PDA

View Full Version : Question about steaks in Disney

Mnchknbrat1982
09-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Maybe someone can tell me if there is any truth to this. I've heard in several trip reports that Disney tends to cook their steaks on the rare side? So I can tell the bf how to order them, he normally orders them medium well.......just a little pink. How should we order in Disney to get them the way we like?

#1donaldfan
09-11-2007, 02:49 PM
order them the way you like them, as you would normally do.....if it comes to the table, not to your satisfaction, send it back.....I have always been treated like a king at any Disney eatery........excpet 50's prime time...different story.......anyway the CM's have always done us right.......

TexasPrincessAurora
09-11-2007, 03:45 PM
My husband is very particular about his steaks being well done. The only time it came and wasn't done enough was at Narcoossee's. Our waiter took it right back and had it done correctly.

Clotho
09-11-2007, 03:46 PM
All of ours were cooked properly with one exception: Coral Reef overcooked hubby';s New York. But that whole restaurant experience was sub-par for us, and I wouldn't make it the example of our steak experiences (of which we had 4 on this trip, all the other three being perfect).

SBETigg
09-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Maybe someone can tell me if there is any truth to this. I've heard in several trip reports that Disney tends to cook their steaks on the rare side? So I can tell the bf how to order them, he normally orders them medium well.......just a little pink. How should we order in Disney to get them the way we like?

You honestly can't just make a blanket statement that "Disney" tends to cook steaks a certain way. You're dealing with a number of different restaurants and different chefs. I would order as you normally do and don't worry about it.

dolphinmickey9170
09-11-2007, 04:51 PM
My DH and I ordered steaks almost every evening for dinner. He orders his MW and I order mine M. Mine is quite pink in the middle (NOT RED) his were very little pink. PERFECT!! Just tell them what you desire. MW little pink. They will accomodate him!:mickey:Enjoy!

TheRustyScupper
09-11-2007, 08:16 PM
1) for best results, I always give a temperature spec.
2) This stops confusion in ANY restaurant.
3) Even prevents problems in Asia or Europe.
4) Of course, there I use Centigrade.
5) And, ALL chefs/cooks carry a meat thermometer.
6) Samples:
. . . 140ºF-145ºF (61ºC) . . . Rare
. . . 150ºF-155ºF (69ºC) . . . Medium Rare
. . . 160ºF-165ºF (72ºC) . . . Medium
. . . 165ºF-170ºF (75ºC) . . . Medium Well
. . . 170ºF+ (76º+C) . . . . . .Well