PDA

View Full Version : Pirates at TL?

mermaidmarian
09-12-2007, 09:39 AM
We were 2x at TL during our most recent trip in August. Each time, I saw groups of children dressed in pirate/castaway attire with CM's - the looked like they were on some kind of pirate adventure.

Anyone have information about what this was? It looked like what I imagined the pirate island adventure for kids would be, except that I thought that took off from GF and sailed the 7 Seas Lagoon.

Figment!
09-12-2007, 09:42 AM
From Tidbits August 2007 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=111615)
A Typhoon Test

8/13/07 Disney’s Caribbean Beach and Pop Century resorts have initiated a new test program at Typhoon Lagoon. From 8/4/07 – 9/8/07 (tentatively) Typhoon Lagoon is testing a new Children’s Activity Program for Guests 3- 9 that includes Lunch and activities such as volleyball, water balloon games, limbo, a pirate treasure hunt, a dance party and more.

The 40 child program runs from 10:00 am till 2:00 pm daily. The program is split into two age groups, 3-5 and 6-9, and is conducted by Ellis-trained life guards at a ratio of ~1 Guard per 5 children.

Guests can register through the Guest Services at the Caribbean Beach and Pop Century resorts, spots unfilled for the day will be available on a first come-first serve basis at Typhoon Lagoon. Check-in for each day’s program starts at 9:30 am near the Leaning Palms restaurant. The test program is included with Regular Park admission and all Guests must be potty trained to participate.

mermaidmarian
09-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks Jason!

You know, 3 minutes between my post and your answer - that seems a tad slow to me. :pirate: Could you folks at Intercot try to be bit quicker with the answers?! :rocks:

wendybird
09-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Do you have to be a guest at CB or POP to sign up your child, or just physically go there to sign them up?