PDA

View Full Version : One unique, best feature of your fav resort

ArtDeco
09-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Reading the resort posts section, I was enlightened a couple of times about several resorts' unique, best feature.

Someone mentioned that Coronado Springs has an excellent food court if you're doing the dining plan.

Another mentioned that the boat ride to DTD from POR is a favorite feature.

Clotho says at BW, World Showcase is like your own personal playground. Never thought of that!

So what's your one, best, unique feature of your favorite resort? What draws you there every time?

Seasonscraps
09-12-2007, 12:55 AM
I love the Keister Coaster at the Boardwalk. :blush:

TammiMcMan
09-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Rental cabana's at the GF.

princessM0m
09-12-2007, 03:12 PM
I love the little island in the middle of the lake at the CBR. It has little walkways you can explore.

SBETigg
09-12-2007, 03:29 PM
It's a tough one, but I would say the lobby of the Grand Floridian. With the large ceilings, chandeliers, the piano/orchestra, the theming in the CM costumes, the tables of huge flower arrangements, and the upscale shops. It truly is grand.

AvonleaCF
09-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Definitely the boat ride at POR!! If I had to go from my resort to another, or another resort back to POR, I would transfer at Downtown Disney just so I could ride the boat. It was so relazing and beautiful (especially during a sunset).

Simba'sBud
09-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Granted I've only stayed at one resort so far on Disney property, I can say that my wife and I did lots of research before we made our final decision (most of it right here on intercot! :thumbsup:). I have to say that there are many wonderful and unique things to enjoy at POR, but the horse drawn carriage rides at sunset and the slow boat ride to DTD absolutely top the list.

bkfree
09-12-2007, 10:41 PM
We stay at the Yacht Club but this could be true of any of the Epcot Resorts-The best feature of all of them is the location. As someone mentioned already, when you stay at either BW,BC,YC or Swan/Dolphin ,you feel that Epcot and particularly World Showcase, MGM and all 5 resorts are your own up close and personal 24/7, just a few steps away playground and your are a Disney VIP and all together they make up one giant resort just for your own convenience. Even the bus transportion to the other parks and DTD seemed ready and waiting for just us everytime, whether we were leaving the resort or heading back to it. We never had to wait and it was never even close to being crowded. Almost like having our own personal driver and limo the entire week.

Sweezy
09-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Yacht Club--the pool.

trudisneygal
09-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Just had to stick a really cool note in about our stay at POR. We had a river front room at Parterre Place (one of the 'mansions') and were on the second floor. We thought the location and view were really cool, and man were we right! We walked into our room for the first time and didn't notice it at all, but when we walked back out to head to dinner, we looked up and there it was...the Epcot ball with the arm and wand lit up in perfect view from just outside our room door!! We checked some of the other balconies to see if you could get the same view, but came up lacking every time. I don't remember the room number at this time but I will be sure to stick that in here somewhere.

azdisneymom
09-12-2007, 11:53 PM
My favorite feature is waking up early in the morning, throwing open the curtains and seeing giraffes and zebras right outside. Makes me feel as if I am visiting the savannahs in Africa for a few moments. I am planning my 4th stay at AKL because I never get tired of the view!

DizneyRox
09-13-2007, 07:46 AM
Night scope viewing of animals at AKL. Very unique...

Maleficent's Dad
09-13-2007, 09:46 AM
BCV - literally, a 5 minute walk from your room into the R&C pub. :cheers:

martinfamily5
09-13-2007, 10:03 AM
My favorite feature is waking up early in the morning, throwing open the curtains and seeing giraffes and zebras right outside. Makes me feel as if I am visiting the savannahs in Africa for a few moments. I am planning my 4th stay at AKL because I never get tired of the view!

I loved that. We got a really good deal once and got to stay at AKL. But normally, we can't afford deluxe so we really charished the morning sites of the animals. That was so fantastic.

c&d
09-13-2007, 10:18 AM
VWL: The walk along the exercise trail either early morning or dusk when the deer are all along the path dining. We've also seen an armadillo on one of our walks.

Septbride2002
09-13-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm a new DVC member and I haven't stayed at my home resort yet - so my answer may change.

My favorite resort out of all of them I've stayed at is Port Orleans - Riverside.

The best feature to me is the little walkways and courtyards. I love looking at the little fountains, and all the greenery. I love the outside decor of the building with the rod iron. I just love how small and intimate it is - just like the French Quarter (without the trash and booze!)

~Amanda

mouseketeer mom
09-14-2007, 08:48 AM
I love the lit Tiki's at the Poly in the evening. I love how you leave the Poly while its still daylight hours for dinner, then return in the later evening to a magical, firelit walkway. It makes me feel happy every time. The grounds just feel magical and intimate with those tiki's lit. We created the feel of that on our own deck outside. We found a man at the Jersey shore that carves real wood tiki's in all sizes and types. We purchased 4 of them, 2 small for some shelves on our deck, and 1, 5 foot one for our eating area, and a 3 foot one for our garden at the foot of our deck. We have tiki lights all around the perimeter of our deck, and one next to our garden tiki too. We light them at night when we're out there and I love it. Makes me feel closer to the Poly! :tikki:

darthmacho
09-14-2007, 12:21 PM
I love the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge, where the decor is just grand, and the area music, and the scent of the wood fired grills of the restaurants simply transport you to another world! :pine:

#1donaldfan
09-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Can I do two???? POR boat ride to DtD as mentioned and #2 would be the calm, relaxing, shaded, laid back setting of POR AB.......I've only stayed at POR but visited all the others.....I just can't do without POR at least once a year......

Here we go again...
09-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Nothing beats the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge at Christmas time. :thumbsup:

Tinkerfreak
09-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Another AKL lover here. Just love waking up and walking out on the balcony and seeing the giraffes. Something about it just automatically relaxes me.

thejens
09-14-2007, 05:25 PM
AKL-walking around the pool patio with a drink, relaxing and watching giraffes and flamingos etc.
WL-little bunnies everywhere in May!
ASM-my three year old talking earnestly to the "real Herbie" in the courtyard
Contemporary-rolling out of bed and into the monorail within minutes!

Clotho
09-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Oh I was quoted! :)

Yes, BW is the place to be if you love World Showcase as much as we do. And there is the Boardwalk itself, also great for close-to-home entertainment and good eats.

Polynesian made Magic Kingdom our playground. We could get there in less than 10 minutes, door-to-door. So we ran over there a lot during our trip, which was a blast.

pook@wdw
09-14-2007, 07:42 PM
:heart: As you can see from my signature, our fave resort is WL. There are several things that draw us to this north woods wonder!:cloud9: 1st...the sounds and smells as you enter the cavernous lobby. :cloud9: The walk along the sparkling stream, past the beautiful waterfall (which is even better @ night), which empties into the rock-formed pool, which is located next to the Trout Pass Bar (best Dirty Bananas on property). But my personal fave thing @ WL is being on the boat dock @ sunrise, in my jammies w/my coffee (in my WL mug), and no one else around! This is a glorious sight that should be seen by EVERYONE!!:cloud9:

medic9016
09-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Having my own camper at Fort Wilderness.

ArtDeco
09-16-2007, 01:03 AM
:heart: As you can see from my signature, our fave resort is WL. There are several things that draw us to this north woods wonder!:cloud9: 1st...the sounds and smells as you enter the cavernous lobby. :cloud9: The walk along the sparkling stream, past the beautiful waterfall (which is even better @ night), which empties into the rock-formed pool, which is located next to the Trout Pass Bar (best Dirty Bananas on property). But my personal fave thing @ WL is being on the boat dock @ sunrise, in my jammies w/my coffee (in my WL mug), and no one else around! This is a glorious sight that should be seen by EVERYONE!!:cloud9:

Pook, I didn't answer my own forum question, but if I had to, mine would be the same as yours. That walk from the front of WL to the pool is so amazing. Music, sights, smells... how is it I can be in FL and feel like I'm in Yellowstone?

jakeybake
09-19-2007, 02:20 PM
The International Gateway Entrance to Epcot from the Beach Club. Feels like you have your won private entrance to the park.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-19-2007, 07:38 PM
My husband and I enjoy the Wilderness Lodge's main lobby, the gigantic fire place, the pool area, and all the wonderful smells coming from Artist Point.:pine::pine::pine:

pogo
09-19-2007, 10:43 PM
We loved our stay at the Poly..... MK view was special. :cloud9:

POFQ has something no other resort has..... Scat Cats Lounge and Elliot Dyson entertaining. We loved sitting there at the end of our day with :wine: or :marg: and listening to cool jazz. :D

Lightnin McQueen
09-20-2007, 07:19 AM
For me it's gotta be walking into the lobby at AKL, the sheer scale of the lobby and all it's wonderful furnishings and architecture is stunning and amazing, the sound of drums, the smells of Boma and Jiko. The whole atmosphere lifts you and makes you feel really special as you enter with your suitcases on arrival, you just know it's gonna be a great vacation :mickey3: :cloud9:

mickeefan
09-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Polynesian for it's atmosphere, transportation, restaurants, and location.

tiaramom
09-20-2007, 10:12 AM
The grounds of Coronado are absolutely beautiful to stroll through anytime of day or night. We saw many animals- bunnies- beautiful birds. There are waterfalls and spanish statues and artifacts all through the resort. It has a genuine Spanish feel. It trasports guest to a time and place of luxury and relaxation with its large pools and child friendly playgrounds within sand castles to pretend. The Grounds gets my vote !

As far as what is extra special at POP
Even though the value is less expensive - it is loaded with fab perks. The food court and shop is extra large in size and offers so very much.I can shop here later at night and relax and have a cup of coffee and take a strll through their grounds- overly stimulated- but!!!
In the back there is lacke of romance and relaxation- even a bridge to nowhere. Here to too are lovely large birds and bunnies.

TheRustyScupper
09-20-2007, 10:58 AM
My favorite part of the resort is being THERE, instead of at home or in my office.