PDA

View Full Version : What would you choose?

dolphinmickey9170
09-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Hi, a little background:

Ben and I will be taking a two week long trip in August '08. We are DVC members and will stay at WL Villas with our DDs 15/17 and our DGD1 (whose mom will join us later---see below).
Ben's daughters, their boyfriends, and one set of a boyfriend's parents are coming (6 people total).

Would you book a family suite at All stars or two separate rooms also at All stars? I am going to book and pay for it for them, so I will receive my AP discount. I am looking for pros and cons of these two choices. I also will need to purchase this as a package, with dining and parkhopper/waterpark tickets. I have a quote from Magical Journeys!! I am just not sure which way to go. If I understand the quote correctly, the price was the same for either way. HELP!! PLEASE!! I just don't know what to do. I am having dinner with these 6 people in October to let them know the details, so I would like to be informed so that I may be informing.

Did I just ramble?? Thanks everyone!

ps: any activities for a group of 11 that you can recommend would be great too. We won't be spending 24/7 together, but would like to have meals together. Maybe some park time, but not all......:blush:. I think I would probably go :crazy:....or worse..........oh, never mind!

kakn7294
09-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Well, I guess I just found out where you're staying - so much for my PM to you! I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think you could get an AP discount on suites. Personally, from the pictures I've seen, the suites at the ASMu don't look very comfortable. The "beds" are actually one real double bed, one double sleeper sofa, and 2 single sleeper chairs. I don't know how comfortable that would be for 6 adults. And yes, you did just ramble - strangely, I was able to follow it.

bleukarma
09-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Well, I guess I just found out where you're staying - so much for my PM to you! I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think you could get an AP discount on suites. Personally, from the pictures I've seen, the suites at the ASMu don't look very comfortable. The "beds" are actually one real double bed, one double sleeper sofa, and 2 single sleeper chairs. I don't know how comfortable that would be for 6 adults. And yes, you did just ramble - strangely, I was able to follow it.

:ditto: on everything she just said! I've seen the ASMu Suites and I wouldn't recommend cramming 6 adults into them. I'd go with the 2 rooms. :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
09-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Thanks to both of you. I think you are so right about cramming 6 adults into one suite. And you are right about the discount, I got an email from Wendy at MJ and there are NO discounts on suites. Well, that locked that up. I will surely get them two rooms.

Kathy, you're right, I did ramble, but I was being hurried off the computer at the college, so, ya know, I had to hurry and finish up.:blush:

J.T.Toad
09-14-2007, 08:25 AM
I would consider renting points from a dvc member and have them stay in a two bedroom villa at the Wilderness close to you.
JT

DDuck66
09-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Also double check on getting the rooms with the AP discount. I believe that they now limit (08) to one room instead of 3 like it used to be. I read that in another thread the other day.

MNNHFLTX
09-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Also double check on getting the rooms with the AP discount. I believe that they now limit (08) to one room instead of 3 like it used to be.This is what I have heard, although I've not seen an official policy change from WDW. Supposedly the AP rate can only be applied to the AP holder's room too. Your best bet is probably to call up reservations and find out what the policy is. Since you're paying for the room (a very generous gesture), maybe they will give you the discount?:confused:

caryrae
09-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Also do the family suites have one bathroom also. If they do having 6 adults and one bathroom could make for a long morning with everyone getting ready. At least with the 2 rooms there would be 2 bathrooms.

tyandskyesmom
09-14-2007, 01:50 PM
And, if you are going to do a package on the two value rooms, you cannot have an AP discount...it is one or the other.

J.T.Toad
09-14-2007, 07:52 PM
If your DH has an AP as well have him make the second reservation

dolphinmickey9170
09-15-2007, 05:10 PM
If your DH has an AP as well have him make the second reservation
good idea, thanks:mickey: