PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up to intercot staff

tony2979
09-11-2007, 03:12 PM
This is such a great place to get away from the real world and think about nothing Disney.

The staff does a great job of maintaining this sanctuary from the real world and I applaud them for that.

On the other hand, a big thumbs up to you guys. When I enter the website, the first thing I see is a tribute to the victims of September 11th. I have seen this with Vetern's Day also. It is tasteful, appropriate and a great reminder that there are bigger things than whether our dole whip was runny :mickey:

Thanks to you for remembering and creating a visable place to stop and think about our fallen heros!!

JERSEYDISFAN
09-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Bravo to John Y and all the INTERCOT staff.

I mourn today for 343 fallen brothers in the fire service. As we pause to remember the innocent victims and the heros of 9/11, let us also remember the words of Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg.

". . . The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion . . ."

IloveDisney71
09-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Bravo to John Y and all the INTERCOT staff.

...let us also remember the words of Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg.

". . . The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion . . ."

I was also happy to see the very tasteful 9/11 reminder. I also love this quote. Thanks for sharing it with us!:thumbsup:

SgtTigger
09-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Thanks to all of the Staff and to John.....

It is because Of September 11, 2001 that I joined INTERCOT.

I was a lurker for a while and to escape the news coverage after a few days I dove in to INTERCOT. On the 26th of September I got up the courage and created a screen name...........

Thanks for the Tribute...........

:cop: :tigger:

tinksmom02
09-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Very nice tribute, thank you. :flag:

cal5755
09-12-2007, 05:33 PM
I agree!! It was a wonderful tribute and the staff deserves a big Kudos!:thumbsup:

Jasper
09-12-2007, 05:45 PM

I love to see how my favorite president is still so relevant today as he was so many years ago!! It is especially neat because he grew up about 30 miles from where I have spent most of my life.

What makes my love of Honest Abe even more fun is the fact that my now adult daughter actually works for the National Park Service as an interpreter at the Abraham Lincoln memorial here in southern Indiana. Every time I go to the farm I can’t help but get a little misty eyed looking at the tiny cabin and hearth where all the great tales of Lincoln were spawned. It was here that he learned to read, split so many rails, gained his reputation for honesty, and most importantly lost his mother and sister!

Needless to say when I read things like this quote being so appropriate in this day it really tugs at my heart!

#1donaldfan
09-27-2007, 04:38 AM
It's good to see that we can still remember....it's a shame some just want to forget.......