book.

Clotho
09-12-2007, 09:24 PM
I vote for the hidden gem, Narcoossee's as well! We have been to CG and this last trip we hit Narcoossee. The view of the kingdom was gorgeous, and food delicious. Good wine list, too. Not too big, but great options.

TheRustyScupper
09-13-2007, 10:46 AM
I think Shula's is the best, next to V&A.

Natazu
09-13-2007, 01:12 PM
On the Dining Plan, California Grill
Off the Dining Plan, Vicky's

Crow
09-13-2007, 06:02 PM
this trip i will b doing 2 favs, CG & AP. been a few yrs since AP; tried CG in May. they are tied for me. Ill also be trying Yachtsman for the first time so will report on that.
Jiko wasnt bad either but i would rank it below CG & AP.
AP buffalo was good as was the salmon. Im dining w an Imagineer this trip.
at CG i had the Pork Loin which wasnt bad...the sushi was fantastic.

Mfarquar
09-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Hands down, The California Grill. The food is fantastic, the wine list is impressively extensive and the service is impeccable. Best of all, it is a very creative menu that provides delicious results. Easily on par with New York City's best.

The filet mignon was perfection, as was the salmon dish my fiance (now husband) had. The chilled tomato soup was amazing, as was the mozzarella and tomato stack appetizer (no cheap, salty mozzarella here). Their desserts were out of this world.

I cannot stress enough what a wonderful dinner my fiance and I had there last fall. We were on the DDP and were still treated to only the best. We requested a window table and our wish was granted - we got there early enough to watch the sunset as they prepared our table and got to view MK's Wishes during dessert!

I have been to pretty much every other signature restaurant, and this one is my favorite - Narcoosee's had been our favorite, but CG knocked it out of first place. The only one I can't compare fairly is V&A's. It's been too long since I've been there. Although, I do remember they had the best chocolate souffle I've ever tasted!

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-13-2007, 06:48 PM
If you've never had "wild" game, so therefore don't know if you like it, will you still like Artist Point? We have an ADR there and I'm just checking. :-) Thanks for the help.

Yes, you will still like Artist Point. There are other choices besides game. The pork chops are also one of my favorites and the salmon.:mickey:Hope you end up going, you'll love it!!!!!!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-13-2007, 11:00 PM
On our last trip (2004) we did three signature restaraunts; Artist Point, Yachtsman Steakhouse and Hollywood Brown Derby.

Other posters have already described AP, and all I can say is that we are going back to WDW in November and I already have ADR's for AP.

Yachtsman had great steaks and it's in the Boardwalk area so a nice place to stroll around both pre and post dinner.

Hollywood BD was good (at MGM) but I wouldn't put it in the same class as the other signature restaraunts.

Kairi_7378
09-15-2007, 04:36 PM
CA Grill rocks! Read Sherri's review... she does it more justice than I could. :wine:

Jared
09-15-2007, 05:42 PM
California Grill on the top floor of the Contemporary offers arguably the best dining experience in Walt Disney World. Disregarding the food and atmosphere for a moment, the view is absolutely incredible.

I can't think of a better meal than dinner at California Grill during Wishes.

SurferStitch
09-16-2007, 10:44 PM
I have to go with Narcoossee's. It's our very favorite signature restaurant. We eat there every time we go to WDW. They have awesome lobster.

If you can do V&A, well, that's the very best. We love it there, and try to go every trip, but we have missed a couple visits over the past 11 years.

mouseketeer mom
09-17-2007, 06:50 AM
We are trying California Grill for the first time in November after reading so much about it on these boards! We are bringing the kids, 13, 11 and 8. I'm excited to see what all the fuss is about! We are eating on the earlier side tho, so we will not be there for Wishes.