PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stayed in a Villa???

SueQ
09-12-2007, 12:37 PM
We are thinking of trying to stay in one of the Villas next year. My mom would actually like to stay in the Wilderness Lodge ones. There will be 4 adults and we like having a kitchen to cook some meals. What are your thoughts on the villas?? Are they worth the money?? If we can't get one we're gonna stay in a cabin at Fort wilderness.

Maleficent's Dad
09-12-2007, 01:10 PM
We've stayed in villas numerous times as DVC members (so I can't speak as to the price you'll have to pay).

We stayed at the Villas at the WL 2 weeks ago. We love the convenience of the kitchen and the laundry right in your own room.

We used the fridge for drinks and some food. We ate b'fast in the room most days (CP was the one exception) and even made simple dinners twice (pasta, mac & cheese).
The kitchens are well equipped and you could easily prepare elaborate meals if you were so inclined.

The laundry machines in the room are fabulous, especially with families. We pack much lighter, and throw in wash daily. We brought some small bottles of liquid Tide ($1 for a 4 load bottle from Target) which helped as they give you ONE box of detergent (powder) when you first check in. Not sure if you'd get more if you're not in DVC.

The bathroom is also great with a large hot tub - it's a whirlpool tub and the kids LOVE it.

Love the ambiance of the VWL. Great theme throughout and very calm place - as opposed to the "main lodge" next door which is a bit more noisy and bustling.

Once you stay in a villa, you get really spoiled. You'll never want a 'regular' room again! :mickey:

DVC Mike
09-12-2007, 01:11 PM
We love the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge, so much that we bought points there!

Magnificently rendered theme - probably the best!
Quiet, peaceful and romantic setting
Smallest DVC resort at WDW
Just a boat ride away from Magic Kingdom
Attached to a deluxe resort hotel (WL)
Award winning restaurant (Artist Point) plus Whispering Canyon Café
Silver Creek Springs feature pool
Fire Rock Geyser
Valet parking and Room service
A studio is 356 sq ft and has 1 Queen and 1 double size sleeper sofa, while a 1-BR is 727 sq ft and has 1 King and 1 Queen size sleeper sofa.

SueQ
09-12-2007, 03:33 PM
We love the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge, so much that we bought points there!

Magnificently rendered theme - probably the best!
Quiet, peaceful and romantic setting
Smallest DVC resort at WDW
Just a boat ride away from Magic Kingdom
Attached to a deluxe resort hotel (WL)
Award winning restaurant (Artist Point) plus Whispering Canyon Café
Silver Creek Springs feature pool
Fire Rock Geyser
Valet parking and Room service
A studio is 356 sq ft and has 1 Queen and 1 double size sleeper sofa, while a 1-BR is 727 sq ft and has 1 King and 1 Queen size sleeper sofa.

Does the studio have a kitchen area?? I take it a studio is just a one room with no bedroom?? We may go for a 1 bedroom. 2 adults have the bedroom and the other 2 sleep on pull-out sofa.

Seasonscraps
09-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Studios have a kitchenette area with a microwave, toaster, fridge and small sink. They don't have a washer or dryer either.

DVC Mike
09-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Does the studio have a kitchen area?? I take it a studio is just a one room with no bedroom?? We may go for a 1 bedroom. 2 adults have the bedroom and the other 2 sleep on pull-out sofa.

The studio is pretty much a hotel room with a microwave, coffee maker, under the counter refrigerator, ceiling fan, wet bar, and vacuum cleaner.

The 1-BR is much larger and has a fully-equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, and a whirlpool tub. There's just two of us, but we typically stay in a 1-BR.

mouseketeer mom
09-12-2007, 08:48 PM
We stayed in the WL villas in February. We had a 2 BR since there are 5 of us and it was HUGE. I didn't love the "feel" of the villas compared to other brighter, more bustling resorts that we have stayed at (like the Poly;) )But having the laundry was terrific. I did not pack detergent and I did request extra boxes daily and housekeeping gave them to us! Mousekeeping did such a terrific job, and that was a huge place to clean. It was super quiet in the villas. Honestly, I think you could hear a pin drop.

SueQ
09-13-2007, 09:49 AM
There will be four of us but I think the 1-bedroom will be enough since there is a sleep sofa. The laundry in the room would be awesome. Last time we did laundry half way through vacation in the laundry facility at Fort Wilderness. That wasn't bad but in the room would be so much better. We're hoping for a villa. We're gonna book with a cabin and check for a villa later (since you can only book them 6-7 mos ahead). We're not going until Oct/Nov 2008. I'll be spending my birthday in Disney...Woo Hoo :party: