09-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Cast Members:

Me (Heather)
DS (Matt)
DD#1 (Courtney)
DD#3 (Emily)

Sunday, August 19th, 2007, Day 8 Part 2
Departure Day

Well the time had come to say goodbye! I have a hard enough time, but throw Emily into the mix and I become a basket case! As we are making our way down Main St. for the final time of the trip, Emily begins, "I'm not ready to go yet!" I explain for the umpteenth time that we have to go, that Daddy and Ashleigh are waiting for us, and everybody has something going on that we need to get back home for. She's not having any of it! She wants to know why we can't just keep staying at the hotel, and I tell her that it is time to give other people a turn. She understands this a bit better, but she really does not want to leave. It's about breaking my heart.

We arrive back at the Yacht Club for the final time and I call for our checked luggage. The girls go inside to the kiddie area to watch cartoons, while I wait for the luggage and for Matt to return. It is not long before we are all loaded in the car. We still need to eat dinner, and rather than try to find some place along the road, I decide we will have our final meal at a resort Food Court. I ask the kids what they prefer, and they opt to try Old Port Royale at Caribbean Beach. We make our way over there and check in with the guard. He tells me I am in the wrong resort, but I tell him we just want to visit for a short while and he lets us go. Matt and I had checked this resort out last year, but Courtney had never been here, and she thought it was very pretty, another of her to do list someday. Courtney and I cose Turkey BLT's, Emily had a chicken drumstick, and Matt went for the pizza. He accidently ordered 2, so we took one with us to snack in the car along the way.

We finished up about 6:45 and called Ron to let him know we were on our way. Everyone was sad as we passed through the gates. How come they look so much better from the other side?;) Emily started up again, and the tears were streaming down my face once again! As I moved futher down the road, I was getting better. Once I am back out in the real world, I know that the vacation is really over, and now I just want to get home.

Originally, I thought I would stop overnight on the way back, but that was really not an option now, as Matt had made an appointment with his college counselor for the 21st. We would not make it if we spent the night somewhere. When I left I had about a 12 tank of gas, so right before we got on 95, I stopped for more in Daytona. Once again, our next stop was in Santee, SC. I chose a different station this time, and after I got the gas, I went in to get a drink. Coutney asked for one too, and asked for a Fanta. I asked which kind and she said whatever, expecting eith only orange or grape as that is all we can get in our home area. Well, I believe I found the Fanta capital of the world as they had every flavor you could imagine! She was floored when I brought her out Peach! We must now always stop here when making the drive! I was pretty tired by now, so after loading up, I pulled into the rest area nearby and had a good nap. I was able to go a good bit further before needing another one. We stopped for gas one more time just inside Virginia. Traffic had been very light, but picked up in D.C, but it was nothing major. I had one more small cat nap, before crossing back into PA. We grabbed a quick lunch at a Wendy's drive through, and made it back home about 1:30 in the afternoon on the 20th. I said my hellos to everyone waiting for us, grabbed a shower and a 2 hour nap before resuming my normal Monday night routine of soccer practice. I was already back in the swing of things!

Final Thoughts & Pics to come!

gauvin4
09-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Awww! Your trip is over. :( It broke my heart to hear Emily's pleading to stay. Poor girl (I know how she feels. I never want to leave either.):blush: Glad to hear you had a safe drive home. :thumbsup:
Thank you for sharing your vacation with us. :mickey:

January-2007
09-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks for reporting.

DizNee143
09-12-2007, 12:32 PM
aww...i hate the end of trips...but you guys really made the most of your last day!!..:mickey:

RedSoxFan
09-12-2007, 02:25 PM
I enjoyed all your trip reports. Sounds like you all had a great vacation. Look forward to seeing the pictures.:mickey:

princessgirls
09-12-2007, 08:39 PM
I always hate leaving the world too. It is very sad.

Emily is just too cute!!

Thanks Heather for all of your wonderful reports. You are a busy mom and I can relate with that, you really did put a lot of time and effort into your reports. I felt like I was there. Until the next Beach Club Babe Adventure... Stay safe and enjoy your family.
Julie:mickey:

faline
09-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Heather, I must admit, I had been avoiding reading this installment as I knew it would mean the end of your trip and your reports!

I'm glad you're home safely but my heart is with Emily - not at all ready to go yet!

ChipnDaleGal
09-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Heather, I must admit, I had been avoiding reading this installment as I knew it would mean the end of your trip and your reports!

I'm glad you're home safely but my heart is with Emily - not at all ready to go yet!

Me too, Heather. I am sorry your great trip had to end and reality was waiting for you at the end of your drive. Thanks for sharing it all with us. As always, your reports were a delight to read. :mickey:

iheartmickey
09-14-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm so sad this is your last report. They were so great and I loved all the details. I got a little teary when I read how Emily didn't want to leave. That's me! LOL!

Thank you so much for sharing all the details of your trip with us! :thumbsup:

vizsla
09-15-2007, 05:33 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Thanks for all the reports, I really enjoyed reading them.

Bethis26fan
09-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Thanks for sharing.