PDA

View Full Version : Interesting tidbit: trading TS to CS

Clotho
09-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Just got back and wanted to throw out a little piece of info I saw while I was there.

On the TV at the Poly, there was the usual resort television info, including a constantly scrolling list of info about resort times, events, points of interest, etc. One thing caught my eye. It said that if you now had the option of trading in a TS credit for a "Quick Service" meal (CS to us), and you would also receive either an additional TWO snack credits -OR- a lanyard with trading pins.

I theorize the overbooking on the free DDP had caused a lot of angry people who had not made adequate ADR's, and were being forced to use their TS at CS locations. This was a way to appease them. I wonder if it worked... It was just a blip on the screen, and the few people I ended up chatting with on this trip about the DDP didn't seem to know about this. So it wasn't widely advertised by any stretch. I also wonder if this is an ongoing offer, or if it was just related to the free DDP promotion going on now causing extra crowds.

We also found it funny that there was a page that said if you had not made any dining reservations yet, to contact your concierge right away to make plans. I bet the concierge's had to deal with a lot of upset people, as well. ICK!

Anyway, just a bit of fresh info!

Figment!
09-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the update.

This was offered last year during the Free Dining Promotion Period as well, so I suspect this is only for this year's Free Dining Promotion Period.

disneynarula
09-11-2007, 04:15 PM
That is pretty interesting. We have all our TS ADRs taken care of. This might be a nice option if we decide to change our schedule and don't want to be held to a dining time.

MMouse6937
09-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Hey Jason, or anyone else, do you know if you can trade your CS down to snacks?

Thanks

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-12-2007, 01:33 PM
This is a great idea. If anyone has more info about how long this will last, please post. Thanks!

huzzah4
09-12-2007, 04:16 PM
HMMMMMMMMMM, if I traded everything down to snacks, just how many snack credits would that allow me for "grazing" at F&W?

Figment!
09-12-2007, 04:34 PM
... can trade your CS down to snacks?Assuming this is the same promotion based practice as last year, no.

The extra option set a limited-time, standard process for converting a Table Service Credit.

This is a great idea. If anyone has more info about how long this will last, please post.In all likelihood, it will only last till the end of the Free Dining Promotion Period, as it did last year.

See Dining Changes During "Free Dining" 2006 Season (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=81968)for the discussion and details of last year's similar limited time option.