PDA

View Full Version : AKL - Savanna or Pool View

jennsky
09-12-2007, 09:14 AM
So, I've read a few posts on Intercot and I saw that a bunch of people prefer the Pool View over the Savanna view at Animal Kingdom Lodge. My only fear is that if I get a Pool View then seeing the animals will be difficult to do. What are the viewing areas like and where are they located? For those of you who have been there, where would you suggest I get a room (view-wise and floor-wise, etc.) Thanks so much! I'm having such a hard time deciding what to do!

BigRedDad
09-12-2007, 09:33 AM
If I were going to get a Savannah room, I would only want one on the Zebra Trail. It was nice to see the others while there, but the animals on the Zebra Trail are nice to have right outside your room. If not there, then I would prefer a pool view.

mudpuppysmom
09-12-2007, 03:20 PM
We stayed at AKL two Septembers ago and when we checked in we got upgraded to a savannah view room.....Kudu Trail which isn't the greatest view of all the animals, but we did get to see QUITE a few!! One morning my son woke up to an ankole cow moo'ing and he moo'd back and they had a little conversation for a minute or two. We could see the animals being let out in the morning and saw them until you couldn't see any more....then we walked down and used the NVG's they had available.

This area overlooked a savannah (a small one) and the hot tub area, so I guess we got a mixed view.....pool/savannah!

If it were me going again, I'd book a savannah view.

Tinkerfreak
09-12-2007, 05:03 PM
We have been stayed there several times and love the savannah view. the only reason we are going with a pool view room this year is because we are only staying there for one night before moving to the Poly. We plan to hang out at the pool all afternoon so being near the pool made more sense. However, if I had not stayed as many times as we have I would book a savannah view room. I will never forget our first stay there and the excitement on my girls' faces when they first stepped onto the balcony and saw all the animals. They did not even want to leave the room. They would jump up in the morning all excited because they could go out and look at all the animals. It was a great way to start the day.

mouseketeer mom
09-12-2007, 08:53 PM
My vote's for the pool view. We stayed there this past January in a deluxe concierge room on the Kudu Trail and we saw mostly dirt and service trucks. Once we got lucky at feeding time and saw some giraffe from our balcony. But...walking in the hallways (which were soooo long) we saw SO MANY amazing animals. Windows are plentiful. There is no searching for a good place to see animals. They are everywhere. (except for outside our room;)) The pool view was Bee-U-Ti-Ful. We said for sure, if we ever stayed there again, thats the way to go.

c&d
09-13-2007, 10:15 AM
We've stayed at both and when we stay again I'll probably chose the pool view. There were just so many opportunities to view the animals that we really didn't spend at much time on our porch watching them, just a quick look in the morning before we left our room. On most days we would not get back to our room until night and it was too dark to see the animals.

When we had a pool view we spent time on our porch "people watching" when we would get back to our room.

TheRustyScupper
09-13-2007, 10:34 AM
1) Strictly a personal choice.
2) I know some who feel the vacation is ruined without an MK view.
3) I know others who don't mind just looking at a pool or trees.
4) To us, the value is in the resort.
5) There are decent animal viewing areas.
6) We don't need a specific Savannah view.
7) Besides, not every Savannah view is golden.