PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club or Yacht Club??

jennsky
09-11-2007, 03:20 PM
I have two nights to spend in a deluxe resort, after which we are going to move to a Value resort for 10 days. I simply want to be able to relax and enjoy the resort for the time I am there so I won't be visiting any of the theme parks, although we would go mini-golfing, swimming, shopping, etc. After watching my Disney Vacation Planning DVD, the Beach & Yacht clubs grabbed my attention although I had never really heard much about them before. Which would you think would be a good choice for myself, my husband, and my 2 year old daughter? Which do you guys prefer or would you suggest another Deluxe resort?

gtpooh
09-11-2007, 03:24 PM
The Beach Club is fantastic, and has a wonderful pool area your 2 year old would love. It's simply the best hotel pool area at WDW. I would also recommend the Grand Floridian, as that's a great choice for relaxing as well. Very elegant and very beautiful resort.

jwallace378
09-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Both the Beach & Yacht Club share the same pool (and it is the best in WDW). I prefer the Beach Club. It's more light and cheery. The Yacht Club is a little darker in decor.

bkfree
09-11-2007, 03:37 PM
We've stayed at all the other resorts onsite and offsite. But for us Yacht Club is the top of the heap. From location, amazing CM's, gorgeous rooms and views, top notch guest services and the favorite resort of my children, ages 6 and 8.
If mine were given the choice of going twice a year and staying somewhere else or once a year at the Yacht Club, there would be no hesitation in their choice, Yacht Club.

Red Randal
09-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Don't get me wrong, the Beach Club is very nice and Stormalong Bay is the best resort pool, but half of what makes the Yacht & Beach Clubs great is their close proximity to Epcot.

If you don't plan on leaving the resort, I'd suggest going with something more secluded like the Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge. You could definately enjoy yourself looking at the savannah or the amazing interior of the resort. The only problem with AKL is the current construction. Wilderness Lodge was also great. I thought their pool was very well done and I could sit in the lobby all day. Both resorts also have great restaurants you can try (Boma and Jiko at AKL and Artist Point at WL.)

MickeyMousse
09-11-2007, 08:32 PM
We love the Yacht Club.:number1: Love the nautical theme and yes, it is dark, but it's all that great woodwork that they did in making it look and feel like a YACHT CLUB! Great view, the CM's are wonderful....you have access to Stormalong Bay and a quiet pool w/ hot tub.....2 :thumbsup: restaurants: The Galley and The Yachtsman.....also, we felt that YC was more adult oriented...meaning less kids staying there, which helps when wanting to relax!:) Also, wonderful views of the boardwalk, pools.....My vote: YC all the way!!:woohoo:

WDW Dreamer
09-11-2007, 09:14 PM
I love the Beach Club resort. I especially like the close proximaty to EPCOT and MGM and the convenience of being able to hop on the monorail to MK. It's a very pretty resort and has a calming effect. The food at Cape May, Beaches and Cream and the Yachtsman Steakhouse is very good. Nice pool/water park area. It's number one in my book. :thumbsup:

prprincess
09-12-2007, 09:57 AM
I voted Beach Club. I love the decor, and it's a bit more laid back that the Yacht Club.

thejens
09-12-2007, 10:04 PM
I love the Beach Club almost as much as I love Animal Kingdom. Either would be great choices. Your 2 year old would probably love playing in the sand in Stormalong, but if your toddler loves to wander you may find yourself getting your exercise! the Pool meanders quite a bit. AKL has a great zero entry pool too, though not as big and exciting as stormalong. Either one would be a great choice.

frakers
09-13-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm torn. I voted for YC because that's where we spent our honeymoon and it's my sentimental choice. However, we're going to be at the BC in 8 days for our 10th anniversary trip. We've stayed at the BC more often but both are great. I would tend to agree that the YC seems to have an older crowd and/or those with no kids from our experiences there. Can't go wrong with either though in our book.

mjaclyn
09-13-2007, 12:58 PM
I think your 2yo daughter would LOVE the pool at BC. You can also rent boats and bicycles to ride around the lagoon. Very nice. :) I'm sure she would also really enjoy Beaches & Cream - an adorable 'soda shop' setting where you can eat some very yummy food & ice cream. The BC decor is very light & airy - you feel like you're at the beach! DH and I are heading there this weekend with our 10mos old DD and we're so excited!! I'm sure wherever you decide to stay, you'll have an amazing time!:mickey: